Doug Welch 145

catfish

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe YOU did support MD at state all those years but let's be honest. Do you really think all of southern IN did? People are 2 faced and I'm sure there was tons of people that would say they support but deep down hated MD and would love nothing more than to watch them lose. Maybe I just have too much pride and yes maybe sometimes that is a bad thing because I'm so used to winning. It just takes some getting used to. Granted the punches are uncalled for but the worst comes out in the heat of the moment.  But it's still uncalled for. Everyone hates you when your on top and now that you guys are on top look where the fingers are being pointed at. That's how it goes. And you guys had to lose with class because md would flat out out wrestle and handle teams without question. I'm not here to bash castle they are the better team I originally posted on this board about sims welch matches and how frustrating they are to watch.  

Outsider view/ West sider view-  No more predictions like this one you made last week.

112: Welch/Wedding good run but not good enough. Neither can advance to state.

145: Sims finally gets win over Welch.

I like ur picks!!

Where are you Matchick?  Please teach outsider/westsider the ways of MD past.  No excuses, just winning.  Most respected program in the state.  This new generation.

oooooh you went and dug a post that I was agreeing on that SOMEBODY else posted. Congratulations. Everyone has predictions that's why their called PREDICTIONS it's what people THINK will happen.

I'm not ruining anything. I don't let one person change how I feel about a program example castle mom spitting in a high school girls face. Doesn't really change my perspective on castle just that mom. Castles always been good and competitive and now it's their turn to shine I understand that. Hey maybe even reitz will get their turn they are right there also. I posted on here about sims welch matches. End of story

I'm not ruining anything. I don't let one person change how I feel about a program example castle mom spitting in a high school girls face. Doesn't really change my perspective on castle just that mom. Castles always been good and competitive and now it's their turn to shine I understand that. Hey maybe even reitz will get their turn they are right there also. I posted on here about sims welch matches. End of story

Nice plug

Your point would be better received if your "facts" were facts....

I will bet you dollars to doughnuts no one spit on that little angel.   

haha I do find your reply humorous. Just saying it comes up on every welch topic. Does get old. Like we didn't see it the first time?

I may have been afraid the person who is tasked with reading the messages to you wasn't around for you to enjoy the first one.  I mean after all it IS ALL ABOUT YOU AFTER ALL...

Get over yourself....

talk to the little girl then she's an honest kid and I don't see why she would make up something like that.

Your answer is in your statement...She is a little girl -  DRAMA...

I know the mom in question...There is NO WAY she did it...Sorry...No Way...No How...No Chance

I may have been afraid the person who is tasked with reading the messages to you wasn't around for you to enjoy the first one.   I mean after all it IS ALL ABOUT YOU AFTER ALL...

Get over yourself....

I'm sure EVERYBODY has seen your infamous "and he reminds me of someone else I just can't seem to point out who" quote. Jee idk could you possibly be talking about his TWIN brother? Who would have guessed! I'm sure we get the point no need to go posting it on anything that has the word welch on it

Your answer is in your statement...She is a little girl -  DRAMA...

I know the mom in question...There is NO WAY she did it...Sorry...No Way...No How...No Chance

considering she had spit on her arm still left over when she went to the officer doesn't serve anything. oh but me guess she's going to go out of her way to spit on her arm JUST to get that ONE mom in trouble. Ok. 

considering she had spit on her arm still left over when she went to the officer doesn't serve anything. oh but me guess she's going to go out of her way to spit on her arm JUST to get that ONE mom in trouble. Ok. 

Reminds me of the Seinfield episode of the third spitter... hilarious

I'm sure EVERYBODY has seen your infamous "and he reminds me of someone else I just can't seem to point out who" quote. Jee idk could you possibly be talking about his TWIN brother? Who would have guessed! I'm sure we get the point no need to go posting it on anything that has the word welch on it

And I have to ask once again...WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK?

You know he does say it and it's funny and even I have seen it multiple times. It's old but he can post what he wants.

But you aren't repeating yourself and i am tired of reading what's coming out of

your mouth.

If you feel that he brings up spmething that's has been said then why did you bring up te spitting incident. It's been talked about

so stop being so hypocritical and take your outsiders view somewhere else

You know he does say it and it's funny and even I have seen it multiple times. It's old but he can post what he wants.

But you aren't repeating yourself and i am tired of reading what's coming out of

your mouth.

If you feel that he brings up spmething that's has been said then why did you bring up te spitting incident. It's been talked about

so stop being so hypocritical and take your outsiders view somewhere else

1. exactly, he can post what he wants and I can post what I feel is needed. This is America if you have not checked.

2. Its not what is coming out my mouth its what is coming out of my thoughts to my fingers since they do the typing for this messageboard.

3. I was using that for an example to catfish who seems like a good guy to show that I don't let one person change my thoughts on a program.

