Jennings Co. Sectional

ogre

Just throwin some predictions out there before i see the brackets. I will put out others when the brackets come out.

103- Schroeder(SW) def. Reicker1(CE)

112- Taylor(MA) def. Resch(JC) then Colon(CN) def. Reicker2(CE)

119- Reicker3(CE) def. Albertson(CN) Holley(JC) 3rd

125- Reitman(JC) def. Adams(MA) Carlile(CE) 3rd Smith(BC) 4th (if Reitman goes here, would make a dominant 125)

130- Reitman(JC) def. Richey(BC) (once again IF he is here) Winters(CN) 3rd

135- Richey(BC) def. Marthin(MA) McWorter(CN) 3rd Gast(JC) 4th

140- Armand(JC) def. Milenbaugh(CN) Wojdyla(BC) 3rd Whalen(MA) 4th

145- Waddell(CN def. Chandler(MA) (if he wrestles, wasn't at conference) 3rd Heeb(CE) 4th Wathan(JC)

152- Howard(SC) def. Bryant(CE)

160- Beiswanger(JC) def. Brierly(CE)

171- Watson(CN) def. Biggs(JC) Barger(Sey) 3rd Madison kid 4th

189- Kopitzke(JC) def. Brownfield(CN) Scottsburg kid 3rd

215- Collett(JC) def. Smith(SW)

285- Gill(CN) over Caum(JC)

Team:

1.Jennings County

2. Columbus North

3. Madison

4. Columbus East

Bolded are my upsets.

Overall, i think 112 and 140 will be the most exciting weight classes. The most exciting match IMO will be at 130 if Reitman stays there between him and Quincey Richey. Jennings County is coming off of a strong HHC performance and if they wrestle like they did there i think they can upset Columbus North. It will be decided by the consolation rounds.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NoGutsNoGlory,  I think we can tell you are from Jennings County more by your predictions than by the map on your profile.  Depending on the seeding if Resch and Colon meet up in the semi's  or possibly the finals Resch won't touch him.  Your prediction seems to bank off of Rieker beating Colon, first of all its a difference of styles and second of all even if you where to look at it that way Colon was beating Rieker 6-2 before Rieker threw him.  If Reitman stays at 130 I don't see him beating Richey and didn't Barger just beat Biggs at conference, also I believe Smith will handle Collett if they meet up in the finals.  I am not trying to downplay the talent of Jennings County as they do have some really good wrestlers and as I see it two potential state qualifiers.  I am just trying to bust the dillusional bias that Jennings County is the best thing since sliced bread. (Excuse the awful cliche'....I couldn't think of anything else)

NoGutsNoGlory,  I think we can tell you are from Jennings County more by your predictions than by the map on your profile.  Depending on the seeding if Resch and Colon meet up in the semi's  or possibly the finals Resch won't touch him.  Your prediction seems to bank off of Rieker beating Colon, first of all its a difference of styles and second of all even if you where to look at it that way Colon was beating Rieker 6-2 before Rieker threw him.  If Reitman stays at 130 I don't see him beating Richey and didn't Barger just beat Biggs at conference, also I believe Smith will handle Collett if they meet up in the finals.  I am not trying to downplay the talent of Jennings County as they do have some really good wrestlers and as I see it two potential state qualifiers.  I am just trying to bust the dillusional bias that Jennings County is the best thing since sliced bread. (Excuse the awful cliche'....I couldn't think of anything else)

I am soley basing my predictions off of how the guys are wrestling recently other than Biggs. I based Resch more off of how he wrestled Taylor and somewhat of how he controlled the entire match against Reicker. 112 will for sure be the deepest weight class as i can see any of the top 4 placing anywhere 1-4. Reitman can beat Richey if he slows the pace of the match down and doesnt get cradled. I clearly stated that i picked Collett as an upset as i have alot of confidence and am very impressed with the young man. And yes, Barger did beat Biggs but Biggs has also beatin him like 100 times in the past 2 years and he was just done for the day after a good match with Browner until he got caught. It is not delusional bias, its called hope. I in no way insinuated they are the best thing since sliced bread. I just think the team is coming on strong at the end of the year and showed that by my predictions. Someone sounds a little bitter.

to nogutsnoglory

if you really watched the way Resch wrestled Taylor then you would know that he was coached very well for that one match  they wrestled each other like 8 times last year  with Taylor winning all of them    with so many matches you are bound to have a close one  and start to learn you opponent      but Joey Resch did a great job of stalling his butt off against Taylor to keep it close and by overtime he was completly spent and had no gas left  he wrestled the best match possible to give himself a chance to win and as far as beating reiker of east    i saw that coming as well my prediction for the paper thin weight class will be  Taylor  Colon  Resch  Reiker    with possibly all four moving on to semi state  (will take a great match from Reiker vs Miracle though)

To grenadier

These are predicitons.  And if you really think Resch cant touch colon I BELIEVE you are wrong.  Its just my OPINION Resch hasnt figured his style out and is capable of being a VERY good wrestler.  Im not by any means sayin he can beat colon (although i think its possible). 

to Greek Wrestler

you said Resch stalled his butt of to keep it close...i didnt see the match but did he get a stalling call? if not he must have been doin somethin.  And Resch has definitely not yet wrestled the best match he can possibly wrestle.  I have a high opinion of him seein as how i have worked with him a little bit so yes you can say i am biased but I am positive of my statements.

bwillis10,

How do you thing the seeding will work out for 112 at JC? I think that will be important to the winner of this sectional. I have not had the chance to follow all these wrestlers but I know that a has beat b and b has beat c and maybe not all of them have wrestled each other.

