IU vs. tOSU

I don't see IU getting a win here but which IU guys do you think will get a win. I think Hump will get a major and Kinser should have a good match with Johnstone. Also for how inconsistant J. Jaggers has been this year if Kelly or Hernandez come ready to wrestle at their best they could have an outside shot of an upset.

As was posted Johnstone is out Nemec is in at 157.

I'm looking forwad to the Colt - Paul match. Imo it will really show where Young is right now. The Vallimont match gave me hope for him this season even though V bumped up a weight. 

And. I really hope Angel handles Triggas .....cause at this point in the season if he doesn't...........he better schedule that surgery.

I'm looking forwad to the Colt - Paul match. Imo it will really show where Young is right now. The Vallimont match gave me hope for him this season even though V bumped up a weight. 

And. I really hope Angel handles Triggas .....cause at this point in the season if he doesn't...........he better schedule that surgery.

Vallimont came back and beat Manual the next day at 165, so I think Young's win was fully legit. He looked great.

I'll be shocked if Jaggers techs Kelly or Andrae. He has one techfall this year, versus a Cumberland wrestler. I do think Jaggers will win, though, possibly by a major.

IU should win at 125, 157 (although Nemec will not be a pushover) and 174, with realistic chances to win at 197 and HWT. As solid as Young is, it would be a large upset to beat Sponsellor.

The announcer says that Reece Humphrey is just sitting out tonight getting ready for Minnesota match on Sunday at the Value City Arena,  The first time that Ohio State has wrestled in this venue.  Prior to Sunday it has been held at St. John arena.  Humphrey apparently is sitting  so he only has to make weight once.  That is what he says on the broadcast.

P.S. Vallimont didn't "bump up" a weight. He is at 165 for the rest of the year.

Ohio State wins 18-16 over Indiana.

1/30/2009

Ohio State - 18

Indiana - 16

Individual Matches

Wt Winning Wrestler (School) Win Type Losing Wrestler (School)       Score

174 David Rella (Ohio State)   DEC Trevor Perry (Indiana) 6 - 4

184 Mike  Pucillo (Ohio State) FALL Eric Cameron (Indiana) 2:11

197 Matt Powless (Indiana)   DEC Cody Gardner (Ohio State) 11-4

285 Nathan Everhart (Indiana) DEC Corey  Morrison (Ohio State) 3 - 4

125 Angel Escobedo (Indiana)  DEC Nikko Triggas (Ohio State) 7-1

133 Matt Ortega (Indiana)  M Dec Patrick Harrington (Ohio State) 13-4

141 J Jaggers (Ohio State)  DEC Andrae Hernandez (Indiana) 9 - 6

149 Lance Palmer (Ohio State) DEC Nick Walpole (Indiana) 8 - 2

157 Kurt Kinser (Indiana)       DEC Sean Nemec (Ohio State) 4-2

165 Colt Sponseller (Ohio State) dec Paul Young (Indiana) 8-2

Ohio State improves to 10-1 1-0 in the Big Ten.  Indiana falls to 13-3-1, 0-1-1 in the Big Ten.  Ohio State vs Minnesota at Value City Arena (11:00 a.m.) and  Indiana at Michigan (2:00) at the Cliff Keen Arena on Sunday.

Hey Cadet130 when I used the Phrase "bump up" I meant that it was vallimonts first match "bumped up" to 165.  Its always interesting to see how someone wrestles when they change weight classes half-way through the season. 

Way to go IU!

Disco you must really have a problem with hernandez. how many times has he beat you or someone close to you. How about you give us some of your credentials. Maybe you should stop bashing the IU program.

eau contraire, just stating facts and things as I see them.I do not wear rose colored glasses. I'm at every home meet, know a few of the wrestlers, coaches. Was around the program before coach G. took over. I'm really one of their biggest fans. And I love to see all the wrestlers do well. So you can't accuse me of hate.