Sarah Hildebrandt on WNDU

Y2CJ41

Not compared to basketball,boys and girls,high school and Notre Dame.The only reason they cover it at all is because of the large following the Mishawaka team of 2008 generated.Now that they've seen the standing room only crowds at the Mish.-Penn or Al Smith matches,they're giving it a little more attention.

Good story.  Not to change gears but I'd actually like to hear more about the teammate she replaced Mikey Witous.  Sounds like he has his own unique story about the sport that didn't get much press.

they did a long feature on mikey last month. looks like the video isn't on the site anymore.

here's the link to the story though. http://www.wndu.com/sports/headlines/82216182.html

this was kind of a follow up to the original story on witous.

Actually, the thing I find most amazing is that it was WNDU (Channel 16) filming a story. This is almost as amazing as Sarah's story, itself.

Normally, WNDU doesn't acknowledge that high school sports even exist. The "dean of sportscasters," Mr. Jeff Jeffers himself, once stated that if it isn't Notre Dame, nobody cares.

Normally, I would expect FOX28 to be all over this story. FOX28 is far superior in its coverage of high school sports. And even WSBT (Channel 22) does a fine job with preps, compared to WNDU.

So, it's true that wonders never cease. And I agree with Y2CJ41 that you should probably send WNDU an e-mail. First, thank them for realizing that some sports actually take place outside of Notre Dame stadium. And then thank them for recognizing Sarah.

thanks everyone for all of the support! it really means a lot to me. WNDU did a great job and i thank them for all the coverage they have done with high school wrestling this year! thanks again.

Thanks for the excitement this year!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.