140:Rose NC

145:Decker NC

152: Mullins NC

160:Hutchinson EC

171:Manning SD

189:McMullen EC

215: Mofield NC

285: Brown EC

Off the top of my head ... Should be a lot of good finals especially @ 130,135,140,145, ---I have both sectionals with 7 champs a piece, I believe last year Shen had 8-6 advantage,,,not real sure, any other predictions?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

103-Cole Maggard

112-Cody Phillips

119-Brendan Campbell

125-Alex Catron

130-Cody Handley

135-Chase Woodall

140-Levi Rose

145-Jonathon Decker

152-Conner Mullins

160-Zach Hutchinson

171-Nick Manning

189-Bronc Fletcher

215-Jeff Mofield

285-Ricky Brown

I have Shen. sectional with 9 champs...

103 Maggard Rushville

112 Phillips Union Co.

119 Campbell New Castle

125 Bottomley Connersville

130 House Connersville

135 Woodall Connersville

140 McCoy Franklin Co.

145 Decker New Castle

152 Mullins New Castle

160 Hutchinson East Central

171 Manning S. Dearborn

189 Fletcher Centerville

215 Bischoff East Central

285 Brown East Central

that's (9 champs from South Dearborn Sectional and 5 from Shenandoah)

103 Maggard

112 Phillips

119 Campbell

125 Catron

130 House

135 Woodall

140 Rose

145 Maple

152 Mullins

160 Hutchinson

171 Manning

189 McMullen

215 Mofield

285 Brown

8 -6 south Dearborn sectional... The only picks on here I find hard to believe is Fletcher at 189 only because he didn't win his sectional though. All the other picks I pretty much see as possibilities. Before some one jumps on me about 145 that's my upset pick since I like to have them.

Fletcher lost in a very close match. Had a latteral that could've been scored as a takdown and 3 back but the ref only gave 3 back. I spoke to the offical after the match re; the call and he said it was close. Fletcher was on top when the wrestlers had complete separation when the throw happened. but it all happen so fast the offical didn't have time to score it he jumped to the mat to look for the fall and never gave the escape or takedown. 2nd period he gave 2 nearfall to Shenandoah on a roll throu that led to a reversal. 3rd period Fletcher had what looked like a takedown near the line with a cradle locked up from the side and didn't get the call. All of these situations could've been called  either  way very close match. So it is not unreasonable to think he could win a rematch?

Guest markkillion73

SpartanDog is right on the money. He is calling it exactly as it was and I say fletcher wins that match 9 out of 10 times.

Something just does not sound right with your first scenario don't you have to be in control to be awarded back points and if Fletcher wasn't awarded a takedown he wasn't in control and should not have been awarded any back points.Now I have seen a defensive wrestler get a fall but I have never seen them awarded back points without a reversal.If a defensive wrestler could be awarded back points wouldn't both wrestlers get back points everytime a tilt was ran? I questioned a official on this very same thing years ago and won my argument when the head official intervened and my wrestler was awarded 2 back and 2 takedown instead of just 2 back I think Coach Day should have approached the table and asked for clarification on this one.

Fletcehr had scored a takedown and Lumpkin came to his feet. It probably should have been an escape and takedown for Fletcher. At the end of the match Fletcher could have been as easily PINNED, when time ran out Lumpkin had secured 3NF. Final score was 11-8 or 12-8. I think the second. The Doah wrestler could have stalled the last 10-15 seconds but worked to put Fletcher on his back. Lumpkin a soph has a decieving record. Half of his losses are at 215. He is a very atheletic individual. He also finished higher than Fletcher at regional last year.

@ 215 lbs.------Mofield won the Reg. last year with a more stacked weight class( Barret (CONN) state placer 8th, that got 3rd @ Reg. , and the SD wrestler, Forman??) and this year some are still not picking him to win, he hasn't allowed a TD all year, The ONLY way he loses if he beats himself by not pushing the action.

Spartandog. What ever you guys are drinking down there I would like a swig of it.  4 at most winning regional from south dearborn sectional.  That's my prodiction.

What are you drinking? only 4? what are your predictions. As for Fletcher, I've watched him and I've watched McMullen and I don't know if he can beat McMullen this year. McMullen Beat Gunter easily last week and I heard Fletcher struggled with Gunter... Plus McMullen beat Bishoff in Wrestle offs and he was my prediction to win Regionals. Fletcher is good I just don't know if he can get past McMullen... if he does beat McMullen then he's my pick to win.

I like what you're thinking except i have NC at 125, and 140  if Moefield from NC don't have a dum>>>>>>>  attach at 215 i like him but who knows.  lol  i saw the fletcher match was some ? calls but what i saw from my point about half way into the 3rd prd. he lost it and was beat.  i hate it that his self controle is so bad. it was not as bad as last year but i hate it for his mom and brother who are always there for him.  in the be scheme of life it still is only wrestling.  i hope he can get it under wraps before he is in a jail, for over reacting to someone cutting him off on the road.  but 9 out of 10 he does win. but the 1 bit him, and it will again this week.  he will be lucky to see the field house.  jst my thoughts.

All number 1 seeds from New Castle will win.  sorry for all the other wrestlers, jest the facts.  Campbell, Catron, Rose, Decker, Mullins and Moefield are jest to seasoned and strong. everyone of those young men will have a big part in the final 16 on friday night at state.

Fletcehr had scored a takedown and Lumpkin came to his feet. It probably should have been an escape and takedown for Fletcher. At the end of the match Fletcher could have been as easily PINNED, when time ran out Lumpkin had secured 3NF. Final score was 11-8 or 12-8. I think the second. The Doah wrestler could have stalled the last 10-15 seconds but worked to put Fletcher on his back. Lumpkin a soph has a decieving record. Half of his losses are at 215. He is a very atheletic individual. He also finished higher than Fletcher at regional last year.

Lumpkin is just a stud. period  ;D

103-Cole Maggard

112-Cody Phillips

119-Brendan Campbell

125-Alex Catron

130-Cody Handley

135-Charles Baker

140-?

145-Jordan Maple

152-Conner Mullins

160-Zach Hutchinson

171-Nick Manning

189-Jacob Lumpkin

215-Jeff Mofield

285-Ricky Brown

I have Shen. sectional with 9 champs...

You act as if fletcher is a out of control person which he is not. I think he got screwed in that match by bad calls but that wasn't the only thing that lost the match for him. After the match he was mad at his self and he did hit the mat but he shook the other wrestler's hand twice before he left the mat. He does get fired up on the mat but he is still a great kid.

I don't know ***potty mouth*** from apple butter but i know this------ lack of self control will cost ya, maybe not at Rich. regional this week, but u bet ur A$$ it will next week at the NC semi-state. Hopefully every1 has learned there lesson going into this week's regional because more adversity is on its way from A) larger Crowds B) tougher competition C) missed calls to D) = more pressure. Good luck to alll and hopefully this snow will clear up come Saturday, hate what happended last year where we had to wrestle on a Monday I believe...