Mt. Vernon(Posey) State Qualifiers

mtvwrestlingdad

Huge Congratulations to the Boyz from the Southland

John Hoehn - 125

Andrew Konrath - 135

Blake Marshall - 152

Most State qualifiers since 1992-1993 season when we sent John Grace(5th), Brady Gottman(SQ), and Andy Schnieder(1st)

Congrats all the way from Montreal, Quebec

Thanks to IndianaMat for letting me be "somewhat"  in the action at Roberts Stadium

JR

John was the qualifier.  Lost to Eric Douglas of Valpo 7-3 on Friday night.  Douglas went on to finish 2nd to Cameron Smith that year.  Brady finished 5th, losing 5-4 Sat. morning to Tim Myers from Bellmont.  Myers won the first of his two state championships later that night.  We came out of the Seymour regional back then.  In our semistate at 145 were Cameron Smith of Ben Davis (2X state champ but lost in the SS championship that year), James Holloway from Southport (finished 3rd at state but beat Smith at SS), and Rob Deters from Castle (finished 3rd at both SS and state).  John had the bad luck to be 4th best at our semistate and, in my opinion, 5th best at state.  Another one of those bad draws people are always complaining about.  When John found out he'd drawn the winner of the Merrillville SS (who we knew would probably be Douglas), he said, "I guess I'll just have to go out and beat him, won't I."  That was John's attitude about everything.  He, Brady, and Andy were excellent wrestlers and are still excellent people.  I thoroughly enjoyed the time I got to spend with them. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.