Harrison 10-way

spiralride1

So UC could use their 103? Wow. Watch out, that means another Ervin!

The IHSAA rules do not say he can't wrestle in the tournament. That does not mean that Evansville Harrison will allow him to wrestle. The schools insurance may not cover a 8th grader wrestling against high school wrestlers. Harrison can bar 8th graders from their tournament if they want to. I don't know if Harrison High School has made a ruling on this or if someone just assumed that he could not wrestle in Indiana because Indiana 8th graders can not wrestle on Indiana High School teams.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Harrison has looked a little bit better.

I predict :

Reitz 9-0

Trinity 8-1

Memorial 7-2

Union COunty 6-3

Southridge 5-4

Heritage Hills 4-5

Tell City 3-6

South Spencer 2-7

Harrison 1-8

Forest Park 0-9

Heritage Hills will beat Southridge.

I haven't researched the teams YET - but here are a few of the match-ups that get my attention.  Hopefully, Trinity will bring their full team.

103:  Hall (H) vs. Vanhook ®

112:  Fahy (TR) vs. Kuhn ® - looking forward to seeing Wedding (M) and Mastison (H) also

119:  Bradbury (TR) vs. Moody ®

130:  Wolf (H) vs. Dowdy ®

135:  Ervin (UC)  vs. Rueger ®

140:  Thomas (UC) vs. Whetstine (M)

152:  Coloveccia (M) vs. Boyle ®

171:  Hitchings (TR) vs. Weiss (HH)

189:  Sandwidth (M) vs. Fentress ®

Great observation as usual Jon. Just checked on the dates for the "Beast of the East Tourney" It is scheduled for next weekend. I'm guessing Trinity will have their studs there. Does anyone have the rounds yet. I was thinking in the past they held those until Friday after school. Maybe someone could secure some secret info. ;D hint hint nutsdad

I haven't researched the teams YET - but here are a few of the match-ups that get my attention.  Hopefully, Trinity will bring their full team.

103:  Hall (H) vs. Vanhook ®

112:  Fahy (TR) vs. Kuhn ® - looking forward to seeing Wedding (M) and Mastison (H) also

119:  Bradbury (TR) vs. Moody ®

130:  Wolf (H) vs. Dowdy ®

135:  Ervin (UC)  vs. Rueger ®

140:  Thomas (UC) vs. Whetstine (M)

152:  Coloveccia (M) vs. Boyle ®

171:  Hitchings (TR) vs. Weiss (HH)

189:  Sandwidth (M) vs. Fentress ®

Great observation as usual Jon. Just checked on the dates for the "Beast of the East Tourney" It is scheduled for next weekend. I'm guessing Trinity will have their studs there. Does anyone have the rounds yet. I was thinking in the past they held those until Friday after school. Maybe someone could secure some secret info. ;D hint hint nutsdad

Sorry I am not allowed to give that info just yet!!!! But I will asap!!

There are plenty of leaks over there on the East side... I know one schools round-by-round schedule! hahah ;D

And if I'm not mistaken, most of those match-ups that nutsdad posted will take place Friday night... You won't wanna wait until Saturday this year!

My picks

Reitz

Trinity if they bring their studs

Memorial

Heritage hills

Union county

Soutridge

Harrison

Tell city

South spencer

Forest park

Weight class champions anyone?

I'll take a guess:

103: Van Hook ®

112:Kuhn ®

119:Moody ®

125: ???

130: Dowdy®

135: Ervin (UC)

140: Thomas (UC)

145: ???

152: Boyle ®

160: ???

171: Weiss (HH)

189: Sandwith (M)

215: Froehlich (TC)

285: who knows with Borko gone and no good heavys down here anymore

those are just who I think will win. Also with 285 you never know with the football players getting into shape and weight!!

Yes there are leaks. 

You will not want to miss Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not understand why it is such a secret????

I like vogel at 145.  He is tough

112 119 are tough for trinity

Wimpleberg is tough for Reitz.  He shoulds start to hit his stride this weekend.