4. A wise man once told me were all hypocrites at some point in our life even if we don't realize it.

5. Md85 i wish for the

no you dont wish for everyone to get along because this thread is about doug and how well he has done and that we hope he does well and you come in saying stuff about him stalling and putting down castle wrestling. Its a positive forum and you bring up irrelevant stuff like team reigonals

If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all

If you would read previous post please I agreed with what one guy said then added how it seems to really come out in sims matches. But I did say not taking anything away from him because HE STILL FINDS WAYS TO WIN. thats what wrestling is all about. here is exactly what I said

( as good as Doug is I'm going to have to agree with you. Especially when he wrestles Sims. Those are the most frustrating matches I've ever seen. But winning is winning and since he is undefeated I can't take anything away from him. He does what he has to do. Good luck at state.) Im not trying to flat out argue just hoping to find someone that would like to talk about their matches possibly. Now its grown into a flat out war

Whenever someone is doing well, someone will always find that "one thing" about them to rag on.  I think Doug Welch is a very good wrestler.  At Semi-State, when he was wrestling Sims, at times he was stalling and there were some missed calls.  Was he stalling the whole time?  No.  Did he stall at some point?  Yes.  BUT...some might say that's not stalling, that's just good old defensive wrestling.  What I was so surprised about is that I did feel Doug was stalling against Sims but he was never called for it, not even warned.  Then Chad comes up and is wrestling very aggressively, and late in the 3rd, he's warned for stalling (which I did not see at all).  I also thought Trevor Moody was stalling, in fact, I thought he stalled (rode) his way to a loss...again, he wasn't even cautioned.  Stalling can be so subjective, so it all depends on what the ref thinks at that moment. 

Does any of this mean that Doug Welch is not a good wrestler? NO.  Does it mean he didn't deserve those wins? NO.  He did what he had to do to get the win.  I think we've all seen wrestlers change their styles depending upon their opponent.  As much as Sims and Welch have met up over the past few years, I would think they'd both have a good feel for their opponents style and know how to adjust their own styles to try to counter.  That being said, I'm rooting for both Jon & Doug this week-end - I want to see top notch wrestling out of both of them!  Good luck boys!

Whenever someone is doing well, someone will always find that "one thing" about them to rag on.  I think Doug Welch is a very good wrestler.  At Semi-State, when he was wrestling Sims, at times he was stalling and there were some missed calls.  Was he stalling the whole time?  No.  Did he stall at some point?  Yes.  BUT...some might say that's not stalling, that's just good old defensive wrestling.  What I was so surprised about is that I did feel Doug was stalling against Sims but he was never called for it, not even warned.  Then Chad comes up and is wrestling very aggressively, and late in the 3rd, he's warned for stalling (which I did not see at all).  I also thought Trevor Moody was stalling, in fact, I thought he stalled (rode) his way to a loss...again, he wasn't even cautioned.  Stalling can be so subjective, so it all depends on what the ref thinks at that moment. 

Does any of this mean that Doug Welch is not a good wrestler? NO.  Does it mean he didn't deserve those wins? NO.  He did what he had to do to get the win.  I think we've all seen wrestlers change their styles depending upon their opponent.  As much as Sims and Welch have met up over the past few years, I would think they'd both have a good feel for their opponents style and know how to adjust their own styles to try to counter.  That being said, I'm rooting for both Jon & Doug this week-end - I want to see top notch wrestling out of both of them!  Good luck boys!

very well said. thank you for suming it all up

I guess to get my final say in.  MD is a class program that should lose with class as they won with class.  Go back to last year or this year when Castle lost to MD and see if there were any negative comments.  When you get beat you don't blame it on the guys on the rail like last year, you don't start talking about a rumor of spitting, and you don't blame 6 losses in a row on 6 different refs that did not call stalling.  How can you keep wanting a stalling call to bail you out of six losses.  There have been 6 refs in a row not give you the call.  In wrestling you have to earn your points.  The great thing about wrestling, is there are no excuses.  Of all programs to use these smear tactics and diversions, MD would have been the last to tarnish this sport where you step up and admit you lost.  No talking about fans to change the subject from wrestling, no acting like you are injured to gain an advantage, and no blaming officials.  I am sure you two are about the only one's from MD that use these tactics.  Too many great past champions to have this run deep.  Please stay positive, you will be back on top soon.  Very talented and young team at MD.  Just show respect for when you lose and you will get respect when you win.

Old coach once said:

Excuses are for losers

I guess to get my final say in.  MD is a class program that should lose with class as they won with class.  Go back to last year or this year when Castle lost to MD and see if there were any negative comments.  When you get beat you don't blame it on the guys on the rail like last year, you don't start talking about a rumor of spitting, and you don't blame 6 losses in a row on 6 different refs that did not call stalling.  How can you keep wanting a stalling call to bail you out of six losses.  There have been 6 refs in a row not give you the call.  In wrestling you have to earn your points.  The great thing about wrestling, is there are no excuses.  Of all programs to use these smear tactics and diversions, MD would have been the last to tarnish this sport where you step up and admit you lost.  No talking about fans to change the subject from wrestling, no acting like you are injured to gain an advantage, and no blaming officials.  I am sure you two are about the only one's from MD that use these tactics.  Too many great past champions to have this run deep.  Please stay positive, you will be back on top soon.  Very talented and young team at MD.  Just show respect for when you lose and you will get respect when you win.

Old coach once said:

Excuses are for losers

I guess I am completely unsure what this post is supposed to mean.  I posted earlier that during one match I thought Doug was stalling.  I have seen him wrestle Jon several times this year, yet I pointed only to one match.  I also used Chad as an example of how the ref warned for stalling, yet all I was seeing was aggressive wrestling. I was simply trying to show how we see calls one way, the ref sees a call the other, and never the two shall meet.  I also wanted to point out that it is TYPICAL to see a wrestler change his style to better counter an opponent's style...nothing more, nothing less (I was actually defending Doug here). I have never blamed any of MD's losses on stalling by another team, so I'm not sure who you're speaking to Catfish.  I have never been anything but positive about the other Southern Indiana teams and have posted MANY times about how excited I am to see teams like Reitz and Castle stepping up to the plate and helping to get So.IN wrestling the respect it deserves (and has deserved for a long time). 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.