Caston 10 way. Any discussion

JimF

I like the look of this field.  Fountain Central wrestled at the Zionsville Eagle Invite over the weekend (should be called the Zionsville Meatgrinder).  Placed 7th of 8, but against some very very solid competition (Evansville Reitz, Carmel, Center Grove, Mooresville... you get the idea) and had some solid individual performances.  In my opinion, this tournament along with the Ben Davis Super 16 will give us a good indication of how good the Mustangs are and how they can expect to fare in the C-ville sectional.

This was always my favorite tourney... I remember when Concord, East Noble, and Culver Community were all there.  A two day gut-check.

As far as this year goes for FC, I would say watch for sophomore Eli Moore at 130 and his brother Scott (all-state DB) at 189.  Engle at 125 and Shoaf at 171 look to be solid so far as well.  I don't know a whole lot about the rest of the team as I haven't been able to get in the room yet this year due to military obligations.  But all in all, it looks like they've gotten into wrestling shape quite nicely so far (they were playing football in the Oil Can just a couple weeks ago).

Any other thoughts?

BTW, if you can't tell, I'm a Mustang grad myself.

The results from Caston ar as follows:Caston went 4-5 at the Caston 10-team tournament Dec. 19th.

Caston lost 18-57 against Fountain Central

Lost 36-40 against North White

Won 46-24 against North Judson

Lost 18-64 against Calumet

Won 39-33 against Frontier

Lost 28-54 against West Central

Won  43-42 against Northwestern

Lost  36-46 against Pioneer

Individual weight class record;

103  Kyle Harvey 9-0  with 5 pins  Weight Class Winner

112  Cole Nilson 6-3  with 1 pin

130  Wil Holloway 7-2 with 5 pins

135  Graham Redweik 7-2 with 4 pins

140  Andy Wert 3-6 with 2 pins

145  David McMenamin 9-0 with 7 pins  Weight Class Winner

152  Jeremy Gonzalez 6-3 with 5 pins

160  Austin Ault  5-4 with 3 pins

189  Myles Hardel 2-7 with 1 pin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.