Logansport Regional

ontherise219

codplayer :

ha r u kidding me about your pick for the 215 bracket??

haha Tolle is a just a beast on the mat a man among boys.. he will win the Reagional.

ha you have the delphi kid winning no way he'll be lucky to make the championship round he will have his hands full with MARQUEZ from NW it the semi finals and you have the kid from winimac finishing 3rd???? ha hes lucky to even be in the regional if Kramer from frontier wrestled in the sectional he wouldn't have even qualified... Marquez won the Midwest Conference the kid from Winamac finsihed 3 or 4 i believe... ha so yea your 215 projections makes me laugh.

Have you watched Yoakum from Delphi Wrestle?........... cause I have watched him wrestle since he started and I can tell you right nowhe wants  Tolle so bad he gave Tolle everything he wanted last year and wants a another  chance at him!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DelphiHWT :

I've only seen 3 meets this year.. That?s part of being a MARINE big guy Sacrifices... I wish I could see every meet but I can't im out here in California training 4 war.. That?s what I do. But I can promise you that DAVID MARQUEZ my little brother is no push over and he has more heart than 99% of the people I know.. And ive never seen anybody work as hard as he has the last 4 years.. He went from being a non-starter of the football team to a 2 time 1st team all state player.. And went from a barely 500. Wrestler his freshman year to a Midwest Conference Champion and a number 2 seed this weekend at the regional.. Ive seen the most athletic kids that are superb wrestlers get beat not because they were wrestling better opponents but because the other guy just had more heart... so I can promise you that just because your guy from Delphi is a number 1 seed going in doesn?t make him a guarantee to be in the finals this weekend.. he better tighten his shoes and strap up that headgear because he will have 2 win a BRAWL against My brother to advance to the finals... so don?t take any of this as dis respect your 215 might be the next Cameron Baines a Delphi great.. But my brother is my brother and know him better than anyone and I know how good of a wrestler he has become and how much heart he has.. And ill take a kid with heart and desire over a superb athlete any day of the week..

so no sense in continuing this argument regional?s is Saturday so we will juts have 2 see what happens. Good luck to everybody.. Wrestle your best and as hard as you can.. Cuz when it?s all over and high school is done all u will have left are these memories.. And you will miss this great sport like crazy... so once again good luck to all and may the best man win.

havent been to many meets this year but here it goes

103-

1. Overby, Har

2. Weise, Bc

3. Rehn, Wc

4. Latta, Tl

112-

1. Floyd, Del

2. Schrader, Cc

3. Summers, Tl

4. Johnson, Pio

119-

1. Trujilo, Jeff

2. Cataldo, Log

3. Back, Del

4. Louks, McC

125-

1. Penn, Har

2. Hicks, Seg

3. Contreras, Log

4. Faler, Wc

130-

1.  Mctigue, Del

2. Craft, Seg

3. Holloway, Caston

4. Rohrabaugh, Log

135-

1.  Son, Har

2. Flyn, Wl

3. Dale, McC

4. Dorris, Pio

140-

1. Lynde, Del

2. Grayson, Jeff

3. Mullet, Wc

4. Krantz, Har

145-

1. Evers, Har

2. Back, Del

3. Wagoner, Pio

4. McMenamin, Caston

152-

1. Minix, Win

2. Russel, NW

3. Winkle, Tl

4. Miller, McC

160-

1. Dale, McC

2. Crider, Har

3. Delaney, Del

4. Martinez, Jeff

171-

1. Atwood, Del

2. Bell, Sn

3. McCoy, McC

4. Kepner, Bc

189-

1. Kaufman, Ren

2. Kepner, Bc

3. Shidler, Win

4. Clawson, Del

215-

1. Yoakum, Del

2. Tolle, Lc

3. Tolson Win

4. Marquez, Nw

Hwt-

1. Evert, Del

2. Clark, Log

3. Dix, Win

4. Mukai, Seg

Yea it was a nice mullet :)but how do you figure the seeger kid beats the fox kid from pioneer ???They have wrestled twice  both 1-1 against each other but fox beat him last and stuck him and the first time the only reason he beat fox cause fox is short (although he took him down)  got rolled cause the kid is skinny :D so fox can has a good shot at placing if not in the finals and he can beat the dix kid if  not the clark kid cause he is a better wrestler just not physically as big!

jucie-jucie :

haha if this kid was so good why did he not make it too the finals at conference?? didnt he get beat by kramer?? and marquez pinned kramer twice thie year... but i wish they could wrestle one more time just 2 shut u guys up.. but Tolsen will more than likey get knocked out his 1st match but if some miracle he wins and loses his 2nd match and marquez loses his 2nd match then they will wrestle off for 3rd & 4th.. and if that does happen marquez will pin tolsen again and then everybody can shut up...

