My thoughts on the Castle regional.

md85

Great wrestling.  I wish the fans would take a lesson from the wrestlers.  I saw only one wrestler let his emotions get away from him, and one of his coaches quickly addressed that situation.  103: Kuhn still a stud, don't lose faith Nut.  112:Great championship match.  Down to the last second.  119: A. J. is a stud.  The rest of the state had best watch out.  125: Reitz and MD again, MD this time.  130: Castle was tough in this one.  135: Dehaven peaking at the right time.  140: Simms.  145: Richards over Zeke this time.  152: The kid from Princeton suprised me.  160: Takedown in overtime for Easterling.  I had to leave after this match.  A couple of notes to the Castle fans: If you were upset when all the MD fans cheered when Alex Greismer beat Michael brown, you need to remember every time you and everyone in the gym cheered when ANYONE from MD lost.  We never had the sherriffs threaten to make us leave.  And finally to the Castle fans yelling"you're not going to state", enjoy your trip, you earned it.  If you win, then you may talk trash to us.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stein has been under rated all season. You are definitely not the 1st. He went to Mishawaka as a 5 seed and ran through the tournament. I am sure he has some major battles ahead of him but the Princeton faithful believe in him and his skills!

Stein is the real deal, but not a state champ this year...possibly the next two or at least his senior year.

With the exception of a few fans i did enjoy the castle-vs.-MD rivalry, it at least spiced some things up.  on the other hand, there are a few that need to realize this is HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS.

overall, a good day of wrestling and great sportsmanship by the wrestlers.

Is it me or does  there seem to be a lot of hatred between fans of some of these schools at this regional. :o Castle your on a good ride. It was interesting to see other schools cheer when Castle kids got beat. I only thought that was done to MD ;D Someone said on another post about how everyone should be backing Castle now that they are representing our region. It was only a year ago that I remember a lot of Castle fan's booing Reitz's 112 at semi state. How one year changes peoples attitudes. The wrestlers handled themselves with class today. MD 85 I will agree with your post and add some of my own.

Great wrestling.  I wish the fans would take a lesson from the wrestlers.  I saw only one wrestler let his emotions get away from him, and one of his coaches quickly addressed that situation.  103: Kuhn still a stud, don't lose faith Nut.  112:Great championship match.  Down to the last second.  119: A. J. is a stud.  The rest of the state had best watch out.  125: Reitz and MD again, MD this time.  130: Castle was tough in this one.  135: Dehaven peaking at the right time.  140: Simms.  145: Richards over Zeke this time.  152: The kid from Princeton suprised me.  160: Takedown in overtime for Easterling.  I had to leave after this match.  A couple of notes to the Castle fans: If you were upset when all the MD fans cheered when Alex Greismer beat Michael brown, you need to remember every time you and everyone in the gym cheered when ANYONE from MD lost.  We never had the sherriffs threaten to make us leave.  And finally to the Castle fans yelling"you're not going to state", enjoy your trip, you earned it.  If you win, then you may talk trash to us.

103 Kuhn is the top dog here. Too much for Hall.

112 Griesemer exiciting match.

119  A.J. made me proud  8) (Best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery are with Flynn on his injury in the semis)

125 Really still is too close to bet on between the two. Henderson today.

130 Seitz looks like he's wrestled all season.

135 Dehaven is truly peaking at a good time. Nice win.

140 Sims hung tough. Knows what to do to win. Expect him to continue to raise his level.

145 Still believe this is a tossup. Preston today.

152 Loaded class. Stein surprised me. He's looks much taller than the others.

160 Easterling brought his A game. A good win for the senior.

171 Wedding continues to be impressive.

189 Price with some big wins. Looked really good. Carlile surprised me also.

215 Robison still has the zero on the record. Impressive again

285 ZZZZZZZZZZZ Oh excuse me. I must of dozed for awhile there.  ;D  Whitey gets Borko this time. Pretty even.

Team count for Qualifiers ( unofficial )

Castle 12

MD 9

Reitz 7

Mt Vernon 5

Memorial 5

The Sherriff was addressing ONE particular incident with ONE particular fan who quiet honestly was neither a Castle or a Mater Dei fan and showed the world what it was to be completely without class or a clue. 

Now to address the Brown Greismer comment...I think you may be missing the point all together.  If you have "suffered" this sort of action before, the cheering of other wrestlers over your own, and know the way it made you feel - is it the RIGHT thing for you to do out of spite?  Not defending ANYONE, just asking a rhetorical question to see if the cycle can be broken.

Over all a great day of wrestling and some quality matches to prime everyone for the SS!

