MD vs Castle.

md85

Thanks Josh, Yes 125 is True and he is absolutly in great shape, He should be a Beast at this weight, I'm very proud of him. Zach has Goals and continues to work very hard to meet them. He is an outstanding young Man, and leader. MD Will be just fine I have alot of faith and see alot most don't get to. There is alot of speculation about this team, the only thing I can tell you, is I would not want to face them at any point this season? Let the cards fall wherever they may, but the nay sayers will be able to look back to this post and say He told us so. Point made lets get ready and wrestle. Mater Dei will rise to the top again. Best of luck to all the Wrestlers this season, I hope everyone goes injury free and we have great matches, also Congrats to the Evansville Reitz Panthers (Football Team) on the State Championship you guys were awesome, all year, job well done.    

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not knowing much about either team this early in the season, I will guess at some of the match out comes.  103 Advantage MD.  112  and 119 Castle.  125-140 Advantage MD.  145 Castle.  152 MD.  160 heard Weikel was at 171 so I will give the advantage to MD at 160 and Castle 171.  189 advantage Castle.  215 and 285 will go to whomever screws up the least.  That makes MD 7 matches Castle 5 and 2 as push matches.  I see this coming down to bonus points, he who has them will win.  Both teams better be wary of Bloomington South.  They returned a lot of semi-state qualifers and could beat both if they are not prepared.  Now I just need someone to argue with me about my picks.  Please ::).

Not knowing much about either team this early in the season, I will guess at some of the match out comes.  103 Advantage MD.  112  and 119 Castle.  125-140 Advantage MD.  145 Castle.  152 MD.  160 heard Weikel was at 171 so I will give the advantage to MD at 160 and Castle 171.  189 advantage Castle.  215 and 285 will go to whomever screws up the least.  That makes MD 7 matches Castle 5 and 2 as push matches.  I see this coming down to bonus points, he who has them will win.  Both teams better be wary of Bloomington South.  They returned a lot of semi-state qualifers and could beat both if they are not prepared.  Now I just need someone to argue with me about my picks.  Please ::).

Bloomington South has a decent line up from what I have read.  I think everyone knows how emotional and crazy the hype is over the MD/Castle Match up.

Both teams will have to bring it.  The emotional swing is on the side of MD.  Revenge is a strong motivator.  But I have to give the focus factor to Castle at the moment. 

Castle is the stronger team up top.  Down low both seem to have some questions, and in the middle the epic battles of the last couple of years continue.  So all I can say is WOW! 

FYI Bloomington South has 9 on the team that went to Semi-state last year..

103, 119, 135, 140, 145, 152, 160, 189 and 215 (last years weights)

and four that went to state...

103, 140, 160, 189

You guys just concentrate on each other and look on past us. See ya Saturday!

i think jeff will give some teams good matches this weekend. i do not think that they are on the same level as mater dei or castle but they will compete. bloomington south is great too.  it might come down to match ups between these four.

FYI Bloomington South has 9 on the team that went to Semi-state last year..

103, 119, 135, 140, 145, 152, 160, 189 and 215 (last years weights)

and four that went to state...

103, 140, 160, 189

You guys just concentrate on each other and look on past us. See ya Saturday!

Oh don't feel left out...You are being watched too  LOL

No team in this event is one to be over looked!

Weikel was at 160 this past weekend.  Castle's has a new 171 (can't remember his name) that looked quite good.  Here are my picks

103 MD

112 CA

119 toss-up (unfamiliar with both wrestlers)

125 toss-up (Brown vs. Henderson...both should go to State)

130 MD

135 MD

140 CA (simply because he went undefeated this weekend and I'm unfamiliar with MD's wrestler)

145 CA

152 toss-up (Sims and Welch resume where they left off last year, another classic)

160 CA

171 MD (Castle looked solid, but Boots gave Mann all he got last year)

189 CA

215 toss-up

275 toss-up (Daughtery looks much more comfortable than last year, but is still undersized)

So that leaves MD 4; CA 5; and 5 toss-ups.  Good luck to both teams...hopefully, we get another nail-biter

What are some thoughts on MD/Castle vs Bloomington South

B-South's Line up:

103- Pike (SO) #11

112- Boomsma (JR) #8

119- Vandivier (FR)

125- Seitzinger (FR)

130- Boyd (JR)

135- Barlow (SR) #3

140- Fidler (FR) triple crown last year

145- Horrock (JR)

152- Reschke (JR)

160- Terrell (SR) #6

171- Todd (JR)

189- Eads (SR) #7

215- Valentin (SR)

HWT- Dixon (SO)

My thoughts?

