The ?Inner Circles? Consensus Picks For Top 4 Placers

MattM

This is based off of the accumulative picks from the 7 gentlemen (Y2, RC, Karl, AJ, Dingo, Vito, & Sly) and who they believe will place in state.   I added up each of their picks and placed the Top 4 based on the end results.   It does takes into account the filtering of the brackets into the final results.  This means some very highly talented guys are not listed as high because they were beat out by a higher guy before the finals.  I stopped at 4th place since after that there are too many ties for placement.

1.Phillips

2.Ayersman

3.McKinley

4.Stevens

1.Hawkins

2.Kieffer

3.Nelson

4.Gonzalas

1.Wright

2.Eppert

3.Johns

4.Kenney

1.Quiroga

2.Napules

3.Tsirtsis

4.Grey

1.Harper

2.Porras

3.Spencer

4.Norton

1.Roach

2.March

3.Dillion

4.Richey

1.Sandefer

2.Sims

3.Stahl

4.McGinley

1.Young

2.Dulaney

3.Bennett

4.Pichards

1.McMurrey

2.Stein

3.Mosier

4.Estrada

1.Runyan

2.Todd

3.Myers

4.Powell

1.Grimes

2.Atwood

3.Wedding

4.Mappes

1.Shrewsbury

2.Garber

3.Dalton

4.Stevenson

1.Baker

2.Berry

3.Cleveland

4.Lentz

HWT (285)

1.Chalfant

2.White

3.Fitzgerald

4.Everett

Basically.   I added the finishing positions up.  If my additions skills held true the lower the number the higher the consensus placement for that wrestler.  If they were not picked top 8 by one or more of the guys they got a 9 from that person by default.  After #1 was found then it was all on how the brackets played out for #2-#4.   

Common example of how the brackets manipulated the process.Wrestlers A is the over all #1.  Wrestlers B may had the second highest place total but since he faces A in the semis he ends with only being able to make it to the over all #3 spot.  That themn would move wrestlers C with the third highest total to the #2 spot because he was on the opposite end of the bracket from Wrestler A. 

Yes, I was bored this afternoon during my prep and lunch.  It's not a scientific study in who is going to win just trying to see which guys the "Inner Circle" picked more.  I'm sure its not going to pan out perfectly no matter how we slice it.

lol....not testing your math but you might want to refigure 171

Math was right (at least I think).  I said it was not an exact science though.  If I missed something else on that one or another let me know I'll try again.

Grimes Total 16

Wedding Total 19

Duckworth Total 23

Atwood Total 25

Mappe Total 31

How the bracket pans out then was probably where you thought it was wrong

Grimes 1st

Duckworth 2nd (Wedding same side as Grimes so can't be second)

Wedding 3rd

Mappe 4th  (Atwood in same quarter final round as Duckworth so he would be out of top 4)

Math was right (at least I think).  I said it was not an exact science though.  If I missed something else on that one or another let me know I'll try again.

Grimes Total 16

Wedding Total 19

Duckworth Total 23

Atwood Total 25

Mappe Total 31

Grimes 1st

Wedding 3rd

Mappe 4th  (Atwood in same quarter final round as Duckworth so he would be out of top 4)

I came up with a total number of 21 for atwood.....maybe i did something wrong

Grimes Total 16

Wedding Total 19

Duckworth Total 23

Atwood Total 25

Mappe Total 31

Grimes 1st

Wedding 3rd

I came up with a total number of 21 for atwood.....maybe i did something wrong

Forget math, I'm going with my gut-instinct.

1.Atwood

2.Wedding

3.Grimes

4.Mappes

Atwood should have 21 my bad.  Never trust my math completely.   

I'll fix it should be

Grimes

Atwood

Wedding

Mappes

One thing is for sure.  Baring any major upsets in the first round, the Atwood and Duckworth quarter final match will be a great one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.