This is probably the deepest weight of them all followed by 144...

Quick Facts

• SIX of the top eight finishers from last season's 113-pound class return and all are ranked within the top eight.
  • In addition to the six returning medalists, three of the previous year's 113-pound qualifiers return and all are ranked within the top 20.
  • There is only a single returning medalist from 120 last season in this weight in Western's Tanner Tishner.
  • Three of last season's top four at the 113-pound class come from the same regional.

Questions/Observations

• With #4 Haines, #5 LaRocca, and #6 Ash all competing in the Mooresville regional, what is the chance one unfortunately draws into #3 Henderson coming in from the Evansville North regional?
  • While #7 Tishner is an early favorite to repeat as a semi-state champion out of Fort Wayne, should he win, he could have a epic match-up with any combination of either #1Jendreas/#2 Aubin/#8 Dallinger or #3 Henderson/#4 Haines/#5 LaRocca/#6 Ash on Saturday morning (should everyone reach the tournament).
  • Is there a chance #3 Henderson, #4 Haines, #5 LaRocca, and #6 Ash ALL make it out of Evansville?
  • Is there a chance #1 through #8 all make the podium?
  • Can any previous qualifiers out of the New Castle semi-state disrupt the battle royale in the top eight? #15 Taylor was a semi-state champion last season at 113, but he has dropped close matches to #11 Temples and #14 Rogers. With Taylor and Rogers competing in the same regional, what are the chances they see returning qualifiers #11 Temples or #20 Frazier in the quarterfinals at New Castle?

13 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

Quick Facts

• SIX of the top eight finishers from last season's 113-pound class return and all are ranked within the top eight.
  • In addition to the six returning medalists, three of the previous year's 113-pound qualifiers return and all are ranked within the top 20.
  • There is only a single returning medalist from 120 last season in this weight in Western's Tanner Tishner.
  • Three of last season's top four at the 113-pound class come from the same regional.

Questions/Observations

• With #4 Haines, #5 LaRocca, and #6 Ash all competing in the Mooresville regional, what is the chance one unfortunately draws into #3 Henderson coming in from the Evansville North regional?
  • While #7 Tishner is an early favorite to repeat as a semi-state champion out of Fort Wayne, should he win, he could have a epic match-up with any combination of either #1Jendreas/#2 Aubin/#8 Dallinger or #3 Henderson/#4 Haines/#5 LaRocca/#6 Ash on Saturday morning (should everyone reach the tournament).
  • Is there a chance #3 Henderson, #4 Haines, #5 LaRocca, and #6 Ash ALL make it out of Evansville?
  • Is there a chance #1 through #8 all make the podium?
  • Can any previous qualifiers out of the New Castle semi-state disrupt the battle royale in the top eight? #15 Taylor was a semi-state champion last season at 113, but he has dropped close matches to #11 Temples and #14 Rogers. With Taylor and Rogers competing in the same regional, what are the chances they see returning qualifiers #11 Temples or #20 Frazier in the quarterfinals at New Castle?

I agree deep with talent but believe gavin jendreas has really separated himself from everyone. 2-8 a toss-up but #2 and on jendreas was cutting! He has turned a corner! 

144 you may call me crazy, but jeffrey hueyvart is the one to beat. Hes been on a mission all season and I think wins state by a decent margin. 

Just now, jshep86 said:

I agree deep with talent but believe gavin jendreas has really separated himself from everyone. 2-8 a toss-up but #2 and on jendreas was cutting! He has turned a corner! 

144 you may call me crazy, but jeffrey hueyvart is the one to beat. Hes been on a mission all season and I think wins state by a decent margin. 

I agree with both of your assessments!

On 1/11/2024 at 8:08 PM, blueandgold said:

Questions/Observations

Two in three chance that top-8 wrestlers meet in the ticket round and one doesn't make State finals. Indiana having only 16 spots is tough enough, but the lack of wrestlebacks means that top wrestlers will be staying home. This scenario is also likely in other Semistates where certain regionals are deep in certain weights. 

WRESTLEBACKS!