Ticket Round, Wrestle Backs

Promoter480

Isnt that a wrestle back to a true 3rd place?????? ;D

I think that'd be a consolation round.  You don't have to wrestle "back."

Not to worry, I was just being my annoying self, trying to get a rise out of a few people. ;D

Not to worry, I was just being my annoying self, trying to get a rise out of a few people. ;D

I tink dat it is a great idea/ do you really think the best 4 always get to da big show ?

I tink dat it is a great idea/ do you really think the best 4 always get to da big show ?

No way the 4 best always make it out of the SS. Every yer you have state qualifiers from the previous year going at it in the ticket round. I have not studied the brackets enough to know if there is an Eppert vs. Schoettle (sp) match this year, but I do know of a few state qualifiers that wont make it back due to a ticket round match.

The state flat-out doesn't care about the guys that could have went to state or might have placed.

They want to find the best, and their system does that.

This line of thinking is why they got rid of Team Semi-State.

That's what happens when there's no one with any wrestling experience on the committee I guess. If there happens to be someone that does, shame on them for not realizing the difference between wrestling and other sports. In a perfect world, I would want full wrestlebacks. But I actually do like the system now except for one blemish, the ticket round at semi-state. I don't mind that they eliminated team semi-state under the current format. I'm not a fan of having the team series on the wednesday before individual regionals and semi-state.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.