Jennings County Sectional

FatManRoller

Up in the air w/ 5 teams in the pre-season that can win it.

Columbus East

JC

Columbus North

Greensburg

Madison

East loses 5 champs, returns 5 RQ's (1 sectional champ)and 1 State Qualifier in Dalton Noblitt

Jennings County loses 3 (2 champs), returns 6 RQs

North loses 3, returns 6 qualifiers (2 sectional champs)

Greensburg only loses 1, returns 7 (no champs)

Madison loses 0, returns 7 (1 champ), and State Qualifier Jordan Partee

So, on paper, it's anybody's ball game. Some might look at numbers and say it could be between Columbus North, Greensburg, and Madison. However add in the returning 5th/6th placers and it changes things a little bit.

If I had to say right now to name a favorite I would say depth wins and JC wins w/ 9 RQ's (3 champs), followed by Columbus North and Madison each w/ 7 RQs (3 champs), Followed by East w/ 7 RQs (2 champs), and then Greensburg w/ 7 RQs (1 champ).

As of now, I would have to say JC and East have to be the favorites based on their programs' successes over recent years.  These teams tend to reload rather than rebuild.  I agree that North, Madison, and Greensburg will also make some noise.  Friday Nov. 22 could be an interesting match-up between Greenburg and Madison.

As of now, I would have to say JC and East have to be the favorites based on their programs' successes over recent years.  These teams tend to reload rather than rebuild.  I agree that North, Madison, and Greensburg will also make some noise.  Friday Nov. 22 could be an interesting match-up between Greenburg and Madison.

We are never right until after Jan 1, it will have some good individual match ups, but I would say Greensburg by 20.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.