interesting on flo wrestling

dpetty

Here is the solution once and for all...

There will be 7 High Schools in Indiana from this point on.

They will be:

Gary High School

South Bend High School

Terre Haute High School

Muncie High School

Indianapolis High School

Evansville High School

and

New Albany High School

ALL students will attend the school closest to them.   NO OPTIONS.

Now the arguement about there being TOO Many kids in each school and my kid doesn't have a chance to compete can start.

Of course this is rediculous...

You better put one in Ft Wayne that way we dont have an odd number at team state.

I thought about doing that...But that would eliminate all the controversy and besides...7 is my lucky number and I am making the rules   ;-)

Fair enough, if i am gonna fish in your pond, I need to follow your rules........ ;D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the solution once and for all...

There will be 7 High Schools in Indiana from this point on.

They will be:

Gary High School

South Bend High School

Terre Haute High School

Muncie High School

Indianapolis High School

Evansville High School

and

New Albany High School

ALL students will attend the school closest to them.   NO OPTIONS.

Now the arguement about there being TOO Many kids in each school and my kid doesn't have a chance to compete can start.

Of course this is rediculous...

You better put one in Ft Wayne that way we dont have an odd number at team state.

I thought about doing that...But that would eliminate all the controversy and besides...7 is my lucky number and I am making the rules   ;-)

Fair enough, if i am gonna fish in your pond, I need to follow your rules........ ;D

Man I am glad I am in the negative on cool points!  It is LIBERATING!!!!!

If you don't think those advantages help individuals then I don't know what to tell you.  I know I got better in college because of the higher quality practice partners and better and more coaches.

We're not talking about college wrestling and you're living in the land of Oz if you think class wrestling is going to create your wrestling utopia of more coaches, practice partners, etc. for most small schools.

I'll pose my question for the last time...When two wrestlers step on the mat, how does their school's enrollment favor one wrestler over the other?

If I had better practice partners and a better coach in high school I would have accomplished a lot more than I did.  I hit a peak in high school because I maximized my resources to the fullest potential.  I improved in college because of the resources that I had like practice partners and coaches. 

If all else is equal I will take the wrestler with the better practice partner and better coach over the lesser.  The kid that is more likely to have better practice partners and better coaches is at the big school level. 

Its fine if you do not believe class wrestling will not generate more interest in the sport at the small school level.  You obviously have not been to a 2A sectional or regional where the fans are just as excited as a 5A game. 

Wow...so you're best argument for class wrestling is, "practice partners and better coaches." Pretty weak, Y2. Problem is that there have been plenty of state champion wrestlers from schools with mediocre coaches and practice partners. Another problem with your argument is the fact that class wrestling is not going to end mediocrity in coaching and practice partners. Class wrestling will not magically take a decent, small school program and make it a mini Mater Dei. What it will do is diminish the accomplishments of wrestlers from small schools, especially state champions. If you don't believe me, look at our neighbor to the west, Illinois.

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one, Y2...

gnome,

No one has said class wrestling is a magic formula.  I have stated that I believe it will help participation and exposure at the small school level where I feel wrestling is dying and at very best stagnant. 

We both want what is good for wrestling, but we both have different opinions on one of the ways to possibly help wrestling grow.  I respect your opinion as I was on your side about 6 years ago.  The main reason my opinion changed and why I am a big supporter of class wrestling is after coaching at Northrop(2000+ students) and Garrett(550 students) I saw a huge difference in the dynamics of the athletic programs and the kids in each program.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.