Facelift

O-C-W

So with all the talk on who was eligable to wrestle for which school in the elem. duals, what team had the biggest facelift :D

I had heard that Avon had a few ringers, and I see they won it. I was curious to see everyones opinion on if this was an issue or not. Below it was Avon questioning the rules on who was able to wrestle for their club quit a bit, so it didn't really suprise me when I heard that. Not to take anything away from Avon at all, just curious how this issue went? I won't go as far as to ask them for their Doctors information  ;D

only 4 kids on Avons team do not go to school in Avon 2 are from Plainfield who does not have a club and 1 from Danville who has been in our club in the past and 1 who goes to St. Christopher in Speedway but lives in our district and has always been a part of our club. yes there were some who also belong to Contenders but unless they move or pay tution will be attending Avon High School.

Quinnsdad is correct. We took 24 wrestlers on our team. All wrestlers live within our county and within 10 miles of the high school (two live in my house!). All are paying members of our club. All but three live in our township (2 live in Plainfield and one lives in Danville). The three kids that live in the adjoining townships, have been coming to our club off and on for years. The youngman from Danville is the son of an Avon Grad. (can not get much more community based than that).

With this said, there were many teams with kids from multiple counties. We had no issue with this.

There were 16 kids from our township that placed within the top 8 at youth state last year. Our duel meet record over the past 3 years is 45-4. We are are working very hard to build our program and to bring the Washington Township (Avon) kids together.

You may have seen our team earlier in the season at Perry. We had 7 wrestlers wrestling with team Indiana at Christmas duals that day and 3 at family Christmas. We did look different with 10 starters out. We were still able to take 3rd out of 16 there.

It is a shame that we had this awesome tourney, and all that is being discussed is ringers and coaches pulling hair. We are all better than that! Lets be thankful that our kids were able to get some very quality matches in early on, and thank Chris Lynch, the young table workers, and the rest of the ISWA for a great tourney.

If you have any questions about my club, you can call me at 317-201-0644 or better yet feel free to come to live night tonight. It is held every Wednesday night and is open to all USA card carriers. You will see first hand what we do.

I hope that this post helps clear up your concerns O-C-W. And I hope that if you have any other concerns about my club that you will contact me directly.

With all of this said, great job to all AWC team members. We have all but 6 coming back for next year and look forward to defending our title.

Thanks,

Matthew Brewer

AWC board member

www.avonwrestling.org

Matty I am sure your team works very hard, and I agree you are working on creating a very solid program. I just hope with all the hard work you are putting in, you are actually letting the kids that work like this for you have the opportunity. I truly do hope the conversations that I had were false, and you didn't actually tell kids that wrestle for you on a daily and weekly basis that they couldn't participate because there was someone that lived in the area that was good, and technically they could be part of our team and they are better then you, so they are going to take your spot so we can win a elem. state title. 

Now is the iswa going to make them same kids be apart of avons team for individual state.  Or can they just jump anywhere.

I am not sure if that will happen. Again, some teams had kids from all over. As stated above the vast majority of kids live in Avon and will attend Avon High School (where the club is located).

Again, we can care less about the make up of the other teams.We were told back when this tournament was announced that all kids need to go to school in each community. With this said, we got every tough Washington Township boy (and we have a bunch) together, they joined the club, and we started to work (within the rules) to make a run at the title. We had collected report cards and were set. Then two weeks before the tournament, we were told that it was open to all club members. We added the three club members to the line up that live in adjoining townships. That is how we went about it.

It is no mystery that some of the kids that live in Avon attend CIA, Red Cobra, or Contenders. We are very fortunate to live next to these fine clubs and have families that are dedicated enough to join them. With this said, we will not force any family, or child to choose us over another club. The fact of the matter is that most elite wrestlers in our state attend elite clubs as well as their home club. If any Washington Township child prefers to enter a team competition with another club (and rules allow it), we will not hold that against them. They will always be welcomed at the community club, and congratulated when they have success elsewhere. We want the kids within our community to grow as wrestlers and people. We do not look at elite clubs as our competition, but as a huge benefit for our residents and future wrestlers. With all of this said I assure you that our kids will always do their best to represent themselves, their familes, their community, or what ever organization that they represent.

Again, lets remember this is all about growing the sport of wrestling.

Matty I am sure your team works very hard, and I agree you are working on creating a very solid program. I just hope with all the hard work you are putting in, you are actually letting the kids that work like this for you have the opportunity. I truly do hope the conversations that I had were false, and you didn't actually tell kids that wrestle for you on a daily and weekly basis that they couldn't participate because there was someone that lived in the area that was good, and technically they could be part of our team and they are better then you, so they are going to take your spot so we can win a elem. state title.  

