What rule ....

AJ

would you like to see implamented in high school wrestling?

Please explain the rule and the guidelines for making the call.

One or two warnings than a point for each time you go out of bound while on your feet.  Basically a modification the step-out freestyle rule.  Though I think that should be the same rule for freestyle as well.  You get the benifit of the doubt of you get caught on the wrong end of a crazy scramble, but then you get pointed if it becomes a constant issues.

Not so much an implementation, but a modification of the stall call.  Here are a couple ideas I've got.  

1) Eliminate the stall warning, and go straight to penalty points.

2) Instead of rewarding penalty points, put the wrestlers in a "leg clinch" type of position, or give the non-staller the option of which position to be in (top, bottom, or neutral).

There are way to many shades of gray with stalling calls, to implement those rules. You potentially could have ref deciding a match. That's why they went to push out in freestyle, to take the match out of the ref's hands.

I deffinitely think that the line should be addressed. Either open it up like college or completely shut it down like freestyle/greco.

There are way to many shades of gray with stalling calls, to implement those rules. You potentially could have ref deciding a match. That's why they went to push out in freestyle, to take the match out of the ref's hands.

I deffinitely think that the line should be addressed. Either open it up like college or completely shut it down like freestyle/greco.

#1 maybe, but I think #2 puts the matches in the wrestlers hands more.  It would be the equivalent of free throws in basketball.  Sure, the ref calls the fouls, but the players still need to hit the free throws in order to capitalize on the fouls.  Same thing with my stall rule #2.  You can get the ref to call stalling on your opponent, but you'll still need to capitalize on the call in a "leg clinch."

But I do agree that stalling needs to be addressed, and I actually do like the pushout rule in freestyle.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.