Top Five Tournaments/Meets in Indiana

Y2CJ41

Those are some great ideas as far as an IndianaMat.com tournament/invite.  It is definitely something we would like to look into in the future. 

I've got to ask the most obvious question...." Would your invitational be classed?  "  ::)

Those are some great ideas as far as an IndianaMat.com tournament/invite.  It is definitely something we would like to look into in the future. 

I've got to ask the most obvious question...." Would your invitational be classed?  "   ::)

I was reading through the post and was thinking the same when I came to this post. I was thinking a small school division would be great. LOL LOL

I've got to ask the most obvious question...." Would your invitational be classed?  "   ::)

Yes only people with class would be allowed to enter, so you would not be invited:)

I've got to ask the most obvious question...." Would your invitational be classed?  "   ::)

Yes only people with class would be allowed to enter, so you would not be invited:)

All joking aside, I do not think the IHSAA would allow this to happen during the competition season since they'd consider this an all-star meet.  Wrestlers are allowed to compete unattached during the competition season with a waiver from the IHSAA (requires a signature from coach, AD or principal) but the HS team must not have a match on the date of competition.

I agree, I'm not sure how teams do the Ironman with only partial teams.  It would definitely be easier to do spring tournament or all-star meet of sorts.  Personally, I think it would be neat to have Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, and Illinois' top wrestlers go at it in a dual format.  Or something more on a local level is have the area conference's best kids go at it in a dual.  Of course the latter would probably require some IHSAA permissions if it included underclassmen. 

Those were my thoughts as well after giving this topic some thought this evening.  Make it a midwest event.  Especially since the ihsaa has such severe travel restrictions concerning out of state tournaments.  Invite or allow a petioning process for teams or individuals to wrestle at the IndianaMat.com event.

This is an potential event that could really create alot of interest not to mention greatly benefit Indiana wrestling as a whole.

If you would like to go forth with this at some point Y2, I would definately like to be involved.

Mater Dei Holiday classic.

The Holliday classic has loast some of its better competition in recent years.  At one time they had the team state champions from Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama at this tourney.  It is sometimes hard to get teams to travel a long distance to get their butt whooped. ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.