HOW IMPORTANT IS A FEEDER PROGRAM?

fbi

I agree 100% but you must have the right guys in place.  I come from a small school and actually we have a fantastic middle school coach and our numbers and results show.  He has only been with our middle school program for 2 years and we have seen a drastic change.  ;)

I agree 100% but you must have the right guys in place.  I come from a small school and actually we have a fantastic middle school coach and our numbers and results show.  He has only been with our middle school program for 2 years and we have seen a drastic change.  ;)

Take a look at your top 20 teams.  Most if not all have strong middle school teams.  Look even closer and you will see they have an elementary program in place as well.

Out here in Pendleton, we snatch 'em from their cribs.  I hear they do the same in Yorktown!  :)

Seriously, though... we had close to 90 elementary age kids sign up for our youth program this year!  Boy is our room ever crowded!

Tomorrow night, we are hosting Yorktown, Ham SE, and Elwood kids clubs for a friendship tourney.    It sure is fun watching these kids grow up, and then make their mark in wrestling once they get into high school!

Agreed! 

Now what does your club do once season is over if you lose many of your kids to little league baseball/high school baseball, track, golf, etc...

Do you just get those kids in the room when possible? 

If you are left with only a few kids do you keep your club running?  Do you merge with another club?

set your program up so that when soccer baseball kick in (spring break usually is when you start losing lil kids) then you pick up your middle school ,hi school kids for freestyle. we start our youth in Nov. til folkstyle state we run 2 groups beginners and advanced then those who keep coming we merge for freestyle and add the older kids.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.