Disney Duals question...

Coach Wilk

My high school is interested in going to Orlando this summer for the Duals. If anyone out there could give me a ballpark estimate on cost, I would greatly appreciate it.

PM took around 34 wrestlers 6-7 managers large  number of coaches last year and trip cost was close to $22,000.  We went early and stayed with a Florida team.  Includes food transportation accommodations, gear. 

Biggest CONCERN for this year is start of MORITORIUM week is monday following tournament on Sunday.

I believe that IHSAA will not let our Coaches ride home on the bus back from DISNEY.     

It does not need to cost $ 22,ooo. Most programs will only take one team. About $600 per each wrestler. I suggest you talk to the Italian Mom(Screen Name). You could IM her from this site. She helped us get started. Make it happen !! You will not regret it.

It does not need to cost $ 22,ooo. Most programs will only take one team. About $600 per each wrestler. I suggest you talk to the Italian Mom(Screen Name). You could IM her from this site. She helped us get started. Make it happen !! You will not regret it.

We brought 2 teams and several singles.   

I have been the fundraising coordinator for three years for our team. We take 17 wrestlers (14 class and 3 alternate (who by the way have always got a lot of matches)).

We stayed off Disney at a Time-Share style condo with full kitchen( a must to keep cost down). The rooms sleep 8 and we have 3 rooms for the team and coaches (1 coach in each room).

We raise $500 per Wrestler or $8500 and this has been dead on. We rent 15 passenger vans (2). We also stay an extra day and go to a Water Park.

Great Time had by all!

Good Luck

Biggest CONCERN for this year is start of MORITORIUM week is monday following tournament on Sunday.

You do realize the tournament goes from Thursday, 6/24 to Tuesday, 6/29  this year?  That's two days of tournament that are included in the moritorium.

You do realize the tournament goes from Thursday, 6/24 to Tuesday, 6/29  this year?  That's two days of tournament that are included in the moritorium.

The tournament for High School teams ends on Sunday.  The club or elite teams run through Tuesday.

• 1 month later...

The tournament for High School teams ends on Sunday.   The club or elite teams run through Tuesday.

So, are you saying that coaches won't have any contct with the wrestlers on the way home?  I have actually heard Bobby Cox say that no contact means no contact.

When are the Disney Duals?

Disney Duals is June 24  - June 28th.  June 24th is weigh-in day. Competition for Community teams starts June 25 and end June 28th.  We are booking flights home for our high school coaches

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.