Being from Princeton I cheered the end of match because it was so exciting. To see Griz avenge the loss he had at sectional was great to see. I am not trying to defend anyone but with the match ending like it did I feel everyone cheered the match itself. Some fans probably did cheer just b/c Castle lost the match but feel for the most part it was due respect for a great match.

Being from Princeton I cheered the end of match because it was so exciting. To see Griz avenge the loss he had at sectional was great to see. I am not trying to defend anyone but with the match ending like it did I feel everyone cheered the match itself. Some fans probably did cheer just b/c Castle lost the match but feel for the most part it was due respect for a great match.

It was a tough hard fought Meat Grinder Final between two tough competitors!

Like I said, it was the actions of one or two morons that caused all the uproar afterwards.   And they had NOTHING to do with the teams wrestling.  Go Figure!

i for one am sorry to hear a sheriff needed to get involved. i am sure it was a isolated case. we all need to remember these are teenagers wrestling and we don't need to yell at them. i am not saying it is not okay to cheer for your wrestler, why else are we there, but be positive toward your wrestler.  if you where on the other end of a classless act try to remember how it felt and do not lower yourself to that level. jmo

Is it me or does  there seem to be a lot of hatred between fans of some of these schools at this regional. :o Castle your on a good ride. It was interesting to see other schools cheer when Castle kids got beat. I only thought that was done to MD ;D Someone said on another post about how everyone should be backing Castle now that they are representing our region. It was only a year ago that I remember a lot of Castle fan's booing Reitz's 112 at semi state. How one year changes peoples attitudes. The wrestlers handled themselves with class today. MD 85 I will agree with your post and add some of my own.

103 Kuhn is the top dog here. Too much for Hall.

112 Griesemer exiciting match.

119  A.J. made me proud  8) (Best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery are with Flynn on his injury in the semis)

125 Really still is too close to bet on between the two. Henderson today.

130 Seitz looks like he's wrestled all season.

135 Dehaven is truly peaking at a good time. Nice win.

140 Sims hung tough. Knows what to do to win. Expect him to continue to raise his level.

145 Still believe this is a tossup. Preston today.

152 Loaded class. Stein surprised me. He's looks much taller than the others.

160 Easterling brought his A game. A good win for the senior.

171 Wedding continues to be impressive.

189 Price with some big wins. Looked really good. Carlile surprised me also.

215 Robison still has the zero on the record. Impressive again

285 ZZZZZZZZZZZ Oh excuse me. I must of dozed for awhile there.  ;D  Whitey gets Borko this time. Pretty even.

Team count for Qualifiers ( unofficial )

Castle 12

MD 9

Reitz 7

Mt Vernon 5

Memorial 5

I thought the for the most all of the wrestlers handled themselves very well. It surpises me that the Castle fans were so upset that they were being cheered against when your on top everyone wants to see you fall it's human nature.

Boilergrappler - From my perspective of course I won't being cheering for Castle except at Team State, because they are respresenting the southern part of our state. I think Harmon brings alot of this stuff on himself with the way he acts. Could it just have been one sectional cheering against another??

First off, its a sign that Castle is on top when all the other teams are cheering when they lose, although, for some reason it was only during the 112 match in the finals, i didn't see anything else happen during the other matches.  maybe everyone was cheering because it was a good match, or maybe since the guy that left who was not in any way connected with either mater dei or castle or princeton had left and wasn't around. 

honestly, i thought coach harmon actually was laughing about it all, in a way, i think it proves to him that castle is on top right now, which they are.

I would like to think that next week at semi-state we can all cheer for our regional whether its reitz, castle, MD, princeton, etc.

i for one am sorry to hear a sheriff needed to get involved. i am sure it was a isolated case. we all need to remember these are teenagers wrestling and we don't need to yell at them. i am not saying it is not okay to cheer for your wrestler, why else are we there, but be positive toward your wrestler.  if you where on the other end of a classless act try to remember how it felt and do not lower yourself to that level. jmo

Very true words fire...

First off, its a sign that Castle is on top when all the other teams are cheering when they lose, although, for some reason it was only during the 112 match in the finals, i didn't see anything else happen during the other matches.  maybe everyone was cheering because it was a good match, or maybe since the guy that left who was not in any way connected with either mater dei or castle or princeton had left and wasn't around. 

honestly, i thought coach harmon actually was laughing about it all, in a way, i think it proves to him that castle is on top right now, which they are.

I would like to think that next week at semi-state we can all cheer for our regional whether its reitz, castle, MD, princeton, etc.

