Hoosier Hills Tournament

backagain

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Bruce...I just want to say, I have seen the work you have been putting in and I understand it takes alot of work to get a program up and going again.  Finding help, getting the middle school going, getting the elementary schools coaches and athletes, getting a solid foundation built into the high school, changing ideals and beliefs...etc, etc, etc.  It may take a few more years to even get those things solidified let alone see large jumps.  But here is what I do know, you are passionate about what your doing, people see that. Dont listen to anyone, take pride in small battles won, continue to preach long term success, get your kids to buy in to building a program.  Get help from other coaches, Struck came into a situation that wasnt "perfect" and look at what he has built...back in my day people said the same thing about Columbus East and a few other big schools, how they were so good in football, basketball, etc and couldnt fill a team.  Alot of those schools are now in great positions.  Its all cyclical, but the hardest part is getting started and being consistant.  You keep working on those things and the wins will follow.  I wish you good luck and success!!

Ty Olds

It is suprizing to me how some coaches can continue to be a**holes!

Coach Bruce

BNL Stars (and damn proud of it!)

Please accept my appology coach.  I did not intend for my comments to be offensive to you.  My intent was to have some fun before the upcoming tournament.  Good luck to you and your team.

The A**Hole

Now it's starting to get exciting.  Coaches calling each other names! ;D  Where's Donnie Baker?  We need his insites, wisdom, humor, and divive blessing. ???

It's not been this good since the days of jboy, drama queen, and cred going at it when Jeff and FC were battling it out for first!

BNL will get better if the school system lets Bruce get a feeder program going. They have been years behind on that way before him at no fault to the coaches. I don't think CEWrestlingfan meant it as a personal comment towards coach or the kids.

Donnie's working hard to get ready for his performance with the Pork Pistols and Tim Wilson at Belterra Jan 22nd. Donnie got a little upset when people told him he's not as funny as Wilson and that Wilson comes out with new material more often so he's trying to up his game. Then someone on here (cpikemilo) said the boat he's been trying to sell is a lemon so I doubt we see him.

We want Donnie "I swear to god it is" Baker back!!

I am sure there will be plenty of upsets...but a couple that I really want to see are

119 JC vs Ma  Robby may have "red" in his eyes after being up 6 to 8 points and getting pinned, I actually think Robby has the potential to win the whole thing as a #3 seed

135 Could be a really good final in a Reiker vs Gast rematch. (if they both make it) Stephen was up 2 and got a late takedown won by four.  Gast hurt his knee in the second period, did that hender him, can he beat Stephen??? could be interesting

215 #3 Pratt vs # 2 Young...again this has potential to be a really good rematch (if they both make it)

Excited to see the action!!!

I think Reiker may have a little more work than you are predicting. And as for Brierly I do not see any way he beats Wathen. From what I have been told Adams the kid  he wrestled at HHC team when his coach dodged Wathen was 189 second string and Brierly had his hands full. But anything can happen on the mat I guess wish I could be there Saturday

I think Reiker may have a little more work than you are predicting. And as for Brierly I do not see any way he beats Wathen. From what I have been told Adams the kid  he wrestled at HHC team when his coach dodged Wathen was 189 second string and Brierly had his hands full. But anything can happen on the mat I guess wish I could be there Saturday..........................................................................

I said Reiker will win. I hope he has to work for it thats why we wrestle right? If everybody won HHC by showing up I bet we would have our whole football ready to win a patch. And as far as the bumping to dodge Wathen what a smart move by the coach because I am pretty sure Columbus East won the duel. Brierly will be more then ready to go saturday trust me i can promise you that. I also wish that you could be there. 

Well I guess I hit a nerve, I just dont understand why you would forfit to wathen and give up 6 if as a coach your know your kid can beat him when your roster is deep enough to have a kid to go 189 against a second year wrestler.

Guys rooting for East...you have a good team and a great group of kids and coaches...it really is ok for folks to believe others have a chance to win...I am sorry if I offened anyone by spelling STEVENs name wrong (buldawg) lol and I dont even think I said in my post I thought he would lose. Just hoping for a good match. Columbus has all the momentum, since they won the last duel they are the team to beat, they seem to be the healthiest, many number one seeds, I feel its theirs to lose.  I am not sure how they wont win, ride the wave and enjoy being on top. Its the times when your number one to allow everyone else to do the talking, in my opinion. But I do love the die hard confidence you guys have for sure.  Just would hate for the fans to turn a good program into the "bad guys".  FC already has that moniker (just kidding FC guys). Its funny how we as fans get more cut throat and banter more than the kids.  Alot of these kids from different teams are acutally good friends...lol Keep it clean, keep it fun and lets make sure we understand when its all said and done, as adults, we need to be looking out for all the kids' best interests. 

Guys rooting for East...you have a good team and a great group of kids and coaches...it really is ok for folks to believe others have a chance to win...I am sorry if I offened anyone by spelling STEVENs name wrong (buldawg) lol and I dont even think I said in my post I thought he would lose. Just hoping for a good match. Columbus has all the momentum, since they won the last duel they are the team to beat, they seem to be the healthiest, many number one seeds, I feel its theirs to lose.  I am not sure how they wont win, ride the wave and enjoy being on top. Its the times when your number one to allow everyone else to do the talking, in my opinion. But I do love the die hard confidence you guys have for sure.  Just would hate for the fans to turn a good program into the "bad guys".  FC already has that moniker (just kidding FC guys). Its funny how we as fans get more cut throat and banter more than the kids.  Alot of these kids from different teams are acutally good friends...lol Keep it clean, keep it fun and lets make sure we understand when its all said and done, as adults, we need to be looking out for all the kids' best interests. 

kinda what i was thinking,but you were alot more "politically correct" than i woulve been,but you know how i get!!!!!!!

I never once thought what I said was being cocky or anything along those lines. I simply said Steven will win. Thats my pick to win it.  He is a senior he has put in four years of hard work. I think my pick is pretty legit. I wasn't trying to make anybody mad by saying I pick Steven to win. I am actually from across town over here at North I am thinking thats a bold statement for myself. LOL

3,290 (now 91) views in 2 weeks, that's insane. Is this some type of record for a post not labeled "Class Wrestling"?

Hope to see everybody in Madison tomorrow, here's the schedule:

9:00 - 10:15 - 1st rd, Championship, (4mats)

10:20 - 12:00 - 2nd rd, Semi's and consolations (4 mats)

12:00 - 12:30 - lunch

12:30 - 1:30 ? 3rd rd, consolation semi's (4mats)

1:35 - 2:45 - 4th rd, Consolation Finals (3 mats)

15 minute break to break down mats

3:00 Finals. (1 mat)

Triple B is no nonsense, he takes no crap, no chit chat, no joking around, no smartalic comments.  He doesnt let the banter go on for long, and if you think about any tom foolery, he nips it in the bud.  Sargent Triple B.....The Seeding Meeting Commander.....King of Bracketology....Tzar of Speedy Placement!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.