Wright and Kieffer

Slappy White

Could someone explain to me how the #1 and #2 ranked kids in the state at 125, are a #2 and #3 seed in their sectional. Does that make sense to anyone?  If so, please explain.

the way i understand it is that the shelbyville kid was runner up in sectionals at 130 last year so he gets the 1seed, i guess if runner up or champ of same weight the previous year gets the one over any wrestler despite records.

From what I've read thus far on it.  (Can't verify any of this)

No head to head matches between them

No common opponents between them

Shelbyville kids was previous champion or runner-up at same weight

Thus the next criteria Win% does not come into play.

So..if I have this right...you would probably be better off coming out of the DC sectional at a 3 seed than a 2.  Both Kiefer and Wright will still be in the same side of the bracket at Regionals? Wonder if there will be any laying down or inj. defaulting?

From what I've read thus far on it.  (Can't verify any of this)

You have it correct MattM. Williams was runner up at 125 last year.

From what I've read thus far on it.  (Can't verify any of this)

IMHO...this is flawed.  Why would you take all common sense out of the equation?  Was there really one coach at that seeding meeting that thought Wright should be#2 or Kieffer should be #3?  We're talking about kids that have never not placed at the state finals versus a kid that's never been to the state finals.  Wright has never not been in the final match!!  Seems a little silly to me to have no flexibility with the seeding criteria.

IMHO...this is flawed.  Why would you take all common sense out of the equation?  Was there really one coach at that seeding meeting that thought Wright should be#2 or Kieffer should be #3?  We're talking about kids that have never not placed at the state finals versus a kid that's never been to the state finals.  Wright has never not been in the final match!!  Seems a little silly to me to have no flexibility with the seeding criteria.

I agree completely, but I think with the way the criteria is stated, the seeding was done correctly.....I completely disagree with it and this it should have been Wright, Kieffer, and Williams, but thats not how it happened.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.