Angel Escobedo

spiralride1

I heard Angel is having surgery in the off-season. Hopefully he does and takes the proper time to heal. This kid should be in the finals. It was sad to not see him there.

I thought he did not move off of bottom well. I wonder if his grandby-rolls and trapping the hips via a step-over has hurt him more than helped. One trick pony perhaps? I hope that the shoulder was a factor because not getting out could cost him in the future.

Just to clarify I am not trying to put Angel down. I am a huge fan of anyone from Indiana, with few exceptions. I was just wondering if, on the larger scale, his limited arsenal on bottom might be his biggest downfall? Everywhere else he is great, but this is the one area I think he should focus on once he is healthy.

He's never beaten Nickerson.  If Nickerson is back at 125, they should meet in the finals.  Both had bum shoulders this year.  if they both come back healthy, I see Nickerson beating Angel in the finals next year.

WOW!!! Do we have some haters on this board!! I'm really glad you clarified that your were not trying to put Angel down. Even though it sure sounded like it. Maybe with all your wrestling knowledge you can help widen Angel's arsenal, since it is so limited. I know everyone has an opinion so here's mine. Angel is going to be fine, he is a very hard worker and all around great guy. I wish him nothing but the best. We here in Indiana should be supporting our wrestlers and cheering them on.

Fuse-

Nice job on blowing a "fuse" and not listening to my 2nd post. Never did I say I was better or had a better arsenal than Angel. But as a person who has watched wrestling for more than 5 minutes, seeing Angel get ridden out for A WHOLE PERIOD IN BACK TO BACK matches tells me something. Hmm...why isn't he getting off bottom? Feel free to chill out, then make a mature post. Thanks.

Nickerson also rode out Donahoe to win the title and not even Robles could hold Donahoe down. Nickerson is a monster on top and I don't think his shoulder is in half the bad shape Angel's is. Angel got out from Jayson Ness repeatedly last year and Ness is another monster on top. Angel performed beautifully given his major injury and elite opponents. I have zero concerns about his mat skills and I'm quite sure he'll be back on the podium when his shoulder heals.

best of luck to Angel. he will be fine after going under the knife. 125 should be real interesting again next year. i think Robles may make the most improvement. nice to see so many class young men. best of luck to all but as a homer i wish Angel just a little more luck.

Spiralride,

Sorry that I could not listen to your 2nd post, but I can read. I never wrote that you said you were better than Angel. What I did write is that with all your wrestling knowledge maybe you can help this young man improve in his wrestling. Obviously you must have or think you have a better arsenal because you wrote his was limited. You also wrote that he might be a" one trick pony". How many tricks do you know? As a person who has been around wrestling awhile as well as around the block, before you post something you might want to think 1st before you write your opinion. It really hurt my feelings that you do not think my post was mature enough but it is my opinion. I have fought for my country for many years to enable people like you and me to write & say what we want, right or wrong. Thank You for your time. :-* :-* :-*

I don't feel I portrayed myself as all-knowing or better than Angel in anyway. I simply posed the question for discussion and brought up the issue. Anyone can see the young man did not score on bottom...point blank. As someone pointed out Nickerson is a beast on-top so Angel fell short thanks to a bum shoulder and (un)luck of the draw. All I was doing was pointing out my observations. As a coach, wreslter, and observer...not as a GURU.

Congrats on your patriotism. That was never brought up in my post, but congrats nonetheless.

Anyhow, Angel I wish you the best man. Even as a Southern Indiana wrestling fan, I have watched and followed your career and hope for even better things to come.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.