Up and coming programs...

lowsingle

Bloomington South was one that I debated whether to put in the first or second group.

Prairie Heights definately belongs in the small school power group.  Probably the most consistant small school in the state in terms of producing quality teams.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SB Riley was in a rebuilding year this year, they had some great freshman this year who contributed, and have 11 varsity wrestlers coming back.

I have been very impressed with Riley's program the past 5 years or so.  Unfortunately they often get overshadowed by Mishawaka and might be overshadowed by Penn next year.

Karl broke it down perfectly.. i couldn't agree more.. and although i read were someone wanted bloomington south up one group.. i would have to say unfortunatly (not a BS fan at all.. haha) that they will be up there soon.. they are a force to be reckoned with for sure.. they just haven't been on that level for as long as some of the teams listed in the top (that i know of)..... so soon.. they will be considered "elite" by karls breakdown..

Doesn't Bloomington have more team and individual titles than any other school in the state? I would say they have been "elite" for quite some time.

Doesn't Bloomington have more team and individual titles than any other school in the state? I would say they have been "elite" for quite some time.

Bloomington High School was the premire wrestling team during Indiana's wrestling infancy.  They later split into North and South which have continued to produce decent wrestlers with some winning or placing in state.  Recently, Bloomington South in the Decker Era has had a few waves of really good teams come through the room.

i would say feeder programs are pretty important. Castle has Paradise wrestling with the assistant coaches and wrestlers helping out and running things along with helping out in the middle school programs.

Almost every wrestler coming theough the room has been participating in it in some way. The Welchs have been wrestling since they were very little an now they are #2 and #3 in their weight classes going for the title.

I was talking whit a friend from da Mishawaka area saturday. He told me Penn has 300 kids in a age group program and 80 + at the high school. Also da principle and Ad was at merryville. Sounds like dare will be a new sherriff in town in Mishawaka here in a couple of years.

penn has a kids program that is second to none......huge numbers, great coaches and community/parent support......penn will dominate everyone in the next few years....also look for elkhart memorial to rebound quickly....they will lose 8 seniors this year that were all varsity and lost 3 seniors during the season that were varsity.....a number of freshmen and sophmores got varsity experience this year.....and the jv team  was very dominating versus the others in the area......

SB Riley was in a rebuilding year this year, they had some great freshman this year who contributed, and have 11 varsity wrestlers coming back.

sb riley was re-building but there 11 returning arent that great how many are th the big dance i dont see  them competing with penn or miskawalk next year.  at best as a team next year third none better.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.