Evansville Central Sectional Seeds

wrestlingislife

Matchick,

Post your top 3 predictions and I will follow up. 

103: Kuhn, Hall, Appell

112: Moody, Adler, Burchette

119: Johns, Schroeder, Hoehn

125: Henderson, Rueger, Sulawske

130: Weinzapfel, King, Girten

135: Weinzapfel, Dehaven, Dowdy

140: Sims, Hoehn, Steele

145: Zenthoefer, Boyle, Prasek

152: King, Ritter, Colavecchia

160: Easterling, Little, James

171: Wedding, Boots, Lovelace

189: Price, Fentress, Koester

215: Ruggeri, Kercher, Sandwith

285: White, Borkowski, VanWinkle

These are my picks for the top 3 at each weight...so where don't we match up Jon H?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may, I will provide a preview for at least one glaring omission that Jon H will probably point out. You have completely missed White at 285. It would probably be considered an upset if he does not finish 1st. Maybe you are predicting a big upset . . .

OK matchick - I appreciate your picks and I agree with most of them.   This will be a lot of fun - let's see who gets the most correct out of the top 3.  We will count 3 (1's) , 2 (2s) and 1 (3's)

103:  RE, HA, MD

112:  RE, MD, MV

119:  RE, NP, MD

125:  RE, MD, NO

130:  NP, MD, RE

135:  MD, ME, RE

140:  MD, MV, RE

145:  MD, RE, MV

152:  RE, MD, CE

160:  MD, ME, RE

171:  ME, MV, MD

189:  NP, RE, NO

215:  MV, MD, RE

285:  MV, ME, MD

If I may, I will provide a preview for at least one glaring omission that Jon H will probably point out.  You have completely missed White at 285.  It would probably be considered an upset if he does not finish 1st.  Maybe you are predicting a big upset . . .

You are correct...I completely spaced on White.  I'm sure he'll be in the top 3...most likely #1.

I do have one question, if anyone can answer it...

Easterling has got to be the top seed in 160...how come he is the only wrestler to not have a 1st round bye?

Oh yeah...and how is the double FF handled?  I noticed @ 152 NP & Bosse meet, both w/FF.  I figure that Ritter just automatically advances to the Semis, and I assume neither of the FF count for anything? 

OK matchick - I appreciate your picks and I agree with most of them.   This will be a lot of fun - let's see who gets the most correct out of the top 3.  We will count 3 (1's) , 2 (2s) and 1 (3's)

103:  RE, HA, MD

112:  RE, MD, MV

119:  RE, NP, MD

125:  RE, MD, NO

130:  NP, MD, RE

135:  MD, ME, RE

140:  MD, MV, RE

145:  MD, RE, MV

152:  RE, MD, CE

160:  MD, ME, RE

171:  ME, MV, MD

189:  NP, RE, NO

215:  MV, MD, RE

285:  MV, ME, MD

OK, I had to revise my 285...I had totally stapled over White and didn't even think about him.  Other than that...my picks stay the same.  We'll have to see how it all pans out...but overall we look pretty close.

If I may, I will provide a preview for at least one glaring omission that Jon H will probably point out.  You have completely missed White at 285.  It would probably be considered an upset if he does not finish 1st.  Maybe you are predicting a big upset . . .

You are correct...I completely spaced on White.  I'm sure he'll be in the top 3...most likely #1.

Easterling has got to be the top seed in 160...how come he is the only wrestler to not have a 1st round bye?

Oh yeah...and how is the double FF handled?  I noticed @ 152 NP & Bosse meet, both w/FF.  I figure that Ritter just automatically advances to the Semis, and I assume neither of the FF count for anything? 

Who gets the match instead of one of the byes is totally random. If he really is the best guy in the weight it is to his teams advantage for him to have that match instead of a bye. The guys with a first round bye will not get any team points in the first round unless they win the second round match. If they win the second round match they will get two advancement points for the bye from round one. The winner of the match in round one will get two advancement points from that match and also has a chance to get one bonus point for a major decision, one and a half bonus points for a tech. fall, and two points for a fall, forfeit, DQ, or injury default.  

The top six wrestlers are seeded.

Who gets the match instead of one of the byes is totally random. If he really is the best guy in the weight it is to his teams advantage for him to have that match instead of a bye. The guys with a first round bye will not get any team points in the first round unless they win the second round match. If they win the second round match they will get two advancement points for the bye from round one. The winner of the match in round one will get two advancement points from that match and also has a chance to get one bonus point for a major decision, one and a half bonus points for a tech. fall, and two points for a fall, forfeit, DQ, or injury default.  

The top six wrestlers are seeded.

