New Rules Changes; We are not FILA!

http://themat.com/section.php?section_id=3&page=showarticle&ArticleID=20281

There doesn't appear to be much done except clarifications, further adding sportsmanship penalties to the tiebreaker criteria in duals, and also aligning some existing issues.  I love the economy thus far of the 2009-10 changes and the lack of drastic procedural changes.  More time for worrying about wrestling for wrestling's sake. 

Chime in or not; I just had to express this time...

http://themat.com/section.php?section_id=3&page=showarticle&ArticleID=20281

There doesn't appear to be much done except clarifications, further adding sportsmanship penalities to the tiebreaker criteria in duals, and also aligning some existing issues.  I love the economy thus far of the 2009-10 changes and the lack of drastic procedural changes.  More time for worrying about wrestling for wrestling's sake. 

Chime in or not; I just had to express this time...

Wow...still no change of the out of bounds rule...What a crock.

Sure.... Let's get rid of stalling.... Let's take away conditioning from a wrestling match..... Let's take away strategy of wearing an opponent out and pushing the pace.... Are you serious?

The problem with stalling is it is up to the interpretaion of the ref(and sometimes bias). How does one call stalling when two wrestlers are nearly equal in ability and look like they might be stalling but they just not gaining an advantage nor giving the advantage to the other wrestler? My problem is which one gets called for it?

ff

A situation that I despise with stalling is when the ref feels he needs to make a stall call to appease the fans, I guess.  He'll make enough stall calls that'll close the scoring gap, but won't directly effect the outcome.  So if Guy A is up 1 point, the ref will make 1 stall call.  If Guy A is up 2 points, he'll make 2 stall calls.  Most of the time, the stall calls happened with 10-15 seconds left, so there really isn't time for another call.  That just makes me sick.

Here's a situation that actually happened.  Cashe was beating Harper at Al Smith going into the 3rd, I think he was winning by 2.  Cashe was on bottom and defended very well, head up and never flattened out, from what I can remember.  For the first 90 seconds, the ref did nothing.  However, in the last 30 seconds, he felt compelled to bombard Cashe with 2 stall calls, when Cashe was doing exactly the same thing he was doing the first 90 seconds.  The ref did just enough without really effecting the outcome.  I hate that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.