Finally, the Munster hot dog review

As some of you know, Munster had their senior night on 12/6, but did not serve concessions.  However, after a lot letter writing, protesting, a fire alarm, and some good ol' fashioned bitching, Munster opened the concession stand for the super duals yesterday.  (Some might say they were going to open the stand without my theatrics, but trust me, I was the catalyst. Maybe.) On to the review. 

Reminder, I taste test the hot dogs plain.  When I first saw the hot dog, I was excited.  It was plump, and had that nice reddish color I like.  However, when I bit into it, it tasted different than what I was expecting.  It tasted as if they steamed the hot dog with the polish, and a bit of the polish taste got into the dog.  Now this is tricky, because I believe there is a section of the population that would love a hot dog with polish taste.  I was, not exactly "meh", but I wanted a hot dog that tasted like a hot dog.  So, unfortunately, I have to give the hot dogs yesterday at Munster 4.5 slices of pizza out of 8.  The next Munster wrestling meet is at Munster on Thursday the 21.  If the open the stand, I will do a retaste.  Thank you for reading.

PXL_20231216_154406712.jpg

I would be happy to louse this one with a few condiments and be very satisfied.  Sport peppers would be a plus, but the farther you get from Chicago, the less likely you will find them.  As a side note, most sport peppers come from the Gulf Coast.  I grow hot peppers and the seeds are pipelined to the major manufacturers, making them hard to find for independent growers.

The fire alarm was a nice touch. Was told that it came from burnt popcorn and not the making of classic char dogs. I did not get to sample the dogs or the popcorn, however, as the coach's hospitality room featured the ever popular wares of Munster Donut and a mighty nice donation of meats and sides from Doc's BBQ. That was a mighty fine spread. 

I have been to two wrestling events where a fire alarm was pulled. One when I was six and the other one when I was about 45. Both were false alarms and yet both were very interesting circumstances! I'm not sure about the first one but it was really cold outside and everybody went outside! The second was believed to be a five or six year old on the loose who grabbed the fire alarm almost everybody in the gym knew what had happened so everybody stayed put! It was funny everybody was looking around and thinking to themselves where's that little kid at that I saw running around?