Yeah, I knew it was an advantage in a way (advancement ponts), but wasn't sure how it all played out.  It just seemed so odd that he was the only wrestler w/out a 1st round bye.  Thanks for the info.

Matchick,

I just realized my last post was #100 - give me a wahoo!!  I would normally get some love from Bluebolt - but  he must be without power - I havn't heard from him in a while :(

You are now, officially, a semi-state qualifier...wahoo!!

Your 2009 Evansville Sectional Finishing Order Guesses...

285: White, Borkowski, Benedict, VanWinkle

215:  Ruggeri, Kercher, Sandwith, Benedict

189:  Price, Fentress, Carisle, Adams

171:  Wedding, Choate, Lovelace, Boots

160:  Easterling, Wagner, Little, Edge

152:  Ritter, King, Bittner, Colvecchia

145:  Zenthoefer, Marshall, Prasek, Boyle

140:  Sims, Hoehn, Steele, Voegel

135:  DeHaven, Weinzapfel, Hufford, Dowdy

130:  Girthen, Chamberlin, King, Wolf

125:  Reuger, Henderson, Konrath, Sulawske

119:  Johns, Schroeder, Meliff, Hoehn

112:  Moody, Leimkuhler, Adler, Mathies

103:  Kuhn, Hall, Appell, Turi

*  I have only see the Posey County Schools a couple of times and am not sure I have see the full Mt Vernon Varsity on the mat...They have the ability to make some noise!

103 ER, EH, MD, EC

112 ER, MD, MV, EC

119 ER, NP, MD, MV

125 ER, MV, MD, NO

130 NP, EC, MV, MD

135MD, EM, MV,NO

140MD, MV, ER, NO

145 MV, MD, ER, EM

152 MD, EC, ER, EM

160 MD, NP, MV, ER

171 EM, MV,MD, ER

189 NO, NP,  MD, ER

215 MV, MD, EM, ER

285 MV, EM, MD  ER

Thw Evansville sectional wrestlers will recieve a additional 2 pound allowance?

I would assume so since they have not been in school since Monday they would be allowed the 2 pounds...I just hope they are smart enought to not need it.

Boots and Choate is no real surprise...I mean the 2 & 3 seed are basically the same thing. My guess is neither coach would mind as long as they are there. But to compare the two Choate majored Lovelace and Boots stuck him. Off of that I'd say Boots gets the nod as the #2, but they both deserve to be where they are at. Should be an excellent match.

112 has really gone unnoticed, but it is as deep as 125. These kids are all within a few points of each other all year long, from top to bottom this weight is competitve.

How about Wolfe going 130 and shaking up the seeds?

What has happened to Melliff? His stock kind of took a hit this year.

125 is worth the price of admission. Rueger has to breathe a sigh of relief to be opposite of Hend & Konrath....until he sees he still has to get passed Sulawske....wow this bracket is deep!

215 should be real exciting too. A beats B, B beats C, and so on and so on during the year...these guys will be "dukin it out" all day from 1st to 4th.

i  agree 125 is worth the price od admission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boots and Choate is no real surprise...I mean the 2 & 3 seed are basically the same thing. My guess is neither coach would mind as long as they are there. But to compare the two Choate majored Lovelace and Boots stuck him. Off of that I'd say Boots gets the nod as the #2, but they both deserve to be where they are at. Should be an excellent match.

112 has really gone unnoticed, but it is as deep as 125. These kids are all within a few points of each other all year long, from top to bottom this weight is competitve.

How about Wolfe going 130 and shaking up the seeds?

What has happened to Melliff? His stock kind of took a hit this year.

125 is worth the price of admission. Rueger has to breathe a sigh of relief to be opposite of Hend & Konrath....until he sees he still has to get passed Sulawske....wow this bracket is deep!

215 should be real exciting too. A beats B, B beats C, and so on and so on during the year...these guys will be "dukin it out" all day from 1st to 4th.

i  agree 125 is worth the price od admission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like your approach a lot better than last week. With all due respect to you, your putting a lot of pressure on your little bro when you make posts like last week, he's a stud and just needs to wrestle......and block everything else out. Good Luck to all wrestlers!!

103 RE HA MD CE

112 MD RE CE ME

119 RE MD MV ME

125 RE MV MD NO

130 NO MD MV CE

135 ME MD NO RE

140 MD MV RE NO

145 MD MV RE ME

152 MD RE ME MV

160 MD ME NP MV

171 ME MV MD RE

189 NP RE NO MD

215 MD MV RE ME

285 MV ME MD CE

MD gets all 14 out, Reitz gets 11 out, Mt. Vernon 10, and Memorial 9--> RE, MV, and ME have a few spoilers that I did not have advancing that could pull off a few upsets. Good luck to all. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.