Dance celebration????

AJ

As a mishawaka fan, i will say this, after watching the replay on broadcastsport.net, what guerra did was worth a penalty point deduction. That being said, these are kids, kids make bad choices sometimes, heck adults make bad decisions sometimes. Fact is, what was done was wrong, but I am willing to bet that everyone of us has done something wrong at some point in time. But to bash a kid for this mistake on a message board is completely unacceptable. In the words of Christ,"He who has no sin may cast the first stone."

Seems like you are throwing a few stones yourself.....

actually smooth, if you want to get into a religious debate about what throwing stones mean by all means i have no issues doing that..... But to make it quick and simple, throwing stones is jugding a person or a program to be classless or a bunch is miscreants based off of a kid dancing on the mat. I however stated that this bashing has no place on the boards. I do not think the people who did so are bad, or evil, or miscreants or classless. I think maybe they have forgotten that these wrestlers are humans who make bad decisions, just as we all are, myself included.

In short, throwing stones is judging a person and persecuting them for it. I by no means did that in the post.

people come on..is this really affecting you all? it cannot be eating away at you inside this badly. i wasnt there but yeah doing a planned dance does seem out of line but its nothing to sanction a kid about.these type of things happen and will continue to happen for years to come.we might as well get used to it now so we are not shocked in the years to come. so in conclusion haha:.......dancing= out of line....a board topic thrashing a kid=also out of line

actually smooth, if you want to get into a religious debate about what throwing stones mean by all means i have no issues doing that..... But to make it quick and simple, throwing stones is jugding a person or a program to be classless or a bunch is miscreants based off of a kid dancing on the mat. I however stated that this bashing has no place on the boards. I do not think the people who did so are bad, or evil, or miscreants or classless. I think maybe they have forgotten that these wrestlers are humans who make bad decisions, just as we all are, myself included.

In short, throwing stones is judging a person and persecuting them for it. I by no means did that in the post.

I know what throwing stones means.  Basically you are doing the same thing to the people who have an opinion that is different than yours.  You believe it is wrong for anyone to say anything negative therefore my posts and my behavior is "unacceptable".  Isn't that the same thing I said about the dance celebration?  I said that behavior should be unacceptable and that I've noticed a pattern of this in the past.  Now, I don't have any problems with any Mishawaka wrestler, and I think they are one of the best overall teams I've ever seen.  I guess I just have a higher standard for what behavior is acceptable. 

Again..congrats to Mishawaka.  You guys were awesome.  Good luck to all the seniors next year in your future endeavors.

This is my last post on this topic.  I don't think it's a big enough deal to keep arguing and debating it. 

people come on..is this really affecting you all? it cannot be eating away at you inside this badly. i wasnt there but yeah doing a planned dance does seem out of line but its nothing to sanction a kid about.these type of things happen and will continue to happen for years to come.we might as well get used to it now so we are not shocked in the years to come. so in conclusion haha:.......dancing= out of line....a board topic thrashing a kid=also out of line

hahahaha.....................if its nothing to sanction a kid about then why did he get called for unsportmanslike conduct?

I am sorry, I do not have to get use to someone or anyone being disrespectful and showing poor sportsmanship.  You can get used to it, accept it, and lower your standards about actions and reactions, but I choose not to lower any of mine. The fact you say something like that is one of the reasons many see it as ok to act in a disrespectful manner.

not thrashing a kid.. thrashing the action. no where did I attack or say anything bad about the kid.  only the action

If you guys are angry about the sloppiness, its understandable. I mean he did miss a few steps; could've been better, I know.

the rhythm was a tad off as well. 

bottom line is...people are going to hate mish no matter what. i thought the dance was indeed uncalled for, however...i don't see anything wrong with joccin' on them haters. congrats mishawaka on another state championship, and yorktown for a great daul meet.

I've been going to the State Finals since the early 1980's and things haven't changed much with the booing. I can remember people booing: Delta; Evansville Mater Dei; Bellmont; Lawrence North; and now Mishawaka. Hell, everybody in Indiana boos Cathedral and they have yet to win a Team State Title ( 2nd twice I believe). The one thing these programs all had/have in common was/is....they WON...A LOT!!! It seems to me that everyone hates you when you're winning and loves you when you're losing. I don't think any of those programs would trade the success of their dominant years for a little more touchy feely, political correctness from the crowd. I have to think many of these teams thrive on the booing...it symbolizes success. They only boo you when your winning...keep on booing.