Congrats Crown Point wrestlers/coaches

vmikeydet20

Congrats to the coaching staff of crown point 3 state champs is hard feat to obtain also while taking a 3rd 4th and a 7th

Marcus, Anthony, Tsirstsis, Mark, Roach, Halsted, and Bakalik I'm so proud of you guys..

Lastly, Coach Vlink I'm extremely overwhelmed and happy for you not only did you get your first state champ you got three.. All your hard work and dedication to the sport and CP's program is paying off..

Now lets go get the Team State title

GO BULLDOGS

congrats to every  cp wrestler who has  wore the singlet for the dogs.  Coach Vlink  deserves everything  this team has accomplished as individuals and as a team.  It has been a long time since swinehart and maile.  The only two state champs from CP.  You gentleman  have new members to your clan.  These three are special and two have more to prove.  DOGS!!!!

Congrats to the coaching staff of crown point 3 state champs is hard feat to obtain also while taking a 3rd 4th and a 7th

Marcus, Anthony, Tsirstsis, Mark, Roach, Halsted, and Bakalik I'm so proud of you guys..

Lastly, Coach Vlink I'm extremely overwhelmed and happy for you not only did you get your first state champ you got three.. All your hard work and dedication to the sport and CP's program is paying off..

GO BULLDOGS

great team and great coaches but could show a little respect and go shake the other coaches hands after the match none of the kids did

as a former crown point wrestler who still goes down state every year to watch, weather we have a good team or not,  this was by far the most enjoyable state experience that i have ever had!

coach vlink was my coach in h.s., and i am very happy for him.  congradulations coach!

GO BULLDOGS

great team and great coaches but could show a little respect and go shake the other coaches hands after the match none of the kids did

Puuuuuhhhhleease!! Get over it already.

Are you serious?

You think they don't shake hands because they don't respect the opposing coaches?

Watch any college meet, they almost never shake the opposing coaches hand after individual matches.

Where did that silly tradition start?

Are you serious?

You think they don't shake hands because they don't respect the opposing coaches?

Watch any college meet, they almost never shake the opposing coaches hand after individual matches.

Where did that silly tradition start?

noone did that when i was in high school.

Shaking the opponents hand and then the opposing coach only shows respect and  it is a tradition that needs to be continued.The sportsmanship and comradarie we have witnessed by these young wrestlers has been something that has attracted us to the sport.What started as support for our grandsons has now blossomed into a genuine love for the sport of wrestling.

To see 2 young men going all out against one another and then pass by each other after a hard-fought match and shake hands or even a brief hug or chest-bump has become a wonderful thing to watch.These  guys "get it" they know what it takes to be out there on that mat.  It would be a shame to see  if a no-shaking trend develops and spreads to other schools.

What is wrong with  shaking the opposing coaches hand? I noticed earlier this year at a dual meet where the opponents did not  cross the mat and shake  our coaches hand and wondered why not. I think it may have been New Castle and I think there may have been a thread about the subject earlier this year.These coaches deserve respect and that is a good thing to cultivate in our younger generation.

I would be interested if anyone would be inclined to share their views on this subject once again. Why would you not shake hands?

GO BULLDOGS

That's ridiculous. Leave it to you to try to put a downer on their accomplishment. It's not like they don't do it purposely to disrepect the other coaches. CP has never done that, because back in the day no one did. I think it's more about tradition than anything. Also, you don't show respect and sportsmanship by running over and slapping someone else's hand because you have to. It's so phony if you ask me. CP's kids show respect and sportsmanship by the way they act on the mat, not by running over and slapping someone else's hand because their coach told them to.

Shaking the opponents hand and then the opposing coach only shows respect and  it is a tradition that needs to be continued.The sportsmanship and comradarie we have witnessed by these young wrestlers has been something that has attracted us to the sport.What started as support for our grandsons has now blossomed into a genuine love for the sport of wrestling.

To see 2 young men going all out against one another and then pass by each other after a hard-fought match and shake hands or even a brief hug or chest-bump has become a wonderful thing to watch.These  guys "get it" they know what it takes to be out there on that mat.  It would be a shame to see  if a no-shaking trend develops and spreads to other schools.

What is wrong with  shaking the opposing coaches hand? I noticed earlier this year at a dual meet where the opponents did not  cross the mat and shake  our coaches hand and wondered why not. I think it may have been New Castle and I think there may have been a thread about the subject earlier this year.These coaches deserve respect and that is a good thing to cultivate in our younger generation.

I would be interested if anyone would be inclined to share their views on this subject once again. Why would you not shake hands?

Overall, I think it's a phoney token gesture that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I'm not impressed at all when a kid does it, precisely because I know he is told he has to. I would be more impressed if a kid sought out a coach after the match, away from the spotlight, looked him in the eye, said nice match and shook his hand.

Nice work bulldogs: wrestlers and coaches alike!  Now go win team state!

On a side note, I am a coach, and I think shaking hands is in a word, gross.  I can't tell you how many times a wrestler has wiped his nose, had blood on his hand, or wiped his mouth.  Sometimes I just refuse to shake hands.  

Overall, I think it's a phoney token gesture that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I'm not impressed at all when a kid does it, precisely because I know he is told he has to. I would be more impressed if a kid sought out a coach after the match, away from the spotlight, looked him in the eye, said nice match and shook his hand.

Agreed 100%! I would rather a kid come talk to me later if he wants than come shake my hand. As long as he shakes the opponents hand, thats all that matters. Congrats to the great accomplishments of the CP kids and coaches. Keep up the good work.

GO BULLDOGS

when i wrote this i didnt mean to start an uproar, and i didnt mean to disrespect the cp coaches or the kids that battled there hearts out, with the cp's preformance this weekend shows the great job that there coaching staff has done at practice or at the club level, to the team you guys did a great job and im sorry that i wrote something that was disrespectful to your teams accomplishments, keep up the great work looking foward to seeing your team back doing the same next year. and to the coaching staff your work shows in the final results , great job and hope other coaches thew out the state follows your guys deadication

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.