PURDUE vs INDIANA

The season has begun! Let's talk about our 2 DIV. 1 wrestling teams we have in Indiana. Which school is going to have the more competitive team this year? The new FLO rankings are out and I.U. has 6 guys ranked in the top 33, and PURDUE has 3 guys ranked in the top 33. 

Last year's Purdue vs I.U. dual went down to the wire, but if these rankings hold up looks like I.U. wins it pretty easily this year on Jan. 27th down in Bloomington. 

It's all going to hinge on how Purdue's young guys develop. You won't see many Purdue wrestlers in the early rankings because over half the lineup are redshirt sophomores and under. I think IU still gets the nod in the dual this year, but will be very interesting to see guys like Greyson Clark, Joey Blaze, Brody Baumann, and James Rowley wrestle. Those four guys are the biggest difference between having a much better dual team vs still stuck as a young team wrestling in the Big Ten.