152-CA

160-CA

171- MD

189- CA if Rosy doesnt do something stupid

215-  Dont know how Daughtery will do, havent seen him wrestle in a while

289- CA

6 matches MD

6 for CA

2 toss ups.... should be a good weekend match up but if Little Welch pulls it out and Daughtery is still as strong as he was as a sophomore, then it could swing towards Castle.

But everyone has to wrestle tough off the bus so i could be totally wrong come saturday

This looks resonable

103- MD

112- Toss up

119- MD

125- CA

130- MD

135-MD

140- MD

145- CA

152-CA

160-CA

171- MD

189- CA if Rosy doesnt do something stupid

215-  Dont know how Daughtery will do, havent seen him wrestle in a while

289- CA

6 matches MD

6 for CA

2 toss ups.... should be a good weekend match up but if Little Welch pulls it out and Daughtery is still as strong as he was as a sophomore, then it could swing towards Castle.

But everyone has to wrestle tough off the bus so i could be totally wrong come saturday

Picking Welch over Simms?  Bold prediction.  Not saying you are wrong, just saying a bold pick.

Picking Welch over Simms?   Bold prediction.  Not saying you are wrong, just saying a bold pick.

Bold?  I seem to recall teh only person in this half of the state to beat Simms (more than once BTW) IS Welch...

Just an observation of course.

Picking Welch over Simms?   Bold prediction.  Not saying you are wrong, just saying a bold pick.

I'm not meaning any disrespect towards Simms. Both of them

went back and forth and I know that welch is hungry and I think he will get first blood this time. We will see how it comes out in january

Bold?   I seem to recall teh only person in this half of the state to beat Simms (more than once BTW) IS Welch...

I only recalled Welch winning once, but my recollect ain't what it used to be. ;)

i got a couple updates from Jasper... Looks like its pretty close dual. All three Welchs won (yes he beat sims) with 160, 171 and 215 going to MD and 189 and HWT going to CA. THey were at 125 and the score was like 22-18 MD

Bold?   I seem to recall teh only person in this half of the state to beat Simms (more than once BTW) IS Welch...

Welch did a fine job today, he will no doubt see the lights at st. finals.

He will have to earn it with the following ranked wrestlers in this semi-state:   

3) John Sims 11 Evansville Mater Dei 4th at 140 in '09

7) Chad Welch 11 Castle SQ at 140 in '09 SQ at 135 in '08 

9) Quincy Richey 10 Brown County 8th at 130 in '09 

12) Joey Juliano 11 Mooresville   

14) Sean Mappes 10 Center Grove   

16) Marcus Waddell 12 Columbus North

I will try to get this right, doing this from memory.

Started at 145.  Tech Welch.

152 Welch by 3 in the 3rd ot.

160 Brandenstein by 1 in the 3rd ot.

171 Boots by fall.

189 Castle by pin.

215 MD I think.

285 Castle controled this match.

103 MD by pin.

112 Castle was dominating this match, but Goebel came back strong at the end to make it only a 3 point decision.

119 I believe MD eked out a win.

125 Henderson won for MD.

130 Don't remember how this one finished.

135 Weinzapfel by tech or pin, can't remember.

140 Can't remember.

Over all MD wrestled pretty well for early in the season, but will have to improve alot to have a chance against Castle or Bloomington South if they meet again.  Jeffersonville was tough, as expected.  If their conditioning improves they will be a force later in the year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.