The Castle Regional

BlueBolt

Ok Folks...

Whose Gonna Rock The Brackets This Year?  This thing is ALWAYS a grinder

One Question though:  How are we supposed to have a Regional Tourney without a Weinzapfel on the mat for Mater Dei?

Predictions

103 Hall (HA) shouldnt have much trouble

112 Dunkel (GS) does he have a shot at Kuhn in the semis?

119 Griesemer (PR)? I think it will come down to Quinton (ME) and Griesemer (PR)

125 is kind of weak Henderson (MD) should win this without much trouble

130 is weak also Begle (HH) or Schroeder (MD)

135 Rueger (RE) is tough not much trouble

140 What about this Graper (GS) will he give Whetstine (ME) a match? Otherwise my pick is Whetstine (ME)

145 Welch (CA) hands down. Sims (MD) will probably not even make it to the finals

152 Welch (CA) no problems Marshall looked terrible at sectionals

160 another weak weight class...Smith (PR) vs Brandenstein (MD) Smith might take this one

171 Stein (PR) vs Weiss (HH) Stein is my pick

189 Rosebrock (CA) vs Price (NP) Rosebrock will win this one

215 Froehlich (TC) vs Adams (ME)/ Daugherty (CA)          either way Froehlich (TC) has been looking good

285 Daugherty will kick Hammelmans butt if he can make it that far

There are a lot of weak weight classes over all. The Castle Regional use to be stacked with a lot of studs. It seems there are only a few this year.

103 1 stud

112 there are a few (RE), (CA), (ME)

119,125,130 (WEAK)

135 (RE)

140 ha ha chamberlin has one move (FRONT HEADLOCK) (ME) and (CA)

145 (CA) what has happend to SIMS??? he was decent last year

152 (CA)

160 (WEAK)

171 STEIN (PR) decent but what happend against WEISS (HH)

189 Rosebrock is a stud but Price is looking weak

215 (TC) but who has he beaten (ME) is hit and miss, and (CA) is alright I guess

285 boring but Daugherty is pretty good

what has happend to the evansville area wrestling...besides a couple of welchs', weddings', kuhn, seems like we have fallen off the state map. Don't get me wrong, we do have some good kids, but overall; Castle regional and Evansville Semi-state use to be the toughest of tough... thoughts and comments please....

Predictions

119 Griesemer (PR)? I think it will come down to Quinton (ME) and Griesemer (PR)

140 What about this Graper (GS) will he give Whetstine (ME) a match? Otherwise my pick is Whetstine (ME)

145 Welch (CA) hands down. Sims (MD) will probably not even make it to the finals

160 another weak weight class...Smith (PR) vs Brandenstein (MD) Smith might take this one

215 Froehlich (TC) vs Adams (ME)/ Daugherty (CA)          either way Froehlich (TC) has been looking good

There are a lot of weak weight classes over all. The Castle Regional use to be stacked with a lot of studs. It seems there are only a few this year.

103 1 stud

119,125,130 (WEAK)

135 (RE)

152 (CA)

160 (WEAK)

215 (TC) but who has he beaten (ME) is hit and miss, and (CA) is alright I guess

what has happend to the evansville area wrestling...besides a couple of welchs', weddings', kuhn, seems like we have fallen off the state map. Don't get me wrong, we do have some good kids, but overall; Castle regional and Evansville Semi-state use to be the toughest of tough... thoughts and comments please....

What Kool aid have you been drinking?

103 Hall easy?! This one has been and will be close again

112 Kuhn is a STATE MEDALIST. He may pin Dunkel. Dunkel has a tough match in Goebel and then a tall task vs Welch or Wedding.

119 Does the name Moody (SQ) ring a bell? Moody vs Griz will be a great match

125 is weak?! This weight class is so stacked a former SS qualifier may not get out

130 The Central Sectional could sweep this

145 Simms not in the Finals? Wow

171 Stein, Weiss and decent do no go in the same sentence. This is and will be a hellacious battle every week. These are two of the top wrestlers in the Regional. Both will be state medalists.

285 Wasn't CA vs RE 1-0? Not an easy weight class to win. The top 3 here are solid.

Predictions

215 Froehlich (TC) vs Adams (ME)/ Daugherty (CA)          either way Froehlich (TC) has been looking good

103 1 stud

119,125,130 (WEAK)

135 (RE)

152 (CA)

160 (WEAK)

I think you underestimate the quality of wrestling at this regional. The one that stood out for me is at 160. You say it is a weak weight but you list two possible winners  but did not list Corey Weikel from  Castle who went to state last year at this weight.

Predictions

. . .

Sounds like a bunch of crap to get people talking.  It worked.

I am going to top quote this one because it's just not worth scrolling to the bottom to post to...

You sir, have obviously never set foot on a wrestling mat.   

There is NO easy match at the regional level.  NONE...NOT ONE...EVER

Each of these kids has a real chance to win this...no one is immune or a lock.  It's that simple.

You bring the top 8 kids in - and they have EARNED that right, and the best one on that given day wins.  That's the beauty of our sport.  It's simple in its complexity. 

Predictions

103 1 stud

119,125,130 (WEAK)

135 (RE)

152 (CA)

160 (WEAK)

Bluebolt,

Totally Agree. I was referring to the PR vs NO match up in my previous post. Upon further review, I remembered Backes was a SSQ too. SO 4 SSQs meeting first roud....WOW!!!!

Chambers,

You dont have to be modest. 152 is loaded as well!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.