A Couple of good duals between B.S. and Castle and B.S. and Mater Dei

What are some thoughts on MD/Castle vs Bloomington South

B-South's Line up:

103- Pike (SO) #11

112- Boomsma (JR) #8

119- Vandivier (FR)

125- Seitzinger (FR)

130- Boyd (JR)

135- Barlow (SR) #3

140- Fidler (FR) triple crown last year

145- Horrock (JR)

152- Reschke (JR)

160- Terrell (SR) #6

171- Todd (JR)

189- Eads (SR) #7

215- Valentin (SR)

HWT- Dixon (SO)

Has everyone forgot bout jeff?

Will they compete with these three? Castle, MD, and Bloominton South will be the best we're guessing.  ??? Sorry. What does Jeff's  lineup look like? I guess we are believing that it will be a three horse race with possibly two horses being close and the other a little further back. Maybe Jeff will come to race.  ;)

The echos that i hear all the way up in B-town is that the Welch brothers bulked up big time. From what i hear little Welch got bigger too. It would be nice to see a whole Castle roster see who is going where. It sounds like they are stronger at the heavier weights but seeing some of the light and middle guys develop into great wrestlers in the past, im pretty sure it will be a slugfest against mater dei and Btown South. However, while this is entertaining, ill be waiting for the February match

Castle Lineup from this weekend:

103 Meiring 9

112 welch 9

119 doud 10

125 brown 11

130 mann 11

135 witte 9

140 doud 12

145 welch 11

152 welch 11

160 weikel 12

171 warren 10

189 rosebrock 12

215 daugherty 12

285 daugherty 12

it looks like the juniors and seniors on the castle squad are strong. Ive wrestled with them and they are all strong. The juniors and sophomores were all good in junior high. Its nice to see these guys sticking with the system

After viewing both lineups I want to revise my picks.

103 I'll pick MD

112 Goes to Castle.

119 I'm thinking MD here.

125 Henderson vs. Brown, great matchup, too close to call.

130 I'll go with MD here.

135 MD, chance for bonus points here.

140 MD.

145 Should be Castle.

152 I'll take Simms in a close one, as usual between these two.

160 Should be Castle with a 3 point victory, but the way Dalton wrestles, could be 6 either way.

171 Should be MD with a 3 point win, unless Boots gets mad, then a pin.

189 Castle.

My original predictions for 215 and 285 hold, he who screws up least wins the match.

7 matches for MD, 4 for Castle, 3 undecided.  Bonus points will be critical for the team score.

Has everyone forgot bout jeff?

No one has forgotten about Jeff.  As I remember from last year they gave everybody all they wanted and then some.  I seem to recall they had a lot of physical talent, but were a little lacking in technique.  This is not meant as an insult, just stating what I thought.

Will they compete with these three? Castle, MD, and Bloominton South will be the best we're guessing.  ??? Sorry. What does Jeff's  lineup look like? I guess we are believing that it will be a three horse race with possibly two horses being close and the other a little further back. Maybe Jeff will come to race.  ;)

[/quote

Jeff has basically the same team as last year.  8 guys are returning and the guys that filled the holes are pretty good except 2 weight classes. I think Jeff can compete with the best.  Jeff dominated the Hoosier Hill duals. Jeff had 6 guys go 7-0 at the duals and 4 or 5 guys go 6-1.  ]

BlueBolt, give us your pick for this matchup.

I pick them as a split down the middle.

Honestly I can't call this one.  I think the advantage goes to Castle in the upper classes. 

The Middle is an even split.  And the lower are just going to be a crazy mess.

Picking this one is just not gonna be as easy as one may think.

Ill give it a shot

103 MD

112 MD tough one

119 MD

125 MD

130 MD

135 MD

140 MD

145 CA

152 MD

160 CA

171 MD

189 CA

215 CA

hwt CA

I think CA is tough but I believe they do not match well with MD.

Ill give it a shot

103 MD

112 MD tough one

119 MD

125 MD

130 MD

135 MD

140 MD

145 CA

152 MD

160 CA

171 MD

189 CA

215 CA

hwt CA

I think CA is tough but I believe they do not match well with MD.

I hope your right, but I think Castle is a little stronger than that in the lower weights.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.