devildog no disrespect but man i cant argue either way it was a thriller match  and either way both wrestlers are fairly decent and even if tolson were to lose a rematch (whitch i think is very likely to happen and i have to go with tolson on the rematch) both advance and thats the name of the game any way so congrats to both wrestlers on advancing

i believe the Lynde Grayson match was 4-3 or 5-3 not positive, but lynde controlled almost all of the match, the lone takedown grayson got was on a mistake made by lynde

now that we are on to topic of 140 its a shame rowe wasnt at sectionals i was looking forward to a lynde/rowe finals at regionals would have been a very great match any north white kids on here know if hes ok (keep him in your prayers)

103 -Rehn West Central

112- Floyd Delphi

119- Cataldo Logansport

125- Penn Harrison

130- McTigue Delphi

135- Dorris Pioneer

140- Lynde Delphi

145- Back Delphi

152- Minix Winamac

160-Dale McCutcheon

171- Atwood Delphi

189- Shidler Winamac

215-Tolle Lewis Cass

285- Everett Delphi

i believe the Lynde Grayson match was 4-3 or 5-3 not positive, but lynde controlled almost all of the match, the lone takedown grayson got was on a mistake made by lynde

now that we are on to topic of 140 its a shame rowe wasnt at sectionals i was looking forward to a lynde/rowe finals at regionals would have been a very great match any north white kids on here know if hes ok (keep him in your prayers)

what happened to Lowe from North White?

DelphiHWT :

I've only seen 3 meets this year.. That?s part of being a MARINE big guy Sacrifices... I wish I could see every meet but I can't im out here in California training 4 war.. That?s what I do. But I can promise you that DAVID MARQUEZ my little brother is no push over and he has more heart than 99% of the people I know.. And ive never seen anybody work as hard as he has the last 4 years.. He went from being a non-starter of the football team to a 2 time 1st team all state player.. And went from a barely 500. Wrestler his freshman year to a Midwest Conference Champion and a number 2 seed this weekend at the regional.. Ive seen the most athletic kids that are superb wrestlers get beat not because they were wrestling better opponents but because the other guy just had more heart... so I can promise you that just because your guy from Delphi is a number 1 seed going in doesn?t make him a guarantee to be in the finals this weekend.. he better tighten his shoes and strap up that headgear because he will have 2 win a BRAWL against My brother to advance to the finals... so don?t take any of this as dis respect your 215 might be the next Cameron Baines a Delphi great.. But my brother is my brother and know him better than anyone and I know how good of a wrestler he has become and how much heart he has.. And ill take a kid with heart and desire over a superb athlete any day of the week..

so no sense in continuing this argument regional?s is Saturday so we will juts have 2 see what happens. Good luck to everybody.. Wrestle your best and as hard as you can.. Cuz when it?s all over and high school is done all u will have left are these memories.. And you will miss this great sport like crazy... so once again good luck to all and may the best man win.

First off Devildog I want to thank you for your service to our country, and the sacrafices that you make. It is beacuse of you brave service men that we can get on these meassage boards and have our own opinions. So again Thank you.

Ok so You Know Marquez better then anyone I can agree with that 100% cause Yoakum is my little brother, and I feel the same way about him he along with the rest of the Delphi team they have a ton of heart! I can not say anything  about your brother cause I have not seen him wrestle. All I know is if he has as much heart as you say it will be one hell of a semi-final match. Wish you could be there to see it!

Did you go to NW also? cause when I was in school NW was in our sectional at Twin Lakes.

DelphiHWT:

Thank you for your patriotism. And I wrestled on Team Indiana, 15 and under when I was 15 and we wrestled in Illinois we finished 5th as a team of I believe 20 other states. One of the members of my team was Indiana stud Andrew Howe. I wrestled at North Judson my freshman year at 215 and finished the regular season 30-8 and 2 of my losses came too Chris Kasten from Winamac im sure you the Beast and 2 more came from Miles Hiteman a SQ. I finished 3rd at the Laporte Sectional and 4th at the Laporte regional. One match short of Semi-State. The laporte Regional is one of the toughest in the state, a high % of the wrestlers that come out of the laporte Regional Finish top 4 at the Merriville Semi- State and become SQ. My sophomore year I wrestled at NW, I bounced back and 4th between HW and 215 most of the year but finally was able to stay at 215 the last few weeks of the season I finished 2nd at MWC but my coach didn?t think I would be able to make the 215 by sectional so he put me in the HW bracket I was pissed but what could I do. I didn?t make it out of sectional that year had a horrible seed and had to wrestle this big guy from Logansport named Winegardner my 1st match and got beat I was 210 wrestling a guy who was 250. He went to semi-state that year.  It was a bad day.. Then my junior and senior year I tore my ACL during football season and missed wrestling season it sucked? and to make things worse one of the guys I had dominated my whole life was a SQ my junior year, Bryon Powlen from Caston.. To know that you couldn?t wrestle and one of the guys that you beat over and over your whole life was a SQ really sucked. But at the end of the day that?s Life man ***potty mouth*** happens that you can?t do anything about. So ne way when did u wrestle at Delphi?? I had a few friends from D when I was in school. Brothers, Garrison, Dunbar you know those guys?? Did you wrestle for Atwood?? Is he still coaching? I Know he?s not the baseball coach anymore not sure if he?s still coaching wrestling.  I?m sure he loves watchin Braden dominate the State. Ha that kid is tough.

