Indiana University Wrestle Offs October 27

The day is gettting closer for Indiana University's Intra Squad meet.  We would like to see the support from the wrestling community and have a great turn out this year.  There will be exciting matches to watch, so make sure you are able to attend.  We are looking to have a great year with four seniors leading the team.  The information for the wrestle off is below.  I will update, with match-ups and more information as soon as I can.

What:  Indiana University Intra Squad Meet

Date:  Tuesday, October 27

When:  Starts at 7p.m.

Where:  Bloomington North High School....(Main Gym)

p.s.  Admission is free...please spread the word

Thank you

The following match-ups for the Indiana University Intra Squad meet will be as follows:

125:  Angel Escobedo (Sr.) vs. Justin Brooks (Fr.)

133:  Matt Ortega (So.) vs. Geno Capezio (Fr.)

141:  Daniel Monaco (Fr.) vs. Nick Viterisi (Fr.)

149:  Alex Warren (Jr.) vs. Anthony Fretwell (Fr.)

157:  Matt Coughlin (Sr.) vs. Kurt Kinser (Jr.)

165:  Paul Young (Jr.) vs. Ryan LeBlanc (Fr.)

174:  Trevor Perry (Sr.) vs. Bryce Grimes (Fr.)

184:  No Match

197:  Matt Powless (So.) vs. Tanner Kriss (Fr.)

HWT:  Nate Everhart (Sr.) vs. Justin Kuhn (Sr.)

Exhibition:  Ryan Konz (Fr.) vs. Ross Powell (Fr.)

Come out and support your Hoosier Wrestling team......Hope to see you there.

I think the picture on the front of the IU wrestling page tell some of the story.

http://iuhoosiers.cstv.com/sports/m-wrestl/ind-m-wrestl-body.html

A good article on the meet too.

I'm guessing they would like Matt to try and get down to 149 if Kinser is solidifying himself at 157.  Though Warren has made good strides recently and I wouldn't mind seeing how he would fair against some of the competition this year.

From the sound of the match Freshman Ryan LeBlanc could really help push Young at 165 this year.

Hey thanks Matt for the link. 

Also congrats to IU on the latest Recruit... 10-26-09 Indiana No. 35 Ryan Nieman Bullock Creek MI 141/149 Verbal

I believe IU  just picked up a big time NJ recruit a few days ago too.

Thanks for the info Cadet.  I've been wondering about Kinser/Coughlin all night.

In your opinion do you think Matt will be able to cut to 149?

Any other results would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think Matt can make 149. I hope for his saftey and health he doesn't either. When he went down that year he looked awful.

Comments/score-by-score of the Kinser/Coughlin match?

Here ya go Spiralride1....

157 LBS. r-Junior Kurt Kinser vs. r-Senior Matt Coughlin

The marquee contest of the night, matching-up a pair of two-time NCAA Qualifiers, began with a stalemate in the 0-0 opening period. The outcome remained very uncertain heading into the third period as Kinser held just a 1-0 advantage. He finally pulled away in the third period, however, snagging a couple of takedowns en route to a 7-1 triumph.

I was not able to attend, but I heard that it was close at the begining  as mentioned.  Then when Kinser found some scoring oppertunities later that lead to Matt opening up more and takeing some more chances, which ended up leading to Kinser scoring some more as the match got near the end.  From his point of view it was a closer contest than the 7-1 score showed, but Kinser seemed to have the over all edge that night.

That would sure make it easier to get both of them in the line up.  I don't have the inside info but I can say Kinser has got a little more solid over the last year.  I'm not sure what he weighed in at for the meet but  from the looks of him lately I can't see him dropping a lot of weight.  Maybe someone with a few more connections to IUs program can clue us in on what they are projecting for the end of the season.