6minutes

I respect rankings guys choices very logical, but just because someone is not ranked number one does not mean he can't do better then the number one ranked wrestler. My bet is on Harper he will fix his mistakes and wrestle even harder to prove all of his doubters wrong. Theres a reason he won state 3 times its obvious he's a great wrestler.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect rankings guys choices very logical, but just because someone is not ranked number one does not mean he can't do better then the number one ranked wrestler. My bet is on Harper he will fix his mistakes and wrestle even harder to prove all of his doubters wrong. Theres a reason he won state 3 times its obvious he's a great wrestler.

Thanks for the kind words, wrestlinggirl,  ;) and I agree, he may very well win this weight class.

I don't think anyone has any doubt that Harper can win another  state title,  the only doubt is can a hurt Josh Harper win a state title in a weight class that is turning out to be very competitive.  Harper is still the man to beat but he just had a bad 2 weeks.

You do an Awesome JOB, RG!  That why I made you a surprise! lol....you'll have to wait and see, probably later tonight once Y2 is done making his nightly adjustments to the site!

a SURPRISE?!?!?! for ME?!?! i can hardly wait  ;D  you do awesome work for the site too guy, thanks

You do an Awesome JOB, RG!  That why I made you a surprise! lol....you'll have to wait and see, probably later tonight once Y2 is done making his nightly adjustments to the site!

thats kinda scary and weird

no need to be scared or weirded out....i'm not on any list or anything! lol

a SURPRISE?!?!?! for ME?!?! i can hardly wait  ;D  you do awesome work for the site too guy, thanks

Thank You!

Neither Sampson Cook nor D'marcus Spencer have accomplished what Frankie Porras has, and therefore the rankings should have been left the same.  Why does Porras move to fourth? He has one loss on the season whereas Spencer has 2.  Sure he lost by fewer points to Cashe, but a loss is a loss.  He was also Cashes partner in the room for two years, I wonder if he was exposed to Cashes styles or tendencies. Was he a runner-up, qualifier, sophomore all american and fargo all american? And Cook has one huge win under his belt. Good thing these things don't mean anything.  Looking forward to the 130 lb class at state. Harper and Porras next weekend at the Hobart Invite... I'll meet ya!

Neither Sampson Cook nor D'marcus Spencer have accomplished what Frankie Porras has, and therefore the rankings should have been left the same.  Why does Porras move to fourth? He has one loss on the season whereas Spencer has 2.  Sure he lost by fewer points to Cashe, but a loss is a loss.  He was also Cashes partner in the room for two years, I wonder if he was exposed to Cashes styles or tendencies. Was he a runner-up, qualifier, sophomore all american and fargo all american? And Cook has one huge win under his belt. Good thing these things don't mean anything.  Looking forward to the 130 lb class at state. Harper and Porras next weekend at the Hobart Invite... I'll meet ya!

No need to get worked up, no one is saying Porras isnt a great wrestler, but Cook di beat Harper so he deserves to be in front of him, Spencer has looked very impressive this year, and Harper is still a 3X champ, 3 pretty good kids to be behind if you ask me

But you are right, the rankings dont mean anything and I am sure Mr. Porras will show us all how good he is in Febuary

I'm sure I got a boo coming for this one ! At nationals don't it depend on the draw ! Cook got 5th , Spencer 7th ! Did they both have common opponents  ? Did they both lose to the same guy or did one beat the guy who beat the other ?  I see this arguement and it makes no sense to me ! Yes it's great to place at fargo , but what does that have to do with this season in Indiana high school wrestling ? Harper 3x champ ! Yet he don't have high credentials at nationals ! Yet is a monster here at high school wrestling in Indiana ! As for Porras ! A great wrestler , but he looked like he was struggling with Cashe at Al Smith tourney ! Spencer was there with Cashe throughout the match not once but twice ! So I can see why Spencer gets the nod over Porras ! Not sure about over Harper though ! Harper lost to Cashe by one point and lost to Cook ! That's just my take on this 130 debate !

well harper lost both matches at 130 cash bumped up to wrestle him and porras...and bumped twice to wrestle spencer.... i got an idea just rank cash #1 at 125 and 130 then none of you cry babies could complain about the top guy....other than doing that the rankings i believe are correct harper is not the top guy this year big deal he is still going down as one of the greatest indiana high school wrestlers of all time...winning state 3x's and prolly 3rd as a senior that would be a high school carreer that no one can dispute but as far as being ranked #1 plain and simple he is not the top guy this year end of story GET OVER IT

well harper lost both matches at 130 cash bumped up to wrestle him and porras...and bumped twice to wrestle spencer.... i got an idea just rank cash #1 at 125 and 130 then none of you cry babies could complain about the top guy....other than doing that the rankings i believe are correct harper is not the top guy this year big deal he is still going down as one of the greatest indiana high school wrestlers of all time...winning state 3x's and prolly 3rd as a senior that would be a high school carreer that no one can dispute but as far as being ranked #1 plain and simple he is not the top guy this year end of story GET OVER IT

We'll see at state.

"CRY BABIES , GET OVER IT ! "  Someone is a little offensive ! Personally I don't care who is ranked where ! What counts is state ! That's when we  find out who truly is the best ! My post was just my opinion ! Everybody sees it different . The point I was pointing out is why are some people trying to add Fargo credentials to Indiana high school wrestling ? I would rate  Harper two , but that's me !  Big deal ! I'm not gonna put others down for their opinions !

WOW :o  I think someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  I wouldn't call people posting their opinions them being cry babies,  and if so you just posted yours!  We live in the Great ol' USA and everyone is entitled to their own. I do agree wth you on one thing though.....  a possible hurt Josh harper might not be the best 130lb. kid in the state.  I would't be surprised if he won his 4th title though.  Should be a great match next weekend between him and Porras at Hobart,  if they don't hold Harper out to try to heal him up a little before the state tournment.

Clearly we have a group of 4 (or even more) wrestlers in this weight class who are essentially even and any one could beat the other on a given day so here is what we have to do...

Force each wrestler to wrestler the other three at least 500 times (like a Monte Carlo Simuation) keep record of how many times each defeated the other and then look at overall record vs the others ranked in the top four.  Then and only then will we know who should be ranked #1 at 130lbs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.