I am sure Coach Harmon does laugh about it all...Not so much because it validates anything about his team, but more because it proves how petty and fickle people can be.  Why worry at all about the little people?  Even if there is an entire gym full of them? 

I have the qualifiers as follows:

Castle 11

Mater Dei 8

Reitz 7

Mt Vernon 5

Memorial 4

Tell City 3

If I missed some - I apologize, can't always read my own handwriting! 

I am sure Coach Harmon does laugh about it all...Not so much because it validates anything about his team, but more because it proves how petty and fickle people can be.   Why worry at all about the little people?   Even if there is an entire gym full of them? 

I have the qualifiers as follows:

Castle 11

Mater Dei 8

Reitz 7

Mt Vernon 5

Memorial 4

Tell City 3

If I missed some - I apologize, can't always read my own handwriting! 

Oh BlueBolt, I cant believe you forgot me!!!LOL!!!

I was very dissapointed in the Castle fans yelling loser and "who is going to state". You guys have a great team and should be proud but act like you belong there. Yelling losers to a program that beat you earlier in the year and every time for the past 50 years or so doesn't make much sense.

I also thought the Castle father who stood up and walked to the door challenging anyone from MD to step outside was a little classless as well. Keep in mind you son is very good and only a sophomore. Castle graduates a large portion of their team this year and MD will be stronger next year. Castel had only a handful of JV this year as well. You are going to be very lonely in for the next two years sitting in your teams section and might want all those redneck westsiders pulling for your son since he's from our end of the state.

I was very dissapointed in the Castle fans yelling loser and "who is going to state". You guys have a great team and should be proud but act like you belong there. Yelling losers to a program that beat you earlier in the year and every time for the past 50 years or so doesn't make much sense.

I also thought the Castle father who stood up and walked to the door challenging anyone from MD to step outside was a little classless as well. Keep in mind you son is very good and only a sophomore. Castle graduates a large portion of their team this year and MD will be stronger next year. Castel had only a handful of JV this year as well. You are going to be very lonely in for the next two years sitting in your teams section and might want all those redneck westsiders pulling for your son since he's from our end of the state.

:o Exactly.

Remember we have 2 rounds to cheer on all our regional kids, and then if their still standing well then their wrestling for seeds at Conseco.  Let's punch some tickets and then get back to some Castle regional battles.  They don't call it "the grinder" for nothing.

Good luck for all of our Castle Regional kids.

Big call out for the Memorial Tigers moving on.

BOILER10 I saw what you are talking about, but that was not a castle father.... if my son wasn't wrestling in the finals, I would have left. I have never in my life been to a high school sporting event that made me so sick to my stomach!!  Where I was sitting, I had high school kids right behind me yelling "Mater Dei sucks"  Its a bunch of B.S.!!! I got up and went and stood by the rail at mat 3 just to get away from it.  As for me and my son, we like the Mater Dei kid in our class and I even went over and asked a parent who his dad was so I could let him know that we aren't part of that crap that goes on.  I will root for him the rest of the year like I did earlier in the year. I dont know if that MD dad ever gets on this site, but if he does he knows who I am.  Sir, Zach is a class act from everything I have seen this year and last, and I hope he goes to state!

Uh oh....be careful talking up that Stein kid!  I was so impressed with him at the Al Smith I posted about it and got my head ripped off for it!      jk....he is going to be one to watch thoughout the rest of the tournament and over the next two years! 

Uh oh....be careful talking up that Stein kid!  I got my head ripped off for it earlier this year!     jk....he is going to be one to watch thoughout the rest of the tournament and over the next two years!

I guess you have to be from Mishawaka, Castle, Reitz or MD to get any love here huh?

Stein doesn't need anyone on a message board talking him up, the work is done on the mat and hopefully this weekend he proves that!

BOILER10 I saw what you are talking about, but that was not a castle father.... if my son wasn't wrestling in the finals, I would have left. I have never in my life been to a high school sporting event that made me so sick to my stomach!!  Where I was sitting, I had high school kids right behind me yelling "Mater Dei sucks"  Its a bunch of B.S.!!! I got up and went and stood by the rail at mat 3 just to get away from it.  As for me and my son, we like the Mater Dei kid in our class and I even went over and asked a parent who his dad was so I could let him know that we aren't part of that crap that goes on.   I will root for him the rest of the year like I did earlier in the year. I dont know if that MD dad ever gets on this site, but if he does he knows who I am.   Sir, Zach is a class act from everything I have seen this year and last, and I hope he goes to state!

So is this the 125lb Zach or the 160?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.