Andy Schneider, Mount Vernon in 1993 and 1994

Before that:

Dick Pritchard, North Central (Indianapolis) in 1967 and 1968

Frank McGrone, Indianapolis Wood in 1959 and 1960

Don Herschel, Decatur Central in 1950 and 1951

Dick Eggers, Hammond Clark in 1942 and 1943

Robert Haak, Hammond in 1934 and 1935

CoachM,

Of the listed HWTs Frank McGrone Of Indianapolis Wood was the toughest.

Not so much on techniques, but a true brawn wrestler.

You could run for a long time but when you tied up you were toast.

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

Y2,

Yes. I am working on it right now. It will include more text and as many pictures as available.

It will include the Grandfather/Grandson combo from Garrett.

My  problem  being if I try to  publish the book as is (+1000 pages it  is not a single volume publication).

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

I'll admit to being extremely partial, but I think Andy Schneider was the toughest heavyweight there.  In a two-year span when heavyweight had several tough WRESTLERS (Hummel, Hedges, Pierce, Primozic, and others), Andy stood above the rest.  His quickness and balance allowed him to wrestle like a middle weight while also being one of the strongest individuals I've ever known.  He is also one of the nicest people you could ever meet.  But step into that circle, and you better be counting all of your limbs when you leave.

I would assume you aren't talking about wrestling. I do believe that a gal by the name of Alex Banafich from The Culver Academies won that many, if not more, for cross country and track & field.

If we're going with any sport, then I've got one better than you, Andy.

Emily Ayers of Carmel won 14 individual and 4 team state titles in swimming ('92-'96)(*girls swimming was a fall sport in '92 and a winter sport in '96)

I would assume you aren't talking about wrestling. I do believe that a gal by the name of Alex Banafich from The Culver Academies won that many, if not more, for cross country and track & field.

Thats what I was guessing!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.