140-JC,FC,Jeff

145-Jeff,FC,NA

152-FC,Jeff,CE

160-Open to Me, Don't see any standouts

171-FC,Jeff,JC

189-Jeff

215-Don't see any standouts here really

285-Jeff,NA,JC

I gotta say that for 160 if I remember right the kid from jc went undefeated at duals, pretty sure but not positive

My Ind. Picks (TOP 3)

103-Jeff,NA,FC

112-Jeff,Mad,FC

119-NA,Jeff,CE

125-NA,Jeff,FC

130-JC,NA,Jeff

135-FC,NA,Mad

140-JC,FC,Jeff

145-Jeff,FC,NA

152-FC,Jeff,CE

160-Open to Me, Don't see any standouts

171-FC,Jeff,JC

189-Jeff

215-Don't see any standouts here really

285-Jeff,NA,JC

I don't think some of your predictions have any merrit.

103 CE pinned both NA and FC in less than a minute.

112 CE pinned FC in less than a minute and is the defending 103 conference champion.

160 JC was undefeated at duals and CE pinned all others.

189 JC kid is pretty good but probably won't beat Jeff

If someone would have watched many of the HHC dual match ups or looked at the results  they would have a decent idea of what should occur in the HHC championships.  Aside from a few match ups the seeding will be very similar to the dual results.

Since The Duals, I know there has been a lot of weight class changes.Maybe  Some varsity line up changes due to wrestle offs. Maybe Some people that were ineligible that didn't wrestle. Don't look at the duals, that was the beginning of the season. You need to watch these kids wrestle at Jeff Classic, Or Mater Dei, Or Mooresville, Of Invites and things. Looking at the results and being there to watch some matches changed a lot of things.

While a agree there are a few changes that will effect weight classes, I don't think their will be as many as you seem to indicate.  Their are several people that did extremely well on the duals that you don't even have as the third best in the same weight class.  Head to head competition still is the best way to determine who should do well at HHCs and plenty of those matches did occur at the duals.

In terms of my team: Last I check a few of my guys (like a few others teams guys) did do well head to head at the duals, and they aren't on his list either.  So it looks like they aren't being given much credit by others,  since I have said nothing specifically about my team.  But, this type of stuff is always good Bullitin Board reading material to motivate a few of them.   As for the rest of my team they will need to step up a heck of a lot more if they want to do well at HHCs based on their dual results.  Just like several other wrestlers in the HHC will have to do the same based on their results so far.  Everyone who watch HHC duals knows this, the coaches know it, and the kids know it too.  My guys have been working hard and doing what is needed to improve on their HHC dual results.  However, we will have to wait and see if they have worked hard enough to earn some of that credit back in a few week. 

As for me, I'm not here to hype my team or talk down on another team or individual.  I don't need hype anyone on my team every chance I get on here.  They know how I feel and they will get the credit they earn on the mat.  I'll leave all that individual and team "hype" and "trash talk" to someone else who feels they need to do that .   I hope all of these wrestlers in the HHC understand they have to step on the mat and earn the credit they deserve not just accepting someone message board hype as being "credit."  I know Coach Struck  and most of the other HHC coaches well enough to know that they would  have a very similar stance on that one, c-red. 

As I pointed out though the best way to determine who should do well at this event is head to head competition since that is how we seed everyone for the event anyway.  If a better way exists please bring it up to the Conference so we can rewrite the way we seed the HHC duals.  However as I have already mentioned "that is the best way to determine who SHOULD do well."  Should do well does not mean that is what automatically will occur.  If placement was just based on seeding (i.e. what should happen) then why bother wrestling this event in the first place.

i agree that there is a lot of individuals out there who may have improve a heck of a lot since the duals. I made my picks according to what I have seen. Don't count anybody out of a HHC title, I have been around a long enough time to see it. Records don't really matter to me, It's who a kid has beaten or how good of a match he gave a REALLY good kid. Potential is the KEY word in wrestling to me. And I have see A LOT of it in this conference.

my top 3 picks

103:jeff, CE, FC

112:jeff, CE, mad

119:na,CE, Jeff

125:Jeff FC,NA

130:Jc,NA, Jeff

135:FC, NA, mad

140:jeff,fc,jc

145:jeff,fc,na

152:FC, Jeff, CE

160:JC, CE

171:CE,FC, Jeff

189:jeff,jc,

215:BNL, jeff, mad

285:jeff, Sey,jc

no particular order

looks like jeff wins there to. we all know which team knows where the weight room is! former college wrestlers, areana league player, powerlifters.....

[i predict there is a tie!  yes you read that correct a tie! between FC and Jeff and the coaches have to battle it out in a tag team match. No holds barred! quote]

Crabride 1..............My bet is on the fc coaches. 

special match with donnie baker and c-red.  Loser leaves town.

looks like jeff wins there to. we all know which team knows where the weight room is! former college wrestlers, areana league player, powerlifters.....

WHAT?! haha are you even serious about the Jeff coaches beating FC's you are insane, weight room or no weight room, FC is more technically sound than jeff.

I think they have a better chance at a wrestling match than c-red does a spelling contest!

Let these quotes help rectify the fallacy of your previous thoughts.

"Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together."  - Vincent Van Gogh

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -  Einstein

"Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance." - Samuel Johnson

I am curious, are we talking about coaching staffs or parents battling? Who is the powerlifter on th Jeff staff? You are not a powerlifter unless you have competed in a meet? What meet? What association?

Take it from a former powerlifter, being one has no effect on your ability to wrestle.

Everyone who wants to look tough is an MMA fighter now. I saw 12 at the YMCA last night, all deck in their tap out clothes and "training". We had 6 quit out team. Tough stuff!!

What coach is a PR man? What coach placed 2nd in state and wrestled varsity in the Big 10? Who was mentored by T. Howard Jones? Who was mentored by Dave Caple?

You decide!

PS. Donnie Baker was a proffessional football player, an MMA fighter, a powerlifter, a bodybuilder, a CIA operative, and dated Gossip Girl. They both left New Albany at the same time. Gossip Girl is now hanging out in Johnson Arena (soon to be renamed the Struck Dome), but Donnie Baker has not yet returned to his roots.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.