Hoosier Hills Conference

Antares1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have individual or match scores handy but results from Friday HHC Duals at Columbus East

JC 2-0

CE 1-1

Seymour 1-1

Bedford 0-2

JC over Seymour

Columbus East over Bedford

Seymour over Bedford

JV over Columbus East  (I believe 1 point difference that came down to the wire)

I've got nothing on the Floyd Central location results. Sorry

Should be some good team and individual matchups again tomorrow at Jeff.

okay the individual vs team match up thing has gotten old. results speak for themselves, which shows that there are ups and downs in the season and year to year. one is early in the season. one is late in the season. the teams have been pretty even the last few years and at the end last year jeff was the best. everything goes in cycles from one year to the next and during the season. it is good to see everyone in the hhc improving and there is some good wrestling out there!

results from floyd

jeff looked pretty strong with some work to do

fc and na are both very young and will be interesting to see how they develop over the season

madison has some holes to fill with a few weight classes

i could see jc, jeff, ce having some good battles tomorrow for 1st

wondered what everyones thoughts are. i felt the competition was down a little compared to last year. seems that some teams are much more evenly matched than we thought. ce and jc werent as solid as i figured they would be but they will prob get much better as the season goes on. na and fc are young and will improve as well. if madison can field a full lineup they will be good. seymour and bedford are both struggling still. lots of freshman and sophs out there.

i think jeff will have the best season if they can get better in a couple of weight classes they can go far this year. they seem to have the most experience and skill top to botoom. jc, floyd, na, and ce will all be interesting to see come tournament time. a lot of those kids just need a few matches under there belts and theyll be competing at a higher level. all those teams have a good bunch of coaches so we might have a great individual tournament come january. it might be a fight for second but it is a five team fight in my opinion.

Jeff Results on day 2 of HHC duals

Jeff 78 - Seymour 3

Jeff 57 - New Albany 12

Jeff 70 - Bedord NL 6

Jeff 40 - Jennings 19

Jeff 60 - Columbus East 9

Records at duals for Jeffersonville:

103 - Shepherd 7-0

112 - Smith 7-0

119 - Miller 7-0

125 - Castro 5-2

130 - Simpson 6-1

135 - Weekley 7-0 (hard fought win over Martin of New Albany)

140 - Harbin 4-3

145 - Dryden 3-4

152 - Tatgenhorst 7-0

160 - Marlin 6-1

171 - Browner 7-0

189 - Bowen 6-1

215 - Pratt 6-1

285 - Curtley 3-2

- Bach  0-2

Jeff 7-0 at duals. Jeff had a very strong showing.

I realize that Jeffersonville made a very strong showing! Is no one going to post the rest of the HHC results? Isn't that the home team's responsibility? I would love to hear how the rest of the teams did.

Columbus East results are on the results page.

i think i agree with cpike. it is nice that jeff and east both post there results here for us. it is fun to see how the kids progress during the year and who wins against who but it seems only when teams are winning do they do this. it seems that alot of people on here gripe about the lack of respect wrestling gets from the papers and that no one cares about it but most teams dont post anything on here about the individual results or even the team results. ive not once seen jc, fc, na or bnl post anything about there results this year. i guess we'll watch wrestling continue to slowly fade away since most of the programs do not even attempt to help themselves. we parents and fans want to see it here because they get it no where else!

I was coaching in JV-land most of the day so I wasn't able to catch much of the varsity matchups.  I don't have individual or team scores but can help with some team records and how they looked overall this weekend.  I can tell you between shifts in weight and some injuries that none of these teams have their lineups finalized.  We will see some adjustments in all the lineups by the time the HHC individual championships comes around.

Very impressive showing even from some lesser known wrestlers.

Jeff 7-0

Edging out the the next set of teams in the HHC but Jeff is on a level above them

JC 6-1

Very even between the these three with match ups making the difference.  They have a mix of competative youth and talented known wrestlers.

These teams are not too far away from JC teamwise either.

NA 4-3(not 100% sure)

FC  4-3 (not 100% sure)

CE 4-3

Several tough kids in the lineup but the FF are hurting them in some matchups

Mad 2-6 (not 100% sure)

Have some scrappers that will get win for them.  However, the teams overall youth and inexperiance is still evident at times against other HHC teams at this point.

Sey 1-6

BNL 0-7

I wasn't able to attend the duels but heard there was some very good wrestling going on.  Alot of young hard chargers throughout the conference.  Watched Jennings County and Brown County the other night and was very impressed with J.C.,  several freshmen on the Varsity roster that night and man were they agressive.  I agree with some of the posts come time for the actual conference I think things will be very tight toward the top. 

Columbus East 119 and Jeff 119 just finished a match with the Jeff kid winning 5-4. Columbus coaches started screaming at the ref that he should have called a stalling call and given the East kid a point.  After a 5minute discussion the East kid was awarded a point. Overtime period started with the East kid down, he escaped and then the jeff kid took him down and rode it out. The next period the Jeff kid was down and jumped before the whistle and the ref said match over win Columbus. The jeff kid evidently had jumped before the whistle on other occassions. I left and went home only later to find out that the decision was over turned and Jeff was given the victory.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.