Mishawaka results here

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you are correct.. earlier someone reported 9 were left total and i saw 3 in the championship.... apparently someone gave me incorrect info earlier... oh well.... looks like this will be a ace between the cavemen and the braves.

Man....... I can't believe I couldn't find ONE XXL shirt in the place today!! >:(

I will surely be ordering one of the Indianamat.com shirts (despite the color  ;) ) But I love the questions I get and attempts at pronouncing "meyeshowalka" in CA.  The littlest awood (awood1b) got one with the target in his size, but he's only 11!  Can't imagine the looks I would get from the treehuggers with the "Damn it feels good to be a caveman!" on my back! HAHA 

Tell the boys in the cave to start printing on some XXL circus tents and they have some buyers from the Wood family (awood1&3 have always been there....awood2 is a new addition to the XXL club! HAHA)

awood, sorry there were not xxl's.. anyway i am not a fan of your pronunciation of Mishawaka. As a native I must say you pronounce it like I did in elementary schools. However, upon growing up i have learned how to pronounce it. Mish-a-wau-ka i think works much better personally. Its just a short "i" with a short first and last "a". The issue seems to be that 2nd "a" i have no idea how that one worked out.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the wrestling today. I know I enjoyed the wrestling in the Old Gym.

awood, sorry there were not xxl's.. anyway i am not a fan of your pronunciation of Mishawaka. As a native I must say you pronounce it like I did in elementary schools. However, upon growing up i have learned how to pronounce it. Mish-a-wau-ka i think works much better personally. Its just a short "i" with a short first and last "a". The issue seems to be that 2nd "a" i have no idea how that one worked out.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the wrestling today. I know I enjoyed the wrestling in the Old Gym.

You misunderstood my intent....I was trying to relate how folks in CA struggle to read the shirt I wear around there.  I know how to pronounce it, my grandparents and father all graduated from there (for the first 20 years I attended, I would park at there house and walk across the street to get there) ;D

And yes....I love being there.  That's why I traveled here to watch! (Sure the Xmas with the family thing is nice too.)  Unfortunately, I  will miss the finals tommorow to get to Ohare on time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.