DevilDog

Yea Atwood is still the coach and he is the reason I wrestled in HS haha! I know all those boys they were a couple years younger than me I believe they were freshmen when I was a senior I had the great opportunity of wrestling Jon Sandberg, and if I may brag on myself I knocked him out of sectional my junior year! it was a total fluke I was un seeded with a sub 500 record I just caught him! I also had the opportunity of Wrestling Kasten, Kasten actually bumped up to wrestle me and made me look like a fool he was my only loss that day at the Winamac super 6 and the only reason why I wasnt champ still a little bitter over that one haha! I wrestled one of the Powlen boys from Caston there were 2 of them! Well I look forward to some great wrestling saturday wish you could be there so I could introduce myself!

P.S. My best friend is a Marine so I have a small understanding of what you have been through and when I say small I mean very small

The logansport regional does not get much love but this year i think we will have a solid group who will finish top 4 and qualify for the state finals. The Atwood kid from Delphi and the rowe kid from North White will walk through the regional and the minnix kid from Winimac is solid too but he does have a little more competition than the other 2. I think Russel from NW will finsh 2 at both sectional and regional along with NW 215 David Marquez ,Brady Tolle was number 2 at regional and did not wrestle at the semi state last year i'm still not sure why did he get hurt or something?? ? Either way he is a tough kid so i have him and Marquez finishing 1 and 2 at both sectional and regional. The Kramer  kid frontier is not bad either i wouldnt be suprised 2 see those 3 guys finish top 4 at regional with the kid from Delphi fininshing 3rd. Well at the end of the day the rankings and records don't mean anything it all comes down to the 3 D's. DISCIPLINE, DESIRE, & DETERMINATION. OOH RAH LOGANSPORT REGIONAL LEST MAKE SOME NOISE UP AT THE PIRATES SEMI-STATE!!!!

I hate to disagree with a fellow Marine but..... I dont think anyone will be walking through this Reg. with the exception being Attackwood (but he will be tested) and at 140 there will be a few surprises in store at this one!!!!

DelphiHWT

Haha Jon Sandberg.. he was a MANCHILD and he was the only reason I ever wrestled I was a little 6th grader and had not one intention of ever wrestling but Jon was like GOD Football Star Wrestling Star so one day in the hallway he saw me and asked me why I wasn?t on the wrestling team I had just said I don't know and he said well you should be. Ha so the next day I went and talked to the coach and I was on the team..  A few years later I was an undefeated middle schooler and Jon was a senior and ranked number 2 in the State at HWT so everyday I would have my middle school practice and then go up and wrestle with the varsity... Jon would dominate me but he is the reason I was the wrestler I was.. He is a great guy. He?s now helping out my brother and has been coming in the last few weeks 2 wrestle with him. I?m hoping his skill and knowledge of the sport rubs off on my brother and he can do some damage this weekend. and yea The Powlen kid I wrestled was Andy Powlens little brother Andy was the HWT you wrestled he was a stud but Brian his little brother broke all his wrestling records and Track Records both were SQ in in Track and Field and Andy threw at Georgia Tech.  Wow it?s a small world.. And yea Atwood is hilarious I worked with him at the Indiana beach campground in H.S. ha good times I wish I could be there this weekend too miss the sport like crazy? and sucks not being there seeing my little brother excel in all his athletics his senior season..

inmarine77

Semper Fi there Teufel Hunden. Ha and the only 2 guys I had dominating the regional were Rowe from NW and Atwood from Delphi.. Atwood will dominate his weight class and if Rowe could have wrestled he would have too... it?s sad that Rowe can?t be there.. Just a bad situation.. Prayers go out to his family. I know them real well. Tough time for them. But hopefully Travis can bounce back from this and return for a stellar senior season. 

You are not kidding he was a MANCHILD he was very large and very strong!!!! Andy was a SQ really? I dominated him! So that is intresting to me! I just wish I had the time to work with my little brother and BIG wes like I use to! I will def. get on here and update you on what is going on!

I was not aware of the Rowe situation but we will keep him in our prayers... devildog I know what it is like to be gone when your lil brother is back home wrestlin in the tournament it sucks so bad, my brother Ty Sloan wrestled basically his whole career while I was station in the stumps and Cherry Point. Man I hated that, although for two years straight I drove 12 hours to watch wrestling 4 weekends in a row!!

Semper Fi Brother

inmarine

I love that attackwood I have never heard that before haha he is a MANCHILD also! what is funny is I can remember the first time he lost in USA Wrestling hell I can remember the first time he got pinned he was so pissed!!!

Yeah I think that Attackwood is pretty appropriate for Braden, not only is he a beast but he is a real good kid. One of my other lil brothers Ethan is done for this year so now my attention Goes to the Delphi team. I cant wait to watch these guys battle.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.