PSU vs OSU Friday night

3 hours ago, SIACfan said:

Mendez vs Bartlett - hopefully!

Should be fun.

On big ten network too, cant wait for that match. Be fun to see how Feldman competes against Kerkvliet as well  Penn state so deep hopefully OSU wins a few.

20 hours ago, buckpatrol said:

Be fun to see how Feldman competes against Kerkvliet as well...

Feldman looked good against Davison, but I got a feeling Kerkvliet will be too much for him. Could be interesting though.

20 hours ago, buckpatrol said:

...Penn state so deep hopefully OSU wins a few.

OSU doesn't matchup well but I suppose noone does.

IMO, Mendez is the best hope for a win.

There are lots of good matchups but I think PSU takes the vast majority of them.

D'Emilio is the only OSU wrestler that is ranked higher than his opponent, but Kasak has been wrestling very well lately and I don't have a lot of faith in D'Emilio.

Another interesting matchup will be to see how Rocco Welsh fairs against Starocci.

1 hour ago, UncleJimmy said:

Shoulda won first 3 matches….125 was highly ???? Decision 

I don’t favor either team, but if I was a ref I would have given a takedown at 125 to OSU. As much as I hate to say it, I think Mendez did get swiped. 

7 hours ago, Mitchell1993 said:

I don’t favor either team, but if I was a ref I would have given a takedown at 125 to OSU. As much as I hate to say it, I think Mendez did get swiped. 

I agree that definitely was a takedown. It was lime watching the KC Chiefs or GB packers with the home team referee bias 🤔 

1 hour ago, SIACfan said:

Well both 125 & 141 were close calls.

IMO, either both were TD's or neither were. Not sure how you wave off one & call the other a TD.

They did not call it a TD in 141. It was neutral danger.

1 hour ago, wrestlenewbie said:

They did not call it a TD in 141. It was neutral danger.

Yes, but neutral danger is a TD.

And as I already stated IMO either both should have been a neutral danger TD or neither should have been.

29 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

Yes, but neutral danger is a TD.

And as I already stated IMO either both should have been a neutral danger TD or neither should have been.

Well that isn't what you said. You said they were either both TD or neither was. No one is arguing it should have been a neutral danger TD on Davis, just a regular TD. The issue was that Davis was on a knee when Kilkeary was behind him and in control.

Since the criteria for neutral danger takedown is very different than the criteria for a regular TD it doesn't make sense to say they are parallel situations that have been called the same.

But Kilkeary put him on his back as well for what I thought was a 2 second count (but it was very close).

So if the official gave Davis reaction time when Kilkeary was behind then it could have been a neutral danger TD from the back exposure. That is what I was comparing as equal.

Again, IMO both should have gave one way or the other. Not two different ways. JMO though. Both were extremely close. If they had happened in a vacuum I would not complain about how they were called. Both could have gone either way. But since they happened in the same dual, by the same official just a few matches apart it was a bad look for one to go one way & the other to go a different way.

2 hours ago, SIACfan said:

But Kilkeary put him on his back as well for what I thought was a 2 second count (but it was very close).

So if the official gave Davis reaction time when Kilkeary was behind then it could have been a neutral danger TD from the back exposure. That is what I was comparing as equal.

Again, IMO both should have gave one way or the other. Not two different ways. JMO though. Both were extremely close. If they had happened in a vacuum I would not complain about how they were called. Both could have gone either way. But since they happened in the same dual, by the same official just a few matches apart it was a bad look for one to go one way & the other to go a different way.

BTW Spey on Flo has a good blog on the inconsistency of control calls this year:

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/12040856-ncaa-d1-week-14-roundup-just-what-is-control-anyway