Chalfant

Janney

Meyer

West

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, I can't see Stevie Gonzales placing at 112 this year. After he was beat by Devin for the fourth time, he's up in the stands laughing it up with his buddies. I don't see the focus he had as a freshman, and that's to bad cause Stevie is a awesome kid and good wrestler. I hope you prove me wrong Stevie, good luck to all wrestlers this weekend.

Batt

Bryant

Adams

Bevans

Jackson

Tucker

Gonzales

Armantrout

Bevans

Kenney

Perry

Faroute         

Fiechter

Heistand

Sheets

Striker

Fiechter

Smith

Ehr

Horrman

Gerber

Holsten

Harry

Morris

Martin

Thuerer

Harper

Burnfield

Dulaney

Sprunger

Hankenson

Landis

Mosier

Whitaker

Baker

Smith

Busse

Castner

Fiechter

Fuller

Schultz

Melcher

Morrisey

Burke

Thatcher

Dely

Rosson

White

Baker

Werst

Fodrea

King

Chalfant

Janney

Meyer

West

First off, I can't see Stevie Gonzales placing at 112 this year. After he was beat by Devin for the fourth time, he's up in the stands laughing it up with his buddies. I don't see the focus he had as a freshman, and that's to bad cause Stevie is a awesome kid and good wrestler. I hope you prove me wrong Stevie, good luck to all wrestlers this weekend.

You obviously haven't practiced with Stevie this year.

Before you question a kid's drive/passion/focus, please have some clue what you are talking about.

Here is an idea, spend more time rebuilding Delta's program and less time worrying about this site! Lets see first match with Devin 5-0, second he gets stuck down 6-5, then down 4-0 he gets stuck, so who is rolling with him in the room, cause it doesn't seem to be helping him. I simply stated that for a kid who placed last year to get pinned again by a guy he has already wrestled several times and to take the loss in the manner he did, is WRONG! I was sitting in the stands with him and others were making similar comments directly to him. Don't ever get on here and question my knowledge of wrestling, I based my comments on the facts and how Stevie has wrestled this year. Maybe you should figure out how to help Stevie beat Devin and not what others are posting on this site. I never said anything negative about Stevie, nor would I, he is a great kid and comes from a great family.

Here is an idea, spend more time rebuilding Delta's program and less time worrying about this site! Lets see first match with Devin 5-0, second he gets stuck down 6-5, then down 4-0 he gets stuck, so who is rolling with him in the room, cause it doesn't seem to be helping him. I simply stated that for a kid who placed last year to get pinned again by a guy he has already wrestled several times and to take the loss in the manner he did, is WRONG! I was sitting in the stands with him and others were making similar comments directly to him. Don't ever get on here and question my knowledge of wrestling, I based my comments on the facts and how Stevie has wrestled this year. Maybe you should figure out how to help Stevie beat Devin and not what others are posting on this site. I never said anything negative about Stevie, nor would I, he is a great kid and comes from a great family.

Good save with that last sentence ;) I think Stevie's biggest problem is confidence when wrestling against Devon. I still don't think he has gotten over the loss at county, getting a lead and then falling apart. He looks like a different wrestler against anyone else. You know I'm gonna pick Stevie to win and I will be there this weekend so maybe I can slap some sense into him ;) But, regardless if he beats Devon at regional or not, I think he makes it to the finals handily. I've seen Tucker wrestle and he was strong but not that impressive.  I think it'll be a good match between Tucker and Harry first round, but I'm gonna stick to my prediction.

That's totally understandable, he's your brother and I'd love to see him get over the hump and with you being there Saturday should help Stevie mentally.  Like I said I wasn't trying to rip on Stevie, I just want him to improve on last year's trip to Conseco,  just as you and his coaches do. Have a safe trip home, the weather is horrible here.

OUCH!!! Thats gotta hurt!

READING SEVERAL POSTS ABOUT GRAMMAR ISSUES [bELLMONT SMELLMONT WHO CARES] OR FEELINGS GETTING HURT [DELTA UP OR GET OFF THE MAT].  JUST ANOTHER ISSUE THAT CREATES A PISSING CONTEST.  LETS SEE HOW MANY GUYS PLACE TOP 3 @ STATE FROM THIS REGIONAL.

103 Batt,Bryant,Adams,Bevens

112 Jackson, Conzales, Tucker, Armantrout

119 Kenny,Bevens, Faurote, Armantrout

125Hiestand,Fiechter, Sheets, Striker

130Fiechter, Schwartz, Ehr, Smith

135 Gerber, Harry, Rench, Holsten

140 Martin, Theurer, Burnfield, Harper

145 Sprunger, Dulaney, Heuchan, Hankenson

152 Moiser, Baker, Whitaker, Smith

160 Castner, Busse, Fiechter, Osborne

171 Schultz, Melcher, Burke, Wilson

189Thatcher, White, Dely, Rossom

215 Baker, Werst, Fodrea, King

285 Chalfant, Janney, West, Meyer

I heard a rumor that at weigh in at delta sectional one of yorktown's coaches said something like weighing in at heavyweight 2009 sectional champ about his own wrestler... just wondered if anyone else heard this and what everyone thinks about it?  Obviously it did not happen just mixing up the conversation in here.    peace

well since you were there do people not think it is wrong for a coach to have to talk up his wrestler like that.  Maybe it is just me but that is the last thing i would do especially if he is going to have a tight match in the finals.  sorry i resepect other teams ill quit posting on here... peace

I heard a rumor that at weigh in at delta sectional one of yorktown's coaches said something like weighing in at heavyweight 2009 sectional champ about his own wrestler... just wondered if anyone else heard this and what everyone thinks about it?  Obviously it did not happen just mixing up the conversation in here.    peace

If a coach wants to be cocky about his own wrestlers......well let him be cocky!  I am sure it was all out of fun....and didn't mean any harm by it....besides, the Yorktown Coaches are all Class Acts!

That post was pointless, sorry to be blunt.

Good Stuff!

how so decbell?  I asked what people thought of a coach saying something like that sorry if i am not to the standards of a bellmont brave in my posting abilities.

Why do you have to have a Bellmont Brave posting ability?.......you should worry more about the wrestling ability of a Bellmont Brave! lol

Ok here are the correct picks:

103)Bryant, Batt, Bevans, Adams.

112)Jackson, Gonzales, Armantrout, Harry. (Delta sweep)

119)Kenny, Bevans, Faurote, Armantrout.

125)Fiechter, Sheets, Hiestand, Baker.

130)Fiechter, Smith, Schwartz, Ehr.

135)Gerber, Harry, Rench, Holsten.

140)Martin, Harper, Theurer, Burnfield.

145)Dulany, Sprunger, Hankenson, Heuchan

152)Mosier, Whitaker, Baker, Corn.

160)Busse, Castner, Fiechter, Osborn.

171)Shultz, Burke, Melcher, Wilson.

189)Thatcher, Dely, White, Rossom.

215)Baker, Fodrea, King, Werst.

285)Chalfant, Janney, Meyer, French.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.