There are plenty of leaks over there on the East side... I know one schools round-by-round schedule! hahah ;D

And if I'm not mistaken, most of those match-ups that nutsdad posted will take place Friday night... You won't wanna wait until Saturday this year!

I did not post any match ups!!!

Harrison 10way loses some excitement by not having fahy,brabury and hitchens.

Tough matchup at 103 Friday night. 

Trinity will probably not place 2nd with out these guys.

What weight is ervin?

On a side note (while checking out the Kentucky rankings) I noticed a 7th grader ranked 2nd at 119 behind Bradbury from Trinity.  The kid (Mark Hall) wrestles for Ryle.  He moved from Michigan this year which seems to have created some controversy.......this has nothing to do with the 10-way but I thought it was interesting.  This kid is a stud.   The following is an article about him from last year.  The controversy is the liklihood of him moving back to Michigan when he reaches high school (Michigan doesn't allow middle school wrestlers to compete in HS)

Mark Hall (Davison/CMS)

110lbs - 6th Grade

After winning the Fab 50 last year, the reigning Michigan Grappler Youth Wrestler of the Year

finshed 2nd in this year's Fab 50, however, just like last year he won every Fab 50 Tournament

that he competed in.  Hall is widely considered one of the top youth grapplers in the country as he

wins virtually every tournament that he enters.  His national accolades this year include wins at

the Border Wars Nationals, Tulsa Kickoff, Winter Nationals, Viper Pit, Liberty Nationals, and Ohio

Tournament of Champions.  In addition to his MMWA, MYWAY, and MUSAW Freestlye/Greco state

titles, Hall also competed on an array of Dual teams, and actually went undefeated at the Jersey

Shore Duals wrestling in the High School Division.  This is his third straight All-Future Team and

odds are he will be making his 4th and 5th in the next two years before entering high school.

Steve Ford is so lazy when it comes to covering wrestling. Maybe Im a perfectionist, but he could've done so much bettter.  

I asked Steve Ford about the lack of wrestling coverage last year. In the past he had done a much better job of covering wrestling and I told him that I thought that he had done a good job in the past but the last few years had not been as good. He told me that he had been promoted at the paper and was not assigned to high school wrestling any longer. He did say that he would pass on my comments to the editor and see what he could do. Steve has done some wrestling stories since then so maybe if you contact the paper and encourage them to do more wrestling stories that may help. Because there was not decent coverage from the other guys I think Steve throws us a wrestling story from time to time even though it should not be his job since his promotion.

All the area wrestling coaches should get together and take Steve Ford on a Deep Sea fishing trip - all expenses paid - I will donate!  We would likely have the best coverage in the state.

Better yet, we need to figure out a way to get Lance Wilkerson (news 25) interested in Wrestling.  His coverage of high school football is crazy good.  Give us about 5% of the coverage given to FB and we would all be happy.

Below is a list of returning semi-state qualifiers and alternates wrestling in the 10-way, the weight is their weight from LAST YEAR.  An * next to their name indicates a state qualifier - An A next to their name indicates a semi-state alternate.  This list is for the Indiana teams only.  If I missed someone let me know - I pulled the info from the IHSAA site.

Reitz:

103 Brian Kuhn  *

112 Trevor Moody *

125 Blake Rueger *

145 Tyler Boyle

215 Zach Wimpleberg

Memorial:

103 Ben Johnson

145 Matthew Prasek A

152 Jackson Colavecchia A

215 Ryan Sandwidth A

Tell City:

119 AJ Flynn

215 Dylan Froehlich

South Spencer:

130 Zeke Harmon

Southridge:

119 Luke Mundy A

140 Jason Steckler

145 Corey Ingram

152 Drew Songer

215 Kyle Schneider

Forest Park:

171 Craig Voges

Harrison:

103 Dylan Hall *

Heritage Hills:

135 Zach Harpenau A

152 Jeff Weiss *

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.