Cashe

6minutes

He has beaten alot of quality kids so far this year.  He is not dominating them.  Not even close to most dominant wrestler ever.  Herbert and Metcalf were dominating midlands.  Howe dominated last year.  That's my definition of it anyways.

maybe not the most dominate ever but if cashe makes it thru this year unscathed wont it have to be one of, if not, the best year ever by anyone in indiana? look at all the top level competitors hes taken on this year without a loss. maybe not dominate but deff amazing

FIRST OF ALL LET MY SAY THIS CASHE DID WIN TODAY 2-1 HE HAS BEATEN ALOT OF GREAT WRESTLERS THIS YEAR.  BUT, FOR GOD SAKES CAN SOMEBODY BESIDES MHS FANS GIVE HARPER SOME CREDIT FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE IN HIS CAREER.  3X TIME STATE CHAMP WHO HAS BEATEN  PORRAS, CASH MORE THEN ONCE, BROOKS WARSAW 5X'S WHO HAS PLACE TOP 5 THREE X'S, MARCH WHO HAS A 2ND,2ND AND A 3RD, HE HAS BEATEN EPPERT A STATE CHAMP HIS FRESHMEN YR SO PEOPLE LETS GIVE THIS KID SOME CREDIT.  BEST OF LUCK TO JOSH FOR A 4TH TITLE AND CONGRATS TO CASHE FOR WINNING TODAY

The crowd went nuts when Cashe almost kept putting Harper on his back. Great wrestling

Unfortunate for Harper, but at least he was a good sport about it

...why wouldn't he be a good sport about it?  ???

Because Mishawaka has been known in the past to have not so great sportsmanship ;) but today I must say their sportsmanship was outstanding!

Beating Josh Harper is a DOMINATING performance.  This goes along with giving Harper credit.  I have all the respect in the world for Josh Harper and I know he is a phenom.  I did cheer for Quiroga when he won today, rather loudly in fact.  It is an amazing feeling watching two top tier wrestlers dual, not to mention to see an upset (if you will) and watch a kid who has only been beat once, when he bumped up, lose  again.  It was awesome to see, and that has nothing to do with me being happy that Harper lost.  I wish they both would have won, but as the announcer said "we will only have one winner this year."  Apparently next year's Al Smith will have 2 winners at 130.

I do recall saying that I hope if and when Harper loses people do not say Harper has a "bum" shoulder.  If he is hurt, he should not wrestle.  I think Harper would never use this as an excuse, and I also believe he has a lot going for him, and if he felt he was not ready to wrestle today, he would not have wrestled.  I did say Cashe dominated Harper, but beating a kid of Josh's caliber = DOMINATING performance

I was not saying that cashe was domintating like Howe dominated last year, but he is dominate in another way, he has wrestled one of the hardest if not THEY hardest schedules in all of Indiana and thus far is unbeaten and if you ask me thats pretty dominate

When I said most dominate of all time I meant as far as the caliber opponets he has beaten, I dont remember anyone in Indiana that has beaten this many quality kids so early in the season

Beating Harper 2-1 when Josh has a bum shoulder is NOT dominating It is a win,but not dominating.

This does not reflect Josh at all, they both wrestled great matches and I guarantee you (I'm very close to him) the last thing Josh wants people to be doing is blaming his loss on his shoulder.

Thanks for supporting my thesis Pat.  While I am not "close" to Harp, I have met the kid on multiple occassions and would also agree that he is not the type of kid to make excuses.  This young fella wants redemption already, I can bet ya that much.

Can you base the present, the NOW, off the past?  How can you say Harper is better than Cashe when Cashe just beat him? 

A fair statement would be that Harper has more accolades than Cashe, but it is wrong to say better.  In order to be better than some one, you have to be able to beat them, and Cashe beat Harper.  There was no freak moves or anything of that sort that caused the match, it was a legitimate win.  Harper was better the first 4 times they wrestled, Cashe is better now.

Congratulations to Cashe on the win! You worked hard for it. But there's no shame in the loss for Josh. Both of these guys are the class of Indiana wrestling. Their futures are set with Purdue & Michigan State. Now they have nothing to loss. Remember the only real thing that matters is the podium under the lights @ Conseco! Good luck to both!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.