I have never been negative on this board so I will not start now. Just rest assured that all members of our team work out and practice with us. With this said, we had wrestle offs and the best wrestlers / club members were added. I am not sure what club you are with (you are not proud enough to list it in your profile). But rest assured If your boys wrestle an Avon boy, they will get a very tough effort. As I stated before, feel free to call me and I will answer any concerns. We have two teams that travel to duel meets. We do not charge either team a dime to attend duels. If you are a member of our club, you will wrestle duels (for free). We provide all kids (that are willing) chances to get many matches, before the ISWA season starts. On many weekends we will send them to different meets. IE: We had teams at Brownsburg and Columbus a few weeks ago. I can and will find mat time for any willing member. It is easy to knock success when you are anonymous on a message board. Apparently you have never met me, or you would know where my heart is. I hope one day you will be able to mentor kids and make your club better (wherever that may be). Until then you should really begin to look at the positives of our sport, and be thankful to the ISWA and the voluteers within our organization that make our sport the greatest in the state. Again, enough with the negative, call me if you need answers. I would really like to met you or talk to you so you can be educated or better informed. Thanks

By the way we have over 100 youth wrestlers this year we could only bring 24. So, a lot of kids were left out of this tourney. I will find mat time for the kids that wanted to came but came up short. This is not soccer where as everyone makes the team, no one loses,  and we all eat orange slices (sorry soccer fans). I would never single out anyones team, but I assure you that ours was just as legit as all others. I am sure that my friends from the other teams would agree.

O-C-W

Would this have been brought up if Perry or Bloomington South would've won? I know for fact that these 2 teams had kids from other clubs or areas of Indiana on their teams.

Here is the list of Contenders that wrestled for Avon that live within a mile of Avon HS attends practices at Contenders 3 days a week and Avon Club 2 days and attends Avon HS Summer Camp.

Tyson Lane - Pine Tree Elem

Trey Lane - Pine Tree Elem

Raymond Rioux - Pine Tree Elem

Camden Chatterton - Not Sure

Tyler Minor- Pine Tree Elem

Garrett Williamson - Cedar Elem

Drew Williamson - Avon Inter West

Ty Mills - Danville MS - has always attend Avon Clubs since he was a PeeWee and dad is a Avon Grad.

I want to send out congrats to the Avon club.  Izzy, Matt and Danny have done a fine job with this program.  I have been over to your club practice and I recall seeing all of the kids that were on your dual team in the room.  This topic is meaningless and you guys should not even have to answer any questions such as this.  Anyone that is around elem wrestling and knows anything about would not even start a topic like this.  Sometimes I think it was better before the internet because people could not stand behind a screen name and make false accusations and no one knows who it is.

Bryan Bailey 

Hopefully, the ISWA will learn from this mistake and close the loop hold for next year. If the wrestler doesn't attend the school system then he is out!! a simple fix to an over looked mistake. If you don't have a wrestler for a weight take the forfit and go on. Remember its about the kids, not the coaches and clubs !!

Hopefully, the ISWA will learn from this mistake and close the loop hold for next year. If the wrestler doesn't attend the school system then he is out!! a simple fix to an over looked mistake. If you don't have a wrestler for a weight take the forfit and go on. Remember its about the kids, not the coaches and clubs !!

Well said, I could not agree more. We had our line up set with all Avon (Washington Township) residents, when the rules were changed weeks before the tournament (due to teams not being able to field a line up). With this said, then all club members were then allowed to wrestle off for spots (regardless of school). As stated above 3 wrestlers (club members) from adjoining townships were given spots. It would not be fair (at any club) for paying club members to not be allowed to wrestle for a spot, if the rules allowed it (which they did).

I am sure that is why we saw some teams with kids from two or three different counties. The rules did not disallow this. For this reason, we (Avon) did not take issue or have a problem with it.

It was made clear, at the coaches meeting, that they had to open it up to club memebers which live outside of the school districts. If they did not we would not have had a tourney. I am sure that ISWA did there best, and that is all that we can ask.

There is a meeting scheduled at ISWA folkstyle state to better set rules for the coming years. I have faith that the ISWA will address all concerns.

Matty I find it very humorus that you feel the need to send me private messages telling me how it is obvious that I can't even form a sentence, and then make a post like the one above with all the spelling and grammer errors. Before you start  trying to slam people about their intellegence level, you may want to make sure you are doing a better job yourself.

I also find it funny that you guys are so defensive because you know what was said is correct and you guys set kids out that attend your club regularly for a title. That is classy, and really shows support for your team. It shows that you are doing this for your own self satisfaction and nothing for the kids. I hope these same kids that you did this to return the favor in high school and show you the exact same dedication that you have shown them.

Here are the facts from the posts above.

4 kids not part of your school system or club as stated above. That is 22% of your team. That doesn't count the private club kids that you recruited for this specific meet. So we are looking at 30 to 40 percent of your team was not legit. I also like how you are all about the kids, but if not for this one meet, you would not have had anything to do with bettering these kids wrestling career that you brought in. In fact I was told that you didn't even coach these kids in the meets, and you had to let their private coach do the honors. You want to act like you are all about the kids, but tell the truth, what have you done for these kids before this (which was to benifit you and your ego. Not the kids.)

You also keep mentioning that we should just be thankful the ISWA put this on. I have never one time said that I wasn't appreciateive for everything they do for the kids. i am very greatful for them and everything they do. They ahve nothing to do with this post.This is just your way to try to change the subject and get past the fact that you left kids out of this event, so you could get the title you obviously never won yourself as a kid.

