Iu At NCAA’s

Will be represented by at least 6 wrestlers, pending at large bids. Lee 157, Rooks 159,Fongaro 141, Lillard 165, Rooks 131, Willham 285, the most in several years. Great work by the coaches. Indiana finishing 12th in the conference Championship was not good, but it is more telling how good the rest of the Big Ten teams are. Hopefully Hoosier can continue to improve their personnel ,in their quest for more parody in the conference. 

2 hours ago, Disco said:

Will be represented by at least 6 wrestlers, pending at large bids. Lee 157, Rooks 159,Fongaro 141, Lillard 165, Rooks 131, Willham 285, the most in several years. Great work by the coaches. Indiana finishing 12th in the conference Championship was not good, but it is more telling how good the rest of the Big Ten teams are. Hopefully Hoosier can continue to improve their personnel ,in their quest for more parody in the conference. 

Yeah, IU and Ohio St. are the two that stand out as being much better duals teams than tournament teams. OSU were 2nd in the duals standings and are going to end up with all 10 at nationals, but finished 5th. IU ends up 12th, but were tied for 7th in the duals standings and will end up as high as tied for 6th in number of qualifiers once things shake out.

3 hours ago, Disco said:

I agree with your thought that it's a big deal for IU to get this many too. Nothing would be better for recruiting and drawing attention to the RTC than if Lee and Rooks are All-Americans and Red, Moran, Lacey, and others keep banging on the freestyle circuit.

13 hours ago, Disco said:

Parity. Sorry, I'm kind of a spelling geek.

20 hours ago, maligned said:

I agree with your thought that it's a big deal for IU to get this many too. Nothing would be better for recruiting and drawing attention to the RTC than if Lee and Rooks are All-Americans and Red, Moran, Lacey, and others keep banging on the freestyle circuit.

is Red still doing freestyle?  I don't recall him doing so.

30 minutes ago, ReformedPoster said:

is Red still doing freestyle?  I don't recall him doing so.

I just mentioned him because recent RTC info still lists him as a resident athlete (and the other guys mentioned are in fact still competing). You're right, though...not sure he's actually been at it.

Edited by maligned

I shouldn't have even brought it up.😆

I think I figured out who you were at some point this season. You sit behind the scorer's table on the IU bench end? Very vocal, broad shouldered? I was going to introduce myself at the Chattanooga dual, but I didn't see you. Apologies if I am wrong.