Gill VS Arthur at Bloomington South Regionals

SANDMAN1962

Not sure if you call it dominating.  Gill got his 1st period takedown after it looked like Arthur stumbled or something, I'm not sure what Arthur was trying to do.  Gill grabbed a knee then was behind.  Arthur got away end of the 1st, then they both traded escapes.  It didn't look like Arthur had any way to take Gill down.  A typical big heavyweight match.

I'm wondering why  you would start a post like this? for 3 yrs. you've been picking against him at sectionals, regionals ect., each time he has proven you wrong. Is it because he put Sam out every year or have I done something to you? Joe had a bad back injury last july to the point one doctor told us he would NEVER play sports again.He missed his entire senior football season. through alot of prayer, hard work at re-hab , and the fact he refuses to give up, he went all three periods with a top ranked heavyweight and had a chance to win till the end, i wouldn't call that not wanting it bad enough?? Maybe I should let him go to a small school, not wrestle anyone all year, show up with a 40-0 record and lose to a kid who has a 19-15 record? I have alot of respect for the way your kid wrestles but I Have NO respect for You!!! ;) Ron Arthur

Why do some adults get on here and talk about teenagers and make deragotory comments about a kid who just got beat and is probably pretty upset. Why would you make statements about High School kids offense being non existent? First off these are heavy weights not little guys their typical push, pull,underhook that happens in most heavy weight bouts. I am not from that regional but do know Ron and Joe from ISWA and IMO you couldn't ask for two nicer guys. I saw Joe during football season and to say the least the kid was in real pain. To fight to come back from a back injury is not something that many can do and I think only Joe is the one that really understands how bad it hurts. I don't know Gill and it sounds like he is a good wrestler, but lets make sure we all understand these are kids..they read this stuff...letthem enjoy themselves.  I believe the old saying is if you don't have anything good to say don't say it. Good Luck Joe at Semi-state!

The Reese's

I'm wondering why  you would start a post like this? for 3 yrs. you've been picking against him at sectionals, regionals ect., each time he has proven you wrong. Is it because he put Sam out every year or have I done something to you? Joe had a bad back injury last july to the point one doctor told us he would NEVER play sports again.He missed his entire senior football season. through alot of prayer, hard work at re-hab , and the fact he refuses to give up, he went all three periods with a top ranked heavyweight and had a chance to win till the end, i wouldn't call that not wanting it bad enough?? Maybe I should let him go to a small school, not wrestle anyone all year, show up with a 40-0 record and lose to a kid who has a 19-15 record? I have alot of respect for the way your kid wrestles but I Have NO respect for You!!! ;) Ron Arthur

Sounds like your son really loves the sport and is working very hard.

So does my son, who has the "misfortune" of attending a small school. His coach takes the team to invitationals against big schools - where many of our young men win. Nice comment on small schools not having any competition and inflated records!

Why do some adults get on here and talk about teenagers and make deragotory comments about a kid who just got beat and is probably pretty upset. Why would you make statements about High School kids offense being non existent? First off these are heavy weights not little guys their typical push, pull,underhook that happens in most heavy weight bouts. I am not from that regional but do know Ron and Joe from ISWA and IMO you couldn't ask for two nicer guys. I saw Joe during football season and to say the least the kid was in real pain. To fight to come back from a back injury is not something that many can do and I think only Joe is the one that really understands how bad it hurts. I don't know Gill and it sounds like he is a good wrestler, but lets make sure we all understand these are kids..they read this stuff...letthem enjoy themselves.  I believe the old saying is if you don't have anything good to say don't say it. Good Luck Joe at Semi-state!

The Reese's

Wahoo for you, you are a man that gets it. All to often people come on here while they are still upset about a close loss, or a bad call and vent. Not realizing their words have power, and more so to the teenager that will be reading those comments that are aimed at him.

hwtsrule.... Mr. Arthur is making what is a relatively accurate generalization about small schools in Indiana. You see small school kids with inflated records get beat my "average" wrestlers with decent records all the time. I, like your son went to a small school (under 300). We too had a couple of events on our schedules that provided challenging competition. His statement is largely accurate. I was an above average wrestler and wish I had, had the opportunity to wrestle a tougher schedule. It could have been very helpful in providing me with tough competition to better prepare me for the post season.

I hope that your son has had ample opportunities for facing the best competition as that is the only way to get better. Possibly we will see in the coming weeks. Best of luck to him and his teammates.

I don't think that there is any reason to think that Mr. Arthur's comments were malicous at all.

As said in  my personal message to you, I in no way was attacking your son! I picked him to win both the sectionals as well as regionals this year. I in no way had any knowledge of his back surgery or any problems! And just called it as I saw it that day. I think he is an awesome wrestler and always have! And Sam Miller is nothing to me but a wrestler who was on our team and graduated last year. Im sorry you took this as an attack on him! It wasnt. And as far as stiring up s**t on here for the last 3 years , I have only had a computer for 2 seasons including this one. Im glad you respect Holdens wrestling! As I do Joes! I in no way meant any disrespect toward Joe or yourself! And am sorry you took it that way! And I will congratulate Joe on his recovery from the surgery that you mentioned! My hat is off to him! Sorry you feel the way that you do about me! I cant help that, Anyway, I hope this sort of clarifys this somewhat for you!  ?

Sincerly,

Dennis G. Fudurich

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.