changes @ sectionals?

coops99

Maybe I am missing something here but why would there need to be changes  or redraws in the bracketson Saturday?       If that is the case then why even do then ahead of time

If a seeded wrestler gets hurt or sick or for whatever reason will not be there on Saturday his school can replace him in the bracket if they have another wrestler for that weight. If this happens the replaced seeded wrestler goes in at the 6th seed on the bracket regardless of what seed the original wrestler had. For example a #1 seeded wrestler breaks his leg today at practice. His team has a JV wrestler to put in his place at sectional. The replacement does not get the #1 seed. The replacement goes in at the #6 seeds place and #'s 2-6 all move up one place. If the wrestler that is being replaced is the #3 seed for example the #1 and #2 seeds stay the same and #'s 4-6 all move up one place and the replacement goes in at #6. If the wrestler being replaced was not seeded then his replacement just goes in at that same place on the bracket. If a seeded wrestler can not wrestle at the sectional and his team does not have a replacement wrestler then he is replaced with a forfeit. The forfeit does not go in the #6 seeds place as a live wrestler would. The last unseeded wrestler drawn into the bracket would move to the #6 seed and the forfeit would go to where ever the last unseeded wrestler came from.

I should have also included that if you are seeded or placed on the bracket at the sectional seeding meeting on Monday night you can not change weightclasses. What ever weight you are when the meeting ends is the only weight you can wrestle at sectional if your name appears on the bracket. You can not move to another weightclass.

Can you replace a FF with a wrestler?  Say a kid was injured and was originally suppose to miss the entire tournament series.  He has no backup so the coach puts a FF in that weight class.  During sectional week the wrestler goes to the doctor for a check up and the doctor is impressed with progress and actually releases him for Saturday's competition.  Could the coach then replace his FF with the wrestler?

Can you replace a FF with a wrestler?  Say a kid was injured and was originally suppose to miss the entire tournament series.  He has no backup so the coach puts a FF in that weight class.  During sectional week the wrestler goes to the doctor for a check up and the doctor is impressed with progress and actually releases him for Saturday's competition.  Could the coach then replace his FF with the wrestler?

NO. I don't have time to look up the rule right now but I am sure that every individual tournament I have been to that a FF stays a FF.

Can you replace a FearlessFly with a wrestler?  Say a kid was injured and was originally suppose to miss the entire tournament series.  He has no backup so the coach puts a FearlessFly in that weight class.  During sectional week the wrestler goes to the doctor for a check up and the doctor is impressed with progress and actually releases him for Saturday's competition.  Could the coach then replace his FearlessFly with the wrestler?

NO. I don't have time to look up the rule right now but I am sure that every individual tournament I have been to that a FearlessFly stays a FearlessFly.

I edited both of your replies so as to avoid confusion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.