New Pal

PITBULL

I think 140 was the toughest weight class here. Corman from New Pal went 4-1, Kesterman from Triton Central went 4-1, and Mason Gessell from Union County went 4-1. Corman beat Kesterman 3-0, Gessell pinned Corman, and Kesterman beat Gessell 4-3....Tough wrestling all day done by these three

I think 140 was the toughest weight class here. Corman from New Pal went 4-1, Kesterman from Triton Central went 4-1, and Mason Gessell from Union County went 4-1. Corman beat Kesterman 3-0, Gessell pinned Corman, and Kesterman beat Gessell 4-3....Tough wrestling all day done by these three

140 was solid. I wish Noblesville Specht would have been able to wrestle, that would have shaken things up a bit more. Genus very solid but will be out til confrence. I thought Corman showed very little class as a wrestler. Same with Phelps, very dirty to the point where it should have been called a couple of times. 

140 was solid. I wish Noblesville Specht would have been able to wrestle, that would have shaken things up a bit more. Genus very solid but will be out til confrence. I thought Corman showed very little class as a wrestler. Same with Phelps, very dirty to the point where it should have been called a couple of times. 

How did Reidling do at145?

Josh Ferrell (103) of Greenfield Central had forfeits in the first four rounds and dominated the Noblesville kid in the final round. New Palestine, Mt. Vernon, and Triton Central all had 103 pounders but chose not to wrestle them against Ferrell.  Ferrell is now 18-0 on the season.  Ian Early at 189 got stuck by Duckworth and won four matches easily.  Dakota Gruell at 171 did not wrestle due to illness. Logan Wendell at 125 and Zach Heald at 145 both went 5-0 for Greenfield Central.

Not sure what Corman or Phelps did, I watched every match and never saw a lack of sportsmanship from either wrestler.  These two kids are probably two of the nicest kids you would ever meet off the matt.  Phelps wasn't on the matt long enough to show bad sportsmanship, he went 5-0 with four pins in the first period.  The only match that wasn't a pin was against the Noblesville kid who just bellied up the entire match.

Not sure what Corman or Phelps did, I watched every match and never saw a lack of sportsmanship from either wrestler.   These two kids are probably two of the nicest kids you would ever meet off the matt.   Phelps wasn't on the matt long enough to show bad sportsmanship, he went 5-0 with four pins in the first period.   The only match that wasn't a pin was against the Noblesville kid who just bellied up the entire match.

perhaps it was the fact that he couldn't pin Bond that upset him. Obviously Phelps as the dominate wrestler but knees and elbows in the back of the head every chance you get is a little much no matter who you are cheering for. It is one the to be aggressive but there is a fine line you cross before being unsportsmanlike and he crossed it. I'm not mad it happens, it was just an observation. 

I believe that the LICENSED officials are there to determine if someone is crossing the "fine" line, and don't remember seeing them make any calls or even a warning to these two wrestlers, so how could someone get on here and call them "dirty" wrestlers?  Besides, this is wrestling. If you don't like knees and elbows then try out for Winter Guard.

I believe that the LICENSED officials are there to determine if someone is crossing the "fine" line, and don't remember seeing them make any calls or even a warning to these two wrestlers, so how could someone get on here and call them "dirty" wrestlers?  Besides, this is wrestling. If you don't like knees and elbows then try out for Winter Guard.

it's really funny how worked up some people can get. Really it's no big deal you right I'm sure "licensed" officials would never miss a call Ha. Anyway I'm just saying if someone is obviosly a better stronger wrestler bouncing your knee in the back of someones head is  not needed. Take it for what it's worth. Winter Gaurd rules!!  ;D

If a wrestler doesn't like getting elbows and knees in the back of the head, then I would suggest he get a little more movement......and if he really doesn't like it, then all he needs to do is lay on his back and it will stop.  ;D

Josh Ferrell (103) of Greenfield Central had forfeits in the first four rounds and dominated the Noblesville kid in the final round. New Palestine, Mt. Vernon, and Triton Central all had 103 pounders but chose not to wrestle them against Ferrell.  Ferrell is now 18-0 on the season.  Ian Early at 189 got stuck by Duckworth and won four matches easily.  Dakota Gruell at 171 did not wrestle due to illness. Logan Wendell at 125 and Zach Heald at 145 both went 5-0 for Greenfield Central.

I can't speak for the other schools, but Triton Central had every intention of wrestling at 103. We did not find out until Ferrell walked on the mat that our 103 hurt is back the match before and couldn't wrestle. Heald looked pretty solid....I can't believe the jump he has made in weight since he was a freshman!

Josh Ferrell (103) of Greenfield Central had forfeits in the first four rounds and dominated the Noblesville kid in the final round. New Palestine, Mt. Vernon, and Triton Central all had 103 pounders but chose not to wrestle them against Ferrell.   Ferrell is now 18-0 on the season.  Ian Early at 189 got stuck by Duckworth and won four matches easily.  Dakota Gruell at 171 did not wrestle due to illness. Logan Wendell at 125 and Zach Heald at 145 both went 5-0 for Greenfield Central.

Great start to the freshman season for Josh, he is a great kid and a very good wrestler best of luck the rest of the season. And great job to the rest of the Greenfield wrestlers looks like they have some pretty good talent in the room.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.