IHSAA State Tournament Advancing Qualification History

I am looking for the years the IHSAA state tournament advancing qualifications were changed.  IHSAA Handbooks quit explaining advancing qualification in 1971.  So far what I have is:

From Sectionals to Regionals

1st & 2nd qualify  ?-1963

1st only qualify 1963-1972

When did top 4 qualify begin?

From Regionals to State

1st & 2nd qualify ?-1962

1st only qualify 1963-1972

Semi-State begins 1976

always top 4 advance?

Appreciate any historians who can help me gets a better idea of how the tournament was ran in years past.  

It was Top 2 from Sectional to Regional and Top 3 from Regionals to Semi-States for some time around the 80s and 90s.  The Sectionals were smaller in size back then with 4 sectionals feeding into a Regional.  My Indiana Wrestling History book is home so I can't lockdown the exact dates at the moment.  Y2CJ should be able to look it up the progression if he has his copy handy.  I had considered transcribing most of the history of the tournament series from that book into an online source, but keep assuming Hook and Half or Y2CJ would just beat me to completing it.

Edited by MattM