Souther Scuffle Brackets

The Hoosiers came through BIG today at the Scuffle. Angel AND,this is getting to be a habit, Nat Everhart 1st place. Kirt Kinzer, by a whisker, takes 2ND. 4Th tie breaker. The other two middle weights, Perry and Young, take home some brass with great 4th place finishes.  Two other upper weights brought home respectable 7th place finishes, Cameron and Powless. These last two guys bring a breath of fresh air to the IU upper weights, that has been lacking and in  dispare the last few seasons.

About Matt C. ,

Only he knows whats going on. I hope it is just the fact that he is really cutting. And that maybe by the end of the season his metabolism will let him get back to the AA wrestler we know he can be.

impressive showing by Indiana, am I wrong or has Everhart came out of nowhere to a top guy?

Sad to see Coughlin lose  I have a good feeling Indiana might have a good shot at 3 or 4 AA's

If Indiana keeps wrestling like this, they could be a Top 5 team come Big Tens

Smooth, I agree that the Hoosiers have made huge strides to climb out of the cellar dweller club with their in-state rival in tow.

I think the dwellers this year will be Michigan, Northwestern, and Michigan State and...... hopefully  Illinois.

This was MUCH earlier this season but this was the first big ten dual in the league....

Purdue 33 - Northwestern 7

285 - Adam Walls (PU) def. Ben Kuhar (NU), Fall 4:57 (6-0)

125 - Matt Fields (PU) def. Bobby Joyce (NU), D 2-0 (9-0)

133 - Akif Eren (PU) def. Eric Metzler (NU), D 5-4 (12-0)

141 - Juan Archuleta won by forfeit (18-0)

149 - Andrew Nadhir (NU) def. Nick Bertucci (PU), D 8-4 (18-3)

157 - #11 Colton Salazar (PU) def. Kevin Bialka (NU), Fall 4:40 (24-3)

165 - Robert Kellogg (NU) def. Jason Martin (PU), MD 10-1 (24-7)

174 - #11 Luke Manuel (PU) def. Frank Battalgia (NU), D 10-3 (27-7)

184 - Nick Corpe (PU) def. Marcus Shrewsbury (NU), D 5-3 (30-7)

197 - #14 Logan Brown (PU) def. John Schoen (NU), D 6-0 (33-7)

Smooth, I agree that the Hoosiers have made huge strides to climb out of the cellar dweller club with their in-state rival in tow.

I think the dwellers this year will be Michigan, Northwestern, and Michigan State and...... hopefully  Illinois.

Agreed.  I think if IU wrestles this way in the Big Tens, they can finish ahead of Michigan, MSU, Northwestern, Illinois, and Purdue.