That might be a good topic..... Funny momets or comments at seeding meetings..... I bet there would be some good stories there.

bwillis10,

How do you thing the seeding will work out for 112 at JC? I think that will be important to the winner of this sectional. I have not had the chance to follow all these wrestlers but I know that a has beat b and b has beat c and maybe not all of them have wrestled each other.

That might be a good topic..... Funny momets or comments at seeding meetings..... I bet there would be some good stories there.

Taylor has beaten both Resch and Rieker but not wrestled Colon.

Colon has beaten Resch and lost to Rieker but not wrestled Taylor.

Resch has lost to Taylor and Colon but beaten Rieker.

Rieker has lost to Taylor and Resch and beaten Colon.

Between Taylor and Colon I'm not sure of all of the common opponents.  Both have beaten Resch and Both have beaten Smith (Jeff) but Smith has also beaten Taylor 2 times.

In my opinion it will come down to overall record.  In that case I think Colon wil get the #1 seed then Taylor will be #2, Resch #3 and Rieker #4.  Of course it is possible it could change again because Resch and Rieker will go at each other again next weekend.

Bwillis10, I am not saying Resch isn't a good wrestler as he has gained leaps and bounds since last year, but I also BELIEVE he won't come within 4 points when he wrestles Colon.  I'm not trying to bash him by any means, he will be a VERY good wrestler in the near future.  This is my OPINION and it is not biased.

bwillis10,

Taylor will be 1.  After that I think whichever coach argues the longest for their wrestler will get the better seed.  It comes down to head to head before overall record then they say common opponents but in this instance it could go anyway.  I find it hard to believe Colon wont get the 2 seed tho.

bwillis10,

Taylor has beaten both Resch and Rieker but not wrestled Colon.

Colon has beaten Resch and lost to Rieker but not wrestled Taylor.

Resch has lost to Taylor and Colon but beaten Rieker.

Rieker has lost to Taylor and Resch and beaten Colon.

Between Taylor and Colon I'm not sure of all of the common opponents.  Both have beaten Resch and Both have beaten Smith (Jeff) but Smith has also beaten Taylor 2 times.

In my opinion it will come down to overall record.  In that case I think Colon wil get the #1 seed then Taylor will be #2, Resch #3 and Rieker #4.  Of course it is possible it could change again because Resch and Rieker will go at each other again next weekend.

I agree the match there will decide the seed Reiker or Resch will get.  So I will just about bet its Taylor, Colon, Reiker/Resch whoever wins next weekend

he is at 103 not 112.  his Sect. Title will not play a factor in seeding.  it only matters for the returner at the same weight class.  Fran was runner-up behind Richey

I think it only matters if you are the returning champion in the same weight class.

Here are the seeding criteria;

a. Head to head competition

b. Record against common opponents

c. a returning champion or runner-up in the same weight class

d. best overall record

By this I would think it prob would go to Taylor because A. doesn't apply but B. does he has a better record against common opponents.  If they had the same record against common opponents then it would then go to C. I would imagine and Colon would get the one seed.

Here are the seeding criteria;

a. Head to head competition

b. Record against common opponents

c. a returning champion or runner-up in the same weight class

d. best overall record

By this I would think it prob would go to Taylor because A. doesn't apply but B. does he has a better record against common opponents.  If they had the same record against common opponents then it would then go to C. I would imagine and Colon would get the one seed.

Thanks tskin.

Taylor has lost to Smith 2 times, so that may be a factor for the #1 seed also.  This will be an interesting weight class to seed and to see how it plays out on sectional Saturday.

My guess is the seeds will go

1. Colon

2. Reiker

3. Taylor

4. Resch

I think that Resch, Reiker, amd Taylor will meet up this weekend at Milan unless the teams have changed that go there. If Reiker beats taylor and Resch he will have to be the 1 seed. That is a tall order, but he is up to it. That is the only way i see Colon not getting the one seed. Taylor can beat reiker if he wants the 2, but i dont see it going any higher than that.

I was wondering if STARSMAN was going to make any guarantees on this board like he did the Times Mail then proceed to get whalloped by Mitchell??

?Overconfidence - Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.?

Congratulations to the Mitchell squad! Hard work and determination paid off (66-16).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.