Matty I find it very humorus that you feel the need to send me private messages telling me how it is obvious that I can't even form a sentence, and then make a post like the one above with all the spelling and grammer errors. Before you start  trying to slam people about their intellegence level, you may want to make sure you are doing a better job yourself.

I also find it funny that you guys are so defensive because you know what was said is correct and you guys set kids out that attend your club regularly for a title. That is classy, and really shows support for your team. It shows that you are doing this for your own self satisfaction and nothing for the kids. I hope these same kids that you did this to return the favor in high school and show you the exact same dedication that you have shown them.

Here are the facts from the posts above.

4 kids not part of your school system or club as stated above. That is 22% of your team. That doesn't count the private club kids that you recruited for this specific meet. So we are looking at 30 to 40 percent of your team was not legit. I also like how you are all about the kids, but if not for this one meet, you would not have had anything to do with bettering these kids wrestling career that you brought in. In fact I was told that you didn't even coach these kids in the meets, and you had to let their private coach do the honors. You want to act like you are all about the kids, but tell the truth, what have you done for these kids before this (which was to benifit you and your ego. Not the kids.)

You also keep mentioning that we should just be thankful the ISWA put this on. I have never one time said that I wasn't appreciateive for everything they do for the kids. i am very greatful for them and everything they do. They ahve nothing to do with this post.This is just your way to try to change the subject and get past the fact that you left kids out of this event, so you could get the title you obviously never won yourself as a kid.

O-C-W first off, I didn't even have a dog in the fight I was simply saying if the ISWA made a mistake they will and should fix it, If not maybe another organization will. The IHSWCA might be the answer, they do the middle school duals,and it goes well and you don't even need a card to wrestle. Next move the date ahead a month when wrestling is going in schools, I'm willing to bet that half if not more schools dont even start their elementry wrestling till after Christmas break. Just think of the teams that might show up, instead of 9 teams could you amagine 20+. Then maybe we would have a true champion.

O-C-W you are right. I am a horrable person and a real loser. Maybe we should give the trophy to your club. I am sorry. It will never happen again. With this said, I give up. Have fun with this post. Again, I hope to meet you or have a conversation with you one day, since you know so much about me and my club. Sorry to all that had to read this topic.

Why has this topic and the trashing of a coach and club been allowed to continue when "OUT OF CONTROL" and a related topic was locked then eventually removed entirely from the site? If one is wrong then both is wrong. Lock or remove this one as well. We wrestled Avon at the Cathedral duals and saw them wrestle at Perry Duals and they are a very solid team. Not sure about loading their team but others at the state elementary duals have always gone outside of their school district because they have an open club. They are a very solid program as well and nothing has ever been mentioned about this team. If a wrestling club is an open club and a family pays their fees/dues how can we argue that they are wrong. Unless all clubs are to remained closed this will not change. There are many small schools that can not maintain a club on their own so it only makes sense to leave clubs open to sustain wrestling at small schools or individuals who want to improve themselves. The RTC's help promote this but are not the total answer. Just feel bad for the kids from the Avon team to see how they are being viewed. Looks as though they earned it on the mat either way.

So with all the talk on who was eligable to wrestle for which school in the elem. duals, what team had the biggest facelift :D

I had heard that Avon had a few ringers, and I see they won it. I was curious to see everyones opinion on if this was an issue or not. Below it was Avon questioning the rules on who was able to wrestle for their club quit a bit, so it didn't really suprise me when I heard that. Not to take anything away from Avon at all, just curious how this issue went? I won't go as far as to ask them for their Doctors information  ;D

What exactly do you mean by Dr.'s information?

WOW...This post has spiraled out of control......Congrats to Avon and ALL the teams that competed!!!  I run the club at Frankton and we have 50+ kids, but unfortunately we're 95% beginners. I hope to someday be able to compete in such a tournament!

What's sad about this post and argument is that we're forgeting that it's about our kids.....I hate to say it, but if Yorktown, Owen County, Columbus East, Perry Meridian, Northwood or any other team would have won this tournament, we'd be talking about the same thing!

If anyone has an issue with cheating or building a team outside the legal parameters set forth by Chris Lynch & ISWA, I'm sure your thoughts and arguments would gladly be excepted at an ISWA board meeting.........

Once again, GREAT job to every "KID" that competed at the Elementary Team State tournament!!!!

Ryan Quear

FYI, the next board meeting is tomorrow, Sunday @ 12:00 noon. I can help you with directions if you need. Otherwise there will be a Elementary Duals Team State Championships Committee meeting at Ben Davis High School during weigh-ins for Pee Wee-Novice & Girls State on Friday March 11th. As always we will gladly accept all the help and input we can get. We are all in this together and should truly "DO IT FOR THE KIDS"!!!!!!

Contact Chris Lynch if you inrerested in pariticipating in this committee at chris@proindustries.com

Congratulations Avon!!! Great coaches and great kids, your program has come a long way and you have a lot to be proud of. You deserve to hold your heads high and enjoy your championship.