Observations/Thoughts from State Finals Weekend

jets

1. Hands down my absolute FAVORITE event of the year. There is just something about the raw emotion and dedication it takes in this sport. There is no hiding the agony of defeat...and the thrills of victory. Such a cool moment/event

2. #1 being said - I felt like "the electricity" was lacking a little bit - and I've chewed/thought on this for awhile thinking of reasons it could be - and I think I've settled on the reserved seating aspect. Don't get me wrong- I totally understand it and actually think it is nicer than the old "free for all/save seats" fiascos ....BUT - with half of the lower level being empty come Saturday morning/afternoon...I don't think that's a good thing?? 

So- what is the fix?? Do you go back to only buying Friday tickets and having to wait till midnight Friday?? Ugh...

- Is there some type of possibility that those not returning can let the ushers know, and have some type of system that those seats are now available?? 

#3- I don't get the non-leaving/no reentry thing?? I asked a worker, and they said it was because of idiots drinking and then coming back and starting a ruckus?? Really?? I've been to the State Finals almost my whole life and don't recall very many incidents like that?? I just don't get the justification ?? I've purchased a ticket to an event, and you're going to tell me when/when I can't come/go as I please?? 

Was the finals mat darker than usual? It was too dark to really see what was going on and we had good seats, so we just ended up watching the video screen above the mat, which seems dumb. Why don't they have a brighter spotlight over the mat for the finals? I heard a bunch of people from the crowd screaming about it, but there's nothing they could do at that point.

15 hours ago, Penn04 said:

Could it possibly be that they want to lock you into their building for an hour with nothing to do? Around dinner time? With the concessions open?? 

That's what most people think/assume. Just has never made much sense to me. 

I agree with jets on everything!!  just not that much energy, felt weird,  Also  i really didnt mind the reserve seating (other than the nightmare of buying them),, buuuuuutttttt    come on at some point let people move closer to the mat if there are empty seats,,  idk   

last one ..  assigned seating SUCKS if you were sitting next/around me  in sec 12,,  right in front of the idiot kids (calling out to the suit wearers...EMD) that were screaming like they were getting murdered most of the time when "their" guy wasnt even wrestling.  5 or 6 of us adults told them to knock it off it worked until their ADD kicked ..

hell  i left when the finals started and sat at one of the bar tops and watched it on the big screen

probably watch in my garage next year right next to the ice cold beer fridge w my buddies and the cheap 30 rack,,,     Great Event tho all around,  amazing talent for sure!!!🇺🇸