Senior Night at New Prairie

I just witnessed one of the greatest events in high school athletics. Last home meet of the season and there is special recognition for the seniors and their families. Just surviving high school is hard enough, and having a special night dedicated to them is the least anyone could do. New Prairie takes it to another level. The final dual is not in the gym, but in the auditorium. The wrestlers are under the lights and indeed on center stage. The acoustics are amazing. Every slam, grunt, groan, and slap bounces off the walls. There isn't a bad seat in the house. It was a really neat way to witness a wrestling match and gives all the wrestlers a special night that they will remember. Great job New Prairie!

Thank you for sharing, that sounds amazing. We have talked about doing that, but have always hesitated due to worries about being "up" on the stage. Did that seem to be an issue at all? Always felt like it would give a HS meet a true "big fight" kind of feel.

Always makes my heart happy to hear that schools get behind wrestling in a big way, especially when it's not attached to someone completing some grand achievement. Same goes for Cross Country, Track, Swimming, Golf, Soccer, etc.

10 hours ago, rmckinney88 said:

I just witnessed one of the greatest events in high school athletics. Last home meet of the season and there is special recognition for the seniors and their families. Just surviving high school is hard enough, and having a special night dedicated to them is the least anyone could do. New Prairie takes it to another level. The final dual is not in the gym, but in the auditorium. The wrestlers are under the lights and indeed on center stage. The acoustics are amazing. Every slam, grunt, groan, and slap bounces off the walls. There isn't a bad seat in the house. It was a really neat way to witness a wrestling match and gives all the wrestlers a special night that they will remember. Great job New Prairie!

Sounds cool. Any pics?

7 hours ago, Coach Whitenack said:

https://npcougars.com/photos/wrestling-vs-sb-st-joseph-1-11-23-photo-gallery

Here are the pictures from New Prairie's senior night.  It's much better in person.  

Thank you, Coach, for posting the pics. Also congratulations on your season, even though there is a lot of work yet to do. I personally did not take any pics. I recorded the events on my friend's tablet for him so that he and his family could focus on their sons big night under the lights. 

Galagore, there did not seem to be any safety concerns with the wrestling on the stage. I don't know the exact dimensions of the New Prairie stage, but there seemed to be plenty of room. 

On a side note, I predict NP to have 4 at state, 3 